• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Live Ultimate Game Sale (Feb 18th - 24th)

statham

Hell yea!

hope the pic is legit, will grab

Costume Quest, Sniper Elite 3, Kinect Rivals, Temple of Osiris

Maybe Styx and Lords of the Fallen( gotta watch some videos, read some reviews)

statham

Microsoft, make Shadowrun one dollar for Xbox 360, I need some more people to kill and rez.

Yea, I wanna see the 360 lineup, these are excellent for XB1. I just discovered that I like/enjoy the Assassin's creed games never gave them a chance on 360, would like for them to go on sale.

Flandy

So I just noticed that MCC is under "Wicked Weekend Offers" Does that mean I'm gonna have to wait till Friday or Saturday for that to go on sale? :(

Wish Forza Horizon 2 was on sale instead of 5

P. Fembot

Banned
Costume Quest 2 for me.

I used to have Kinect Sports Rivals but I traded it in for a measly price, will get again if sub $8, but it was pretty bad.

TheYanger

halo 2 would desync for me and my cousin who is only 50 miles away, we had to stop half way in because of it.

I attempted to do this in MCC, and it was basically unplayable. When your inputs lag behind by a good half-second in the best-case scenario, it's unplayable - especially when you're under the same network conditions and same host as Reach and 4 on the 360, and had zero problems with either of them.

The most interesting part is the fact that look controls were not subject to input lag, just any other actions - but then the actual point at which guns fire does lag behind where you're looking.

Considering my experiences with trying to play co-op online in the game, under network conditions that haven't produced any meaningful problems with quite a wide variety of other games, including the other Halo games on the previous platform, I find the claim of them being 100% fine to be pretty hard to swallow.

Internet lag (especially with a game with notoriously bad online at launch) is not REMOTELY the same thing as the framerate slowing to a crawl. It didn't. Local co-op worked flawlessly with no framerate dips in the least.

Chris1

Holy shit what a sale!

MCC for $23? I really didn't want to get this and support a broken game but damn that price is tempting..
KSR for $10? Is this game worth $10? May pick it up just to put my kinect to use.
Lords of the fallen $10 is also temtping.

Solid prices all round. Take note MS, these type of discounts are what you call a sale. Hoping for some daily deals on GTA V.

Little disappointed it's forza 5 on sale and not FH2

EA should really drop titanfall to £9.99 and keep it there, would be a good seller for new console owners and such IMO.

Wouldn't have the effect of a sale though since it won't be 'luring' people into picking it up before it goes away. But yeah, after the recent price drops $40 or whatever the regular price is doesn't look that good. Wouldn't even be mad if they made the base game F2P and made their money off DLC but it would never happen.

Gowans

I must be lucky with MCC but it works a treat for me.

So much game in there id put it as a must by blind recommend to anyone.

DWinn7

I bought an Xbox a few days ago. Definitely enjoying it. Unfortunately, I missed out on Titanfall deluxe on sale for 12.50

I'm definitely hopping on MCC for 24 bucks. But I will continue to lurk in the shadows for a great Titanfall deal.

I must be lucky with MCC but it works a treat for me.

So much game in there id put it as a must by blind recommend to anyone.

Yeah, me too. I've never not been able to find a game. I feel a little sheepish recommending it, because I've been fine, but I know others seem to have insurmountable issues.

Alien Isolation!!

Does anyone know what price it will be in UK? I need it so bad 😢

I need a good Alien Game after Colonial Marines, but the initial price turned me off tbh

I bought an Xbox a few days ago. Definitely enjoying it. Unfortunately, I missed out on Titanfall deluxe on sale for 12.50

I'm definitely hopping on MCC for 24 bucks. But I will continue to lurk in the shadows for a great Titanfall deal.
That game is like $10 or so all the time, don't worry.

I thought Costume Quest 2 was meant to be pretty bad? Like basically repeating all the mistakes the first one made with a few extra ones on top.

sam777

Alien Isolation!!

Does anyone know what price it will be in UK? I need it so bad 😢

I need a good Alien Game after Colonial Marines, but the initial price turned me off tbh

Take 60% off the current price and there you go. Or you can buy US gift cards and change your region to the US and get it. It will work out a bit cheaper that way.

But check the International GAF thread if you're interested in purchasing that way.

jesu

I thought Costume Quest 2 was meant to be pretty bad? Like basically repeating all the mistakes the first one made with a few extra ones on top.

Depends on what you think of the first one then.
If you don't mind turn based rpgs, are partial to a bit of Double Fines charm and aren't expecting too much it's a good game to get.

Internet lag (especially with a game with notoriously bad online at launch) is not REMOTELY the same thing as the framerate slowing to a crawl. It didn't. Local co-op worked flawlessly with no framerate dips in the least.

For my problem is was not lag, the game on my end would completely desync and we would both be playing online but enemies and placements were different, it keeps happening on the same arbiter stage and we can't fix it, doesn't matter who was hosting. Lag wise we always have good ping with each other since we are so close.

Alx

I already own the games I'd want in that list... but I'll highly recommend Disney Fantasia, great and unique game (try the demo if you don't believe me :) ).
KSR is ok too, not a classic but at that price it's fair enough.

Lords of The Fallen 75% off.

Is the game any good?!?

I do not see Dragon Age 3 discount over there :(

I just bought Lords of the Fallen last week at retail for 33.99 and haven't regretted it. It's essentially Dark Souls without the amazing lore and world. Also slightly clunkier combat and very little magic. Definitely worth picking up during this sale.

JaggedSac

I already own the games I'd want in that list... but I'll highly recommend Disney Fantasia, great and unique game (try the demo if you don't believe me :) ).
KSR is ok too, not a classic but at that price it's fair enough.

How much space is needed for KSR?

Montresor

What is Lords of the Fallen like?

More like Dragon Age, Kingdoms of Amalur?

Or like Witcher?

Or like Dark Souls?

If it's like DA or KoA, then that's an instant purchase at $10. If it's like Witcher, then it's a maybe. If it's like Dark Souls then no, god no, I will not buy it. I can only take playing one Dark Souls type game in my life.

EdgeXL

How is Master Chief Collection lately? I would mostly play the campaigns but I don't want to reward Microsoft with a purchase if the multiplayer is still broken.

What is Lords of the Fallen like?

More like Dragon Age, Kingdoms of Amalur?

Or like Witcher?

Or like Dark Souls?

If it's like DA or KoA, then that's an instant purchase at $10. If it's like Witcher, then it's a maybe. If it's like Dark Souls then no, god no, I will not buy it. I can only take playing one Dark Souls type game in my life.

I really enjoyed LOTF, although I've not played Dark Souls. Its not really like DA though and Ive played Origins and Inquisition of that series and I liked them both)

Alx

Lol, sorry, I meant in my living room.

I think I play at approximately 1.5 meters from the sensor, and it's fine. You shouldn't have any issue with shooting, bowling and waveracing anyway. Tennis and especially Soccer need room on the sides. If you're tall, climbing may require playing a bit further away, since you'll need to raise your hands over your head.

JaggedSac

i can't really say much about the old kinect as I played it at a friends place using his big lounge but my kinect 2 works flawless in my bedroom, average size, it's like the lense had a wider field of view.

I think I play at approximately 1.5 meters from the sensor, and it's fine. You shouldn't have any issue with shooting, bowling and waveracing anyway. Tennis and especially Soccer need room on the sides. If you're tall, climbing may require playing a bit further away, since you'll need to raise your hands over your head.

Cool thanks. Haven't played any games using the Kinect yet, so wasn't sure how much room I'd need.

Lords of the Fallen for $9 will be mine! Muah hahahaha! But for real the game is pretty decent, played on pc for about 10 hours and never beat it, but im always looking for cheap xbone games that i can get achs on.

Alx

Cool thanks. Haven't played any games using the Kinect yet, so wasn't sure how much room I'd need.

You could try going to the settings, where it shows what the Kinect can see, and try moving back&forth, left and right to see if your body fit entirely in the picture.

stn

LotF at $9 is a steal! Any word if Killer Instinct season 2 ultra is going on sale? I already bought season 1, buying the complete collection would be pointless.

T.O.P

Banned
Lords of the Fallen is damn tempting

But i just got a new pc so i'm confused wether to wait for some Steam Sales or not...how's the X1 version?

Top Bottom