• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Mini Fridge - World Premiere

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Dude, I think you're missing the point.
This fridge is a novelty item.

I don't think the target audience for this fridge is seriously looking to buy a reliable appliance. Just chuck a few Mountain Dew Game Fuels in there and boom! You're done.
Iirc black ops had a fridge too. The Juggernog Fridge for Black Ops 3. While I do have my own mini fridge. I didn’t pay over $40 for it. It literally holds 3 cans and that’s it. What you’re paying for here is the branding and not if it’s actually worth as much as they’re going to probably sell it for. You can get suckered into spending good money on junk just because it has a brand logo on it. At least with Whirlpool they have a good reputation.

If it’s a good fridge then I’m wrong and you have my blessing. I’m just saying they shouldn’t always get the money just cause they throw their brand logo on there.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
Iirc black ops had a fridge too. The Juggernog Fridge for Black Ops 3. While I do have my own mini fridge. I didn’t pay over $40 for it. It literally holds 3 cans and that’s it. What you’re paying for here is the branding and not if it’s actually worth as much as they’re going to probably sell it for. You can get suckered into spending good money on junk just because it has a brand logo on it. At least with Whirlpool they have a good reputation.

If it’s a good fridge then I’m wrong and you have my blessing. I’m just saying they shouldn’t always get the money just cause they throw their brand logo on there.

Whirlpool is one of the cheapest and shittest fridges out there, I thought your first post was a joke if you want to buy shit just buy whirlpool for cheaper 😂

People aren’t buying this for a good fridge for any real world use, they’re buying it exactly because it has an Xbox logo on it for a games room.

If this doesn’t come to Australia I’m going to be pissed.

Last edited:

jigglet

Banned

I just hope others pick up on this. It doesn't even need to be xbox branded. The idea of a mini fridge is awesome. The ones that exist today are either huge (about 60cm wide) or shitty USB novelty ones that barely cool anything. If this genuinely reaches proper fridge temperatures then IMO this is an untapped product category that I reckon there's plenty of demand for.

Last edited:

Mattyp

Gold Member
I just hope others pick up on this. It doesn't even need to be xbox branded. The idea of a mini fridge is awesome. The ones that exist today are either huge (about 60cm wide) or shitty USB novelty ones that barely cool anything. If this genuinely reaches proper fridge temperatures then IMO this is an untapped product category that I reckon there's plenty of demand for.

This 100% got a bar fridge in the office but like you say it’s 60cm so we have it downstairs because it’s an eyesore and pain to get a fresh drink. This sitting on a bookshelf would be perfect.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Whirlpool is one of the cheapest and shittest fridges out there, I thought your first post was a joke if you want to buy shit just buy whirlpool for cheaper 😂

People aren’t buying this for a good fridge for any real world use, they’re buying it exactly because it has an Xbox logo on it for a games room.

I have a $1,000 Whirlpool fridge that has been awesome. It’s one of the best fridges I own. Right, but people will also throw hundreds and hundreds of dollars at anything too. I realize that and that’s exactly why I said what I said.

I bet they won’t make a lot of these things and they’ll be forcing some sorta artificial demand. It will appear like everyone wants one, but they’ll create a deficit just to hype the thing up.

Last edited:
Top Bottom