• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One adds Xbox 360 backwards compatibility

It was so good every surface in the game is like that.

Plastic Dark Zero

Haha high school me had his mind blown by the shiny x plastic graphics , next gen baby :p B^)

Only thing I remember from PDZ was the arrows in Campaign telling you where to go all the time, and the really cool jump jet suits in Mutliplayer.

Yeah I remember being so lost throughout the entire game and those arrows hand holding me , was funny x sad

Multiplayer was amazing , I hope Rare replay has online modes cause I wanna replay it so bad

sja_626

For some reason I was able to download full versions of Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie despite only ever having the trial versions on 360. If I view the games on the Xbox web store now it confirms that I've never purchased them. Weird.

mike4001_

Just FYI

Thank you for participating in the Xbox One Preview program and helping us test Backward Compatibility! We’ve received great feedback from participants thus far and are working hard on several improvements to the experience.

We’d like to let you know about an upcoming change that will require action on your part. If you have installed any of the titles listed below, please read on for info on how to keep playing:

• Viva Piñata
  • Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise
  • Perfect Dark
  • Perfect Dark Zero
  • Kameo: Elements of Power
  • Jetpac Refuelled
  • Banjo-Kazooie
  • Banjo-Tooie

If you have any of these titles, you’ll need to uninstall and reinstall the title to continue playing.

For assistance uninstalling titles, please refer to this page on Xbox Support. Once you’ve uninstalled the title, you can reinstall it from My games & apps > Games > Ready to Install.

NOTE: Reinstalling a title won’t impact its Xbox 360 saves.

Can anyone confirm that these titles are running better (in any way) now?

They obviously made some improvements to the emulation process.

Fredrik

I almost feel like buying some 360 games on the slight chance I ever get an Xbox One and they're BC compatible
That's what I did this summer when Game closed down in Sweden and had crazy low prices on everything, bought about 15 Xbox 360 games (which will probably never arrive on the BC list with my luck :/)

webkatt

For some reason I was able to download full versions of Banjo Kazooie and Banjo Tooie despite only ever having the trial versions on 360. If I view the games on the Xbox web store now it confirms that I've never purchased them. Weird.

I just downloaded the demos.

Didn't work for me

: (

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
I bought Mass Effect from the Xbox Site a few days ago, got in the preview program and now I'm officially in. Does it take a few days until you can try BC?

The Flash

Banned
I bought Mass Effect from the Xbox Site a few days ago, got in the preview program and now I'm officially in. Does it take a few days until you can try BC?

Go to "My Games and Apps" -> Games -> scroll to the right to "Ready to Install". Should show up there eventually. Might take a while.

Just FYI

Can anyone confirm that these titles are running better (in any way) now?

They obviously made some improvements to the emulation process.

Perfect Dark chugged when you looked down the elevator shafts in the first level and it still does after uninstalling and reinstalling.
Also you still can't upload screenshots from it and it's still 1080p downscaled to 720p.

shandy706

Son of a....argh

I would love to have Tales and Red Dead digitally instead of on disc.

The wife and I LITERALLY made an agreement to not spend ANYTHING on any unnecessary item as we're saving every dime towards moving/buying a new house.

Made the agreement with each other last night...ugh.

Any idea on how long RDR and ToV will be "on sale"????

mike4001_

Son of a....argh

The wife and I LITERALLY made an agreement to not spend ANYTHING on any unnecessary item as we're saving every dime towards moving/buying a new house.

stick to it.

You will enjoy your new house more than a game.

purg3

slept with Malkin
insane deal on ToV. I would imagine since it was one of the exclusive 360 rpg's that it will make the BC list. Going to get that and RDR.

Son of a....argh

If you own the discs then stick with them IMO, or if you really want to go digital sell the discs this week and use the cash on the digital versions.

The sale is until next tuesday when the store updates again.

shandy706

stick to it.

You will enjoy your new house more than a game.

Oh I know...and it's about 50034294120414234 x more important..haha. I just love vidjeogamez so much. :)

If you own the discs then stick with them IMO, or if you really want to go digital sell the discs this week and use the cash on the digital versions.

The sale is until next tuesday when the store updates again.

That's good...they're so cheap, I'll sell something cheap to justify buying it...lol. Maybe hit up ebay/bts thread.

I really want to buy Tales...but I'm going to feel really stupid if this never ends up as XB1 BC lol. I haven't owned a 360 in quite awhile. For $5 though, it's probably worth the gamble.

I really want to buy Tales...but I'm going to feel really stupid if this never ends up as XB1 BC lol. I haven't owned a 360 in quite awhile. For $5 though, it's probably worth the gamble.

im pretty confident it will, one of the most popular voted jrpgs on the 360 all one disc, Namco just has to play ball

Lettuce

Damn i have like £30 in Russian MS Points on my account but its seems with 360 games you cant buy from the Russian MS store??

Nephtes

I just got this message from Xbox via my phone

Xbox Preview Program said:
Xbox Preview Program: We’re making changes to a few Backward Compatibility titles that may require action from you. Please choose “Launch app” to launch the Xbox Preview Dashboard and view the Announcements for more information.

I'm at work and can't check my console. Anyone know what this is about?

EvB

how soon would you say is "very shortly"?

I thought you lost your method aswell? honestly I'm a bit confused as to what's going on lol

I've got other places I can go, it's just a matter of time before I get another more concrete confirmation. Right now I'm simply looking at patterns.

Chris1

I've got other places I can go, it's just a matter of time before I get another more concrete confirmation. Right now I'm simply looking at patterns.

Hmmm ok, hopefully you're right. Really want to do another playthrough of RDR.

EvB

I wonder if there's any chance of them sorting out compatibility with PAL discs.

I don't think there are that many games that had PAL issues.
Everything was 60hz by default, there were a few games that had true 50hz support which would cause problems with some setups (VGA cables mainly), but I'd imagine that they would just force all games to recognise a standard 60hz setup as this is now a requirement for the Xbox One anyway.

Unrelated really, but during my deep dive I've come across a couple of interesting bits being tested

Controller test SRA
GameDVR2

Top Bottom