• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live: Mid-game joining...

Core407

Banned
Is there a reason why we don't see this feature? I could have sworn some Xbox titles supported it. Is it a hardware or network limitation that's preventing the ability?

Odysseus

Banned
It's just game design. I don't play many online games, but Halo 2 (custom) and Amped 2 allowed you to pop right in.

adios_zidane_small.gif

:lol :lol :lol

Here Be Dragons

Core407 said:
Is there a reason why we don't see this feature? I could have sworn some Xbox titles supported it. Is it a hardware or network limitation that's preventing the ability?

We do see it. Buy more games. ;)

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Battlefield 2
Call of Duty 2
PGR3 (spectating on mid-game join, obviously)
Perfect Dark Zero
Prey

I think someone hasn't played many X360 games...

Baron Aloha

A Shining Example
JBetts said:
You can add it on to any title for 75 Microsoft Points.

The sad thing is, I could easily imagine a company like EA doing this. Even sadder, is that I might actually pay for it given the right circumstances. For instance, if they added this feature to GRAW's DLC I would definitely purchase it. Finding a match in GRAW is a major pain in the ass if you don't have any friends online and I haven't played the game for months because of it. Its the game's only glaring flaw IMO.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Uhm yeah, if they put mid-game joining as a microtransaction, then this whole microtransaction business is totally ****ed. You're already paying a macrotransaction per year for a feature that should be free to begin with....

Baron Aloha said:
The sad thing is, I could easily imagine a company like EA doing this.

It is sad that you can imagine that, actually. As there's no way on Earth a patch to correct an error in coding will ever cost money.

"But, hey, Dude Who Posts Uatu Pictures Alla Th' Time, what, like, what about, like, a Multiplayer Patch for, like, Lumines or something."
*Throws Dictionaries From The Rooftops*

Top Bottom