• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One adds Xbox 360 backwards compatibility

Are the bc games gonna have there own area in the store front? Id like to not have to go to xbox.com to buy them if I dont have one I want already

TheKeyPit

Banned
If that list is the real deal I'll play the following games next:
Alan Wake, Bioshock Infinite, Burnout Paradise, Crysis 3, Dark Souls, Dead Space, Forza Horizon, Gears of War Judgement, Halo 3, Halo Reach.

I could have played them on my Xbox 360, but I've kept waiting to play them on my Xbox One with Screenshot and DVR functionality.

November 12th for all Xbox One owners.

There's a lot of titles coming and a digital store with bundles, too. So expect to be able to get all the previous Assasssin's Creed games for example.

Yeah, I got a three month Gold membership waiting to be used. Bring it on.

gossi

Mirror's Edge is on the NXE store now, H/T to moco.

4cWCk35.jpg

So if I bought an Xbox One on Black Friday that would mean I could play Dark Souls and Halo:Reach on it? With online capability for Dark Souls?

mike4001_

So if I bought an Xbox One on Black Friday that would mean I could play Dark Souls and Halo:Reach on it? With online capability for Dark Souls?

Assuming they will be on the "real" list => then yes.

And yes, Xbox 360 will be fully online capable.

So how does DLC for BC games work again?

With one of the last NXOE updates => Exactly like DLC for an Xbox One game. (Manage games, install/uninstall DLC as you like)

Kenai

Not kidding, this has me more interested in an XB1 than a PS4 at this point. I want some more titles added though. All the fable games will be coming I hope.

Muffdraul

I think I'm going to cry.

Me too. I bought the 360 version years ago but never got around to playing it. I sure as hell will now. Er, soon.
I got ME for PS3 when it came out and played through it two or three times. So good.

I just played Reach last week, couldn't stop myself. Dammit.

Kenai

MS published so they will all be BC for sure, it's just a matter of when.

Ok good, I figured that was the case but with the more recent games not being my thing I've kinda been out of the loop on the franchise.

The Kinect One will never be coming.

That's ok, I'll deal.

If fable 2 was up, good lord I dont know If Id be playing anything else

No kidding. Breaks my heart that it's probably never going to be on Steam. One of my favorite games of all time.

This is a pretty acceptable alternative though!

Chris1

Btw that list is not true. Dirt 3 and Dungeon Siege 3 aren't on that list and with all GWG's being BC now we know they will be available. I think I posted that list a couple of months ago from a different website and it was just rumours/speculation.

Forsythia

Doom had a re-release on XBLA to change the publisher from Activision to Bethesda.

Users that bought the early version can't play it on BC because Activision is not a "partner", meanwhile users who bought the Bethesda one can because Bethesda allows it.

Has this been confirmed or are you talking out of your ass? So this means I cannot get DOOM XBLA on Xbox One? What a load of shit. They should at least give me the option to buy it again, I'd have no problem with that.

shaowebb

DOES IT LET ME PLAY REGION LOCKED GAMES FROM THE 360 ON XBOXONE?

If it truly is backwards compatible to the 360 and it removes the region lock from that gen's library so that I can import and play then I will buy one today this very instant.

Tirod

So... How many months/years should I expect to wait to get Muh Sonic games?

Well when I was at the conference in June, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle was one of the title floating on the screen as a BC title.

Maybe it got pushed back (at best) or plans changed (at worst)?

GeNoMe

I actually went out and got myself a Xbox One today mainly due to it being backwards compatible. Here's hoping the list only gets expanded with even more titles! Please don't let me down MS :')

Zeta Oni

Lost odyssey is life.

It's ok guys, while working on getting the title up and running for the xbox one BC, the fine people at Microsoft realize what an amazing game they help make, and send the people at mistwalker an idea....

Lost Odyssey 2: Electric Bugaloo is born.
Announced at E3 2016.

PS4 exclusive :,)

Chris1

Activision isn't allowing BC.

We don't know that yet, Phil was in talks with them and talks were "positive" after Gamescom and MS has been testing the games for some time (pre Gamescom) according to EvB.

Them not being on the list of supported publishers doesn't look good of course, but there's still some hope left.

EvB

Deux Ex makes the list good, no PGR3/4 and Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2 makes the list a dud.

We need to get Phil in here so he can explain these omissions!

I know the list isn't confirmed, I still want a refund!

I've got the store page for Geo Wars 2

Soupy

Banned
All I want is Red Dead Redemption and I will be a happy camper. It is literally the only last gen game I care about playing.

Top Bottom