• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One adds Xbox 360 backwards compatibility

Ade

The PAL disc issue isn't refresh rate related, its down to the PAL discs having a different titleID and as such not working.

Hopefully fixed soon..

ohlawd

has anyone here who bought the Banjo Games Bundle managed to download the two games on Xbox One?

the bundle itself is unavailable now. is that why it hasn't appeared on my ready to install list when it should have been a month ago? if I look at the marketplace for each game, I have to buy both again.

if you vote everything +1 , then does anything move up? :p

tumblr_inline_nmpxii7WCZ1t887t9_500.gif

EBE

what are some of the worst screen tearing games that are still good that you all would want to see get the BC treatment?

because many titles i dont care about considering they run well already and i dont have a burning need to play them on my One

what are some of the worst screen tearing games that are still good that you all would want to see get the BC treatment?

because many titles i dont care about considering they run well already and i dont have a burning need to play them on my One

Off the top of my head?

Far Cry 3
Alan Wake + American Nightmare (these might be getting remastered tho)
Blood Dragon
Dead Island
Bionic Commando 2009 (PS3 is Vsynced)

I definitely deleted it. Would it have been possible to reinstall the wrong version?

Old version has probably been completely replaced on the servers.

Also, does anyone know if the update to Trouble in Paradise has tweaked the Xbox Vision Camera achievements at all, or is that going to be a later update?

I don't think there are that many games that had PAL issues.
Everything was 60hz by default, there were a few games that had true 50hz support which would cause problems with some setups (VGA cables mainly), but I'd imagine that they would just force all games to recognise a standard 60hz setup as this is now a requirement for the Xbox One anyway.

Unrelated really, but during my deep dive I've come across a couple of interesting bits being tested

Controller test SRA
GameDVR2

Do you use some kind of Xbox Live Marcetplace sniffer? I remember a tool that made it possible to search through PartnetNet content...

GameDVR2 sounds like the 60fps recording that was enabled for a short amount of time for some preview member but then disappeared.

Zach

You beat me :(

Weird game choice.

When this was first announced, I voted for Red Dead immediately followed by NCAA Football 14. : )

Now, for a guy who hasn't been following along: how do I get in on this and when will Red Dead be available? :D

PooBone

Everyone should go vote for Condemned: Criminal Origins. It was the first game I got on launch day alongside Perfect Dark Zero (BLEH!) and it remains one of my 5 favorite games to ever come out for it. Everyone forgot about poor old Condemned when Monolith went on to the Lord of the Rings games.

Also upvote Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

Everyone should go vote for Condemned: Criminal Origins. It was the first game I got on launch day alongside Perfect Dark Zero (BLEH!) and it remains one of my 5 favorite games to ever come out for it. Everyone forgot about poor old Condemned when Monolith went on to the Lord of the Rings games.

Also upvote Castlevania: Lords of Shadow.

I'd definitely be up for some Rebar Bent action.

Does anyone know if this will be region free, given the Xbox One is technically region free? Or will current region contracts for Xbox 360 games prevail?

Just wondering as Xbox Japan announced the backwards compatibility, which suggests either Japanese publishers will make their games available for the team to sort out (seems unlikely) or Japanese Xbox 360 owners will be able to play the Japanese versions of any games that are licensed in the west for backwards compatibility. I'm just confused!

Addnan

How does xbox live work with the backwards compatibility. Is having just one account on the console good enough for other account to play 360 games online? Not sure if the 360 ever got that added

Does anyone know if this will be region free, given the Xbox One is technically region free? Or will current region contracts for Xbox 360 games prevail?

Just wondering as Xbox Japan announced the backwards compatibility, which suggests either Japanese publishers will make their games available for the team to sort out (seems unlikely) or Japanese Xbox 360 owners will be able to play the Japanese versions of any games that are licensed in the west for backwards compatibility. I'm just confused!

I'd like to know this as well. The thought of being able to play my CAVE games on my XBO makes me tingly.

Colbert

Banned
How does xbox live work with the backwards compatibility. Is having just one account on the console good enough for other account to play 360 games online? Not sure if the 360 ever got that added

The only thing you need is a Xbox Live gamertag which is also unrelated where you have created the account (Xbox 360 or Xbox One). Thought if you started with Xbox with the One you still need some 360 games. A good opportunity to get some 360 games for free are the Dishonored 2, Fallout 4 and Rainbow Six: Siege which all come with 360 BC titles as a bonus when bought for the Xbox One.

Games for Gold could be another route but I am not sure if you need a 360 for this. you can check yourself by going into the Xbox 360 store and try to purchase a Games For Gold game if you have a gold subscription, then of course the game needs also pop up in the BC catalog later.

muzzymate

Games for Gold could be another route but I am not sure if you need a 360 for this. you can check yourself by going into the Xbox 360 store and try to purchase a Games For Gold game if you have a gold subscription, then of course the game needs also pop up in the BC catalog later.

360 Games for Gold can be "purchased" thru Xbox.com currently and they show up as any other "Ready to Install" 360 games on the Xbox One, as long as they are on the BC list.

klaus

The only thing you need is a Xbox Live gamertag which is also unrelated where you have created the account (Xbox 360 or Xbox One). Thought if you started with Xbox with the One you still need some 360 games. A good opportunity to get some 360 games for free are the Dishonored 2, Fallout 4 and Rainbow Six: Siege which all come with 360 BC titles as a bonus when bought for the Xbox One.

Pretty sure the question was whether you can share XBL Gold with other accounts when playing 360 games on XB1 ;)

Snoop dog himself is in on this.
https://twitter.com/SnoopDogg/status/623683580066164736

click it, hes all about BC.

As someone begging for votes for NCAA '14, This is amazing.

if the servers for that game haven't already been shut down, they will be soon.

Probably not... EA is still supporting online servers for NCAA Football 2012. THey're much better about keeping their servers running for old games than Sony and 2K, which generally retire online services a month after the new iteration of the game comes out, which is ridiculous. MLB The Show '14 was unplayable online when it released, but it's still a joke that the servers were scheduled to be turned off in June of 2015. With NBA 2K14 it was even worse because the single player franchise mode was not playable without the online servers. After getting a ton of bad publicity (largely because single player game modes did not work w/o a connection to 2K servers), 2K extended the server time to "between 18 and 27 months" after release, but it's still a joke.

Colbert

Banned
Pretty sure the question was whether you can share XBL Gold with other accounts when playing 360 games on XB1 ;)

Every account on the same Xbox One can play the BC game afaik. You only need the disc if it's a disc based game or the installed image on the Xbox One from the account that had the digital purchase.

No. Home Gold isn't supported for BC yet, but it will be prior to the public release.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
I deleted the first banjo and it's not showing in my download history again.I did the same with the perfect dark and works fine but with banjo i can't download again because don't show in my history.

Chitown B

No, "home gold" is only an X1 thing. You still need a gold account logged in to play 360 games online.

...I know there's talk of troubles with two-disc games, but with Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire currently on sale digitally for smoking-good-deals, think it's safe to pick them up for backwards compatibility purposes?

...I know there's talk of troubles with two-disc games, but with Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire currently on sale digitally for smoking-good-deals, think it's safe to pick them up for backwards compatibility purposes?

no one knows. we have some guesses thanks to devs coming out and saying that their games will be BC (like Ed Boon saying that MK9 and Injustice will be for example) and someone who seems to have inside info put up a list of possible future games but nothing 100% certain. But AFAIK no one has any idea what's coming next or at all

no one knows. we have some guesses thanks to devs coming out and saying that their games will be BC (like Ed Boon saying that MK9 and Injustice will be for example) and someone who seems to have inside info put up a list of possible future games but nothing 100% certain. But AFAIK no one has any idea what's coming next or at all
Fair enough - was less curious about the games specifically and more generally if any statement has been made about "digital versions of two-disc games will work."

StillEdge

Needs South Park Stick of Truth
I agree 100% I wish Matt or Trey had some sort of online presence like Twitter or something. I feel like they would definitely be supporting there game being BC and force Ubisoft(I think it was them) if they are against it at all.

Top Bottom