• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One adds Xbox 360 backwards compatibility

Think I'm going into CEX to pick up Mass Effect 1 tomorrow. Does the uk disc version work ? I remember hearing things that PAL disc versions have issues with BC.

EvB

Ok, so my confidence level for the following titles has now been raised.
Mostly because they have come from a source alongside a couple of games I'm 100% sure about.

Batman: Arkham Asylum
Just Cause 2
Defense Grid
Castlevania: SOTN
Geometry Wars Evolved²
Castle Crashers
Army of TWO™: TDC
State of Decay
TC's RainbowSix Vegas2
Mirror's Edge™
Condemned
Risen

The bolded games are either already out or I've seen the store page for, the fact these have shown up alongside the others is quite telling I'd say. Also where (or who) they've come from makes me super convinced.

pizzacat

Banned
Mostly because they have come from a source alongside a couple of games I'm 100% sure about.

Just Cause 2
Defense Grid
Geometry Wars Evolved²
Castle Crashers
State of Decay
TC's RainbowSix Vegas2
Mirror's Edge™
Condemned
Risen

The bolded games are either already out or I've seen the store page for, the fact these have shown up alongside the others is quite telling I'd say. Also where (or who) they've come from makes me super convinced.
That's great. But we need a date ;-;

Just Cause 2
Defense Grid
Geometry Wars Evolved²
Castle Crashers
State of Decay
TC's RainbowSix Vegas2
Mirror's Edge™
Condemned
Risen

You think multiple disc games will take a while?

Just Cause 2
Defense Grid
Geometry Wars Evolved²
Castle Crashers
State of Decay
TC's RainbowSix Vegas2
Mirror's Edge™
Condemned
Risen

Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2 were already confirmed for Backwards Compatibility :p

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/06/15/e3-2015-rainbow-six-vegas-1-and-2-free-with-siege-on-xbox-one

oo7

Just Cause 2
Defense Grid
Geometry Wars Evolved²
Castle Crashers
State of Decay
TC's RainbowSix Vegas2
Mirror's Edge™
Condemned
Risen

Defense Grid is already working in the first wave I thought.

Gurrry

Im sure its been asked.. but what are the chances that Ncaa 14 is made backwards compatible? Alot of people say it wont because of the legal issues.. but I dont see how that would matter when you can still buy the game on xbox 360's marketplace. The legal issues dont stop them from selling or allowing the game to played.. they just cant make a new one.

Someone please agree! lol. I want this game so bad on my xb1. I hate having to bust out my 360 to play one game.

EvB

It was still a Microsoft Published game so it should make it's way over even with the XB1 version.

It could be an interesting precedent that they lay down if they don't have any major preference about the same game being available.

Some of the games on that list I haven't seen crop up very often, Dragon Ball has a very low repeat rate, but Gear of War , Batman Arkham Asylum and Castlecrashers show up everywhere I look.

Castle Crashers is another on which has a remaster coming very shortly, so is kind of unusual that it looks like it will appear.

Synth

Im sure its been asked.. but what are the chances that Ncaa 14 is made backwards compatible? Alot of people say it wont because of the legal issues.. but I dont see how that would matter when you can still buy the game on xbox 360's marketplace. The legal issues dont stop them from selling or allowing the game to played.. they just cant make a new one.

Someone please agree! lol. I want this game so bad on my xb1. I hate having to bust out my 360 to play one game.

If they're still able to sell it, then I can't see there being any BC concerns.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Can I ask why people are unsure of Microsoft 1st party and published games?

ALL Microsoft 1st party and published games will come across (outside Kinect, multi-disc and peripheral games).

I don't get why there's any doubt on this. So yes, that means the VAST majority of XBLA titles will come across given Microsoft published nearly every game on the service for the first 3-5 years.

Can I ask why people are unsure of Microsoft 1st party and published games?

ALL Microsoft 1st party and published games will come across (outside Kinect, multi-disc and peripheral games).

I don't get why there's any doubt on this. So yes, that means the VAST majority of XBLA titles will come across given Microsoft published nearly every game on the service for the first 3-5 years.

Looks like we might even get some of these too. Phil said in an interview they're trying to find a solution.

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
Looks like we might even get some of these too. Phil said in an interview they're trying to find a solution.

They are trying, but at this point, it's better not to get the hopes up just in case. I only have Blue Dragon and I'd say that and Lost Odyssey would be the targets.

They are trying, but at this point, it's better not to get the hopes up just in case. I only have Blue Dragon and I'd say that and Lost Odyssey would be the targets.

I'd be more than happy with just those two! Hopefully they figure something out and are also able to sell them digitally (which I'm assuming they would).

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
I'd be more than happy with just those two! Hopefully they figure something out and are also able to sell them digitally (which I'm assuming they would).

Well, they got Max Payne and Halo 4 on there, but they're not really multi disc in the same way Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey are.

Fox Mulder

Hopefully it never gets brought over. The last great burn out game was Burnout Revenge.

image.php

i loved Paradise and put 100 hours into the base single player alone before dlc.

EvB

ok, so a bit more research has suggested to me that the following games were already up and running before they announced BC, these were the ones I posted with increased confidence.

Just Cause 2
COD4 : Modern Warfare
Risen
Batman : Arkham Asylum
Castle Crashers
Castlevania Symphony of the Night
Condemned

That is alongside R6: Vegas 2 which has been announced and Mirrors edge that I've actually seen footage of running on Xbox One and Geo Wars/Shadow Complex/Banjo n&b which I can see on the Xbox Store

Also, I've been seeing lots of Konami games showing up, Frogger , SOTN and MGS HD collection are all primed.

nemisis0

Infinite undiscovery and Magna carta 2 with the last remnant will also be amazing as all of these including blue dragon need to be finished by me as I never had time to complete them.

I just want AC Rogue so I can finally play it without plugging in my 360. And oh ya, Liberation HD would be swell too.

But don't even bother bringing over Bioshock 2 until you get DLC working, because Minerva's Den is all that *really* matters :p

S0cc3rpunk

Unconfirmed Member
ok, so a bit more research has suggested to me that the following games were already up and running before they announced BC, these were the ones I posted with increased confidence.

Just Cause 2
Risen
Castle Crashers
Condemned

That is alongside R6: Vegas 2 which has been announced and Mirrors edge that I've actually seen footage of running on Xbox One and Geo Wars/Shadow Complex/Banjo n&b which I can see on the Xbox Store

Also, I've been seeing lots of Konami games showing up, Frogger , SOTN and MGS HD collection are all primed.

by any chance do you see gears 3 and halo reach :( i'll be sad if it doesn't come to the Xbox One this month :/

Just Cause 2
Risen
Castle Crashers
Condemned

you should start a new thread

RowdyReverb

Just Cause 2
Risen
Castle Crashers
Condemned

I'm glad that SOTN is a strong possibility. I've been meaning to play that game for a while, but I don't want to take my 360 from the closet just to download and play one game.

im_dany

COD4 BC on X1 would make me purchase one asap, I don't think I can stay away from that game for too long. It's the only great multiplayer game I couldn't play on X1 right now (the other mp games I need in my life are Halo 2, Titanfall and BF4 and they're all on next.gen)

Eanan

COD4 BC on X1 would make me purchase one asap, I don't think I can stay away from that game for too long. It's the only great multiplayer game I couldn't play on X1 right now (

Is it not riddled with hackers now and virtually unplayable?

Just get it on Steam for $5 and avoid the 540P version. Any word on Gears 3? Now I got it for free I want to play it.

You're in a thread for Xbox One backwards compatibility with Xbox 360, not everyone has a PC capable of playing games like that and even if they do, they still might not give a shit about PC gaming.

Nick

What do you guys think is the possibility Rocksteady allows Asylum and City to be backwards compatible? I'm looking for a reason to stow away my 360 forever.

Top Bottom