• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One adapter unlocks support for mouse and keyboard, DS4 and more controllers

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I know a thing or two about adapters/converters.

I am getting one next week hopefully so I can put it through some input and lag tests.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Well .. it DOES have freaking Windows in it .. so I don't think this really should come as a surprise to anyone.

damn, as someone who has a custom expensive modded arcade stick, this right here might be a killer app for me (if a bunch of good fighting games come to the Xbox One like they did on 360)

ZeroCDR

I'm definitely interested in this product for me PS3 and 360 TE sticks. It was bad enough I had to buy one for each console last gen.

No way am I buying brand new sticks for PS4 and Xbone when there's no legitimate reason other than greed to prevent my perfectly fine TE sticks from working.

This is what happens when you base a console on common PC architecture and off the shelf parts, people realize they can make it better. Perhaps Microsoft new this and was planning on selling propitiatory upgrade parts later down the life cycle? I mean, it's so close to a PC that it wouldn't be to far off or that complex. People are already replacing them with SSD drives. What happens next? o_O the Ram?

Dr. Kaos

Banned

Not sure what you mean. You bolded seemingly random parts of my post but I don't see what your criticism is.

In one of them I complained about microsoft not letting us use old, perfectly working USB accessories out of greed, which is factual and is definitely anti-consumer behavior as others have said.

In the other, I complained about the overly high price of a gamepad adapter ($60) when all those I've bought in the past were $10-$20.

What is the problem?

Finalizer

This is what happens when you base a console on common PC architecture and off the shelf parts, people realize they can make it better.

This has nothing to do with the console architecture. It's a device that just takes inputs from various controllers and translates them into a way the Xbone understands.

This is what happens when you base a console on common PC architecture and off the shelf parts, people realize they can make it better. Perhaps Microsoft new this and was planning on selling propitiatory upgrade parts later down the life cycle? I mean, it's so close to a PC that it wouldn't be to far off or that complex. People are already replacing them with SSD drives. What happens next? o_O the Ram?

Pad hacks have nothing to do with CPU architecture. This is possible on *all* platforms, past, present, and future. I have a TE that I could plug into a Gamecube, PS1, or SNES if I wanted.

Edit: So late

Fermbiz

Gold Member
It works perfect IMO. Took sometime to set it up. Had to watch a YouTube video in order to configure it.

I tried using my Xbox 360 TE stick... but since it's modded, the device gets an error. Ive been using the smaller MadCatz stick and as far as I can tell, no lag, no dropped inputs. Works as advertised.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
It works perfect IMO. Took sometime to set it up. Had to watch a YouTube video in order to configure it.

I tried using my Xbox 360 TE stick... but since it's modded, the device gets an error. Ive been using the smaller MadCatz stick and as far as I can tell, no lag, no dropped inputs. Works as advertised.

that sounds great. i know someone got the wireless microsoft wheel working - but without force feedback. cronusmax is apparently working on adding g27/fanatec wheel support too. i hope they are able to deliver the force feedback.

either way though, 60 bucks to be able to use my 360 pads on the one alone would be worth it.

DC R1D3R

Banned
yeah, I would like to know. I'm on the edge of ordering one as I have an Xbox One and I'd rather use my current modded stick on it..

Me too!!

I have a KI fightstick on pre-order, but if the cronus is any good i'll cancel in a heartbeat.

What's the word guys?????

Skilletor

I have one and it seems to work pretty well. I've used arcade sticks for ps3/360 on the opposite console. Plug and play for 360 controllers to work on ps3, but ps3 to 360 requires a 360 controller to authenticate.

Don't have an XB1 to test out.

I've heard reports from various websites and people in the FGC that the cronusmax can cause dropped inputs on the opposite controller. So if you're 1p, it can cause dropped inputs on 2p. I have no idea if this is true, but the adaptor is being banned at several upcoming majors. I'd like for somebody to do actual tests with the thing to find out if the rumors are true or just fear mongering.

I have one and it seems to work pretty well. I've used arcade sticks for ps3/360 on the opposite console. Plug and play for 360 controllers to work on ps3, but ps3 to 360 requires a 360 controller to authenticate.

Don't have an XB1 to test out.

I've heard reports from various websites and people in the FGC that the cronusmax can cause dropped inputs on the opposite controller. So if you're 1p, it can cause dropped inputs on 2p. I have no idea if this is true, but the adaptor is being banned at several upcoming majors. I'd like for somebody to do actual tests with the thing to find out if the rumors are true or just fear mongering.

Before I see evidence I will think it is this.

There is a strange amount of hate against non-oficial stuff every once and a while

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
I pushed hard for this thing to be banned at Final Round last year not because of rumored input drops, but because of the fact that programmable macros are one of its primary features.

Did MarkMan ever get around to testing this thing?

UnrealEck

These devices are never as good as raw input. It probably takes the input from the mouse and keyboard and uses it to emulate the controller's input. The result is what would feel like mouse lag. You can even see from that video that it doesn't look as responsive and fluid or precise as raw mouse input.

Skilletor

I pushed hard for this thing to be banned at Final Round last year not because of rumored input drops, but because of the fact that programmable macros are one of its primary features.

Did MarkMan ever get around to testing this thing?

Not yet. Macros are definitely a reasonable fear.

I'm hoping for ps4 support soon and I'll just use it until sticks I like come out on next-gen consoles.

MrMephistoX

So I got one and my HORI SCV stick is incompatible I guess then? I tried my Dual Shock 3 and it worked fine so I don't think it's a setup issue.

Since it would cost just as much to buy a new TE or HRAPstick I might just bite the bullet and sell the Cronus and stick to get the KI fight stick.

You have to plug the Cronus into your laptop to program it each time you use it right? Not worth the hassle IMHO.

ShinAmano

You have to plug the Cronus into your laptop to program it each time you use it right? Not worth the hassle IMHO.
Nope...only once. I have been using it with a fighters and it is glorious for killer instinct.

I might actually be in the market for a second cronus if the price is right.

Anyone know if there any decent fight sticks for like 50$ or less?
I'm not big into fighters, but I love killer instinct so much that I'd buy one or two of them and this mod to play with my brothers.

MrMephistoX

I want to get this for my arcade stick, but I'm worried about input lag.

I'm hardly a frame counter but I didn't notice any input lag on my end and I'm usually pretty sensitive to that stuff. Only thing that's kind of a pain is that you have to synch an Xbox one controller with the adapter each time you use it... UNLESS someone knows of a way around it?

Top Bottom