• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One adds Xbox 360 backwards compatibility

gossi

oh man, I didn't think about how you can take screenshots of these games. I can finally get some decent Nier screens.

Screenshots, recording game clips and long Game DVR all work. You can also edit in Upload Studio, and upload to YouTube. I believe Twitch also works.

Saved games even sync with the cloud so can swap back to playing on 360 at any time.

chekhonte

Screenshots, recording game clips and long Game DVR all work. You can also edit in Upload Studio, and upload to YouTube. I believe Twitch also works.

Saved games even sync with the cloud so can swap back to playing on 360 at any time.

Really nice. I hope they continue to add BC titles. I tend to go back to older games during the release draughts and my 360 RRoDed last year.

Has Reach been confirmed as Day one?

c8uzxWF.jpg

gossi

Maybe there's going to be a big "backward compatibility sale" tomorrow with the whole list, or maybe next week.

Oooooor they don't want our money and they won't say anything until 12th :/

Phil has said previously on Twitter that everything was refocused on launch day.

Treat this with a healthy dose of scepticism, but I overheard a Microsoft rep in our local gaming emporium this lunctime - he was giving them a presentation on NXE in the shop itself.

The rep got onto BC, and mentioned a few things I've not heard before:

Apparently the full confirmed BC list is supposed to be on the Microsoft website as of today with '30-40' games at launch (Think he was confused here, and just meant the ones already announced).

Some of the games announced earlier in the year aren't actually coming and were just 'placeholder graphics' (which I thought sounded kinda bs).

I asked the rep about Red Dead and he said 'before the end of the year'. and Reach 'dunno, probably next year'.

I do think Microsoft are playing catchup with BC at this point, even some of the shop staff hadn't heard of it, and one even said 'oh, isn't that only for the 1Tb consoles'. But they were dead excited at the prospect of possibly shifting some of the 360 second hand games.

Anyway, take it with a large dose of salt, I guess. But interesting nonetheless.

Treat this with a healthy dose of scepticism, but I overheard a Microsoft rep in our local gaming emporium this lunctime - he was giving them a presentation on NXE in the shop itself.

The rep got onto BC, and mentioned a few things I've not heard before:

Apparently the full confirmed BC list is supposed to be on the Microsoft website as of today with '30-40' games at launch.

Some of the games announced earlier in the year aren't actually coming and were just 'placeholder graphics' (which I thought sounded kinda bs).

I asked the rep about Red Dead and he said 'before the end of the year'. and Reach 'dunno, probably next year'.

I do think Microsoft are playing catchup with BC at this point, even some of the shop staff hadn't heard of it, and one even said 'oh, isn't that only for the 1Tb consoles'. But they were dead excited at the prospect of possibly shifting some of the 360 second hand games.

Anyway, take it with a large dose of salt, I guess. But interesting nonetheless.

They promised 100+ at launch so I find this a little hard to believe.

Ade

Treat this with a healthy dose of scepticism, but I overheard a Microsoft rep in our local gaming emporium this lunctime....

If hes anything like some of the "reps" they use in the UK, he's just as clueless as most shop staff, the UK ones aren't even MS employees as far as I know, just random PR/Relationship people.

XB1 launch: Local GAME had 2 of them loitering around, clueless about the console and the launch games "You should pick up Halo"

Tesco Superstore earlier this year: "Yeah Minecraft will be out soon, but we've got it today, here early as a special offer"...

I'd take everything he said with a pinch of salt.

gossi

If hes anything like some of the "reps" they use in the UK, he's just as clueless as most shop staff, the UK ones aren't even MS employees as far as I know, just random PR/Relationship people.

XB1 launch: Local GAME had 2 of them loitering around, clueless about the console and the launch games "You should pick up Halo"

Tesco Superstore earlier this year: "Yeah Minecraft will be out soon, but we've got it today, here early as a special offer"...

I'd take everything he said with a pinch of salt.

Yeah, I went to the XB1 'preview event' in my city GAME, where they let us play on Xbox One Devkits before the console came out (so a high profile event, even the Dash was the in development version). I was talking to the MS reps on site and they were absolutely clueless.

Boomshaw

Banned
I personally think they are still working on adding as many games as possible before the launch day. Remember they said implementing each game was as easy as pushing a button. All they needed was publisher approval.

I still believe they are in discussion with "certain" publishers about what games to give the go ahead. And probably working out something with launching certain BC games in tandem with new gen releases a la fallout 4/3 etc.

So everyone please be patient.

mike4001_

I still believe they are in discussion with "certain" publishers about what games to give the go ahead. And probably working out something with launching certain BC games in tandem with new gen releases a la fallout 4/3 etc.

So everyone please be patient.

They had almost 4 months to do that.

But OK, some publishers will wait how player like the feature once it launched, before agreeing to it.

I also think that they have more games than they release atm, so they can give players a steady stream of XX new games per months.

So nov 12 I can pop in my Gears 3 disc and play it? Is multiplayer gonna work and if so, what about DLC? I had a season pass for this game, will I be able to download all the content I had on 360?
Thanks.

So nov 12 I can pop in my Gears 3 disc and play it? Is multiplayer gonna work and if so, what about DLC? I had a season pass for this game, will I be able to download all the content I had on 360?
Thanks.

Not sure about the date for gears as it could be a second wave fo games, we don't know yet.

Online will work like it was on a 360, so everything thr 360 does online for games it will do the same on xbox one including party chat.

DLC so far has appeared for games like mass effect if you already owned it, and included in borderlands 1 for some reason for everybody. Gears 1 has all the dlc because it was all free maps back in the day and included in a title update.

I would presume at launch all the BC titles will appear in the store somehow and most likely listing their DLC also.

gossi

Thanks.

Gears is down as by 'end of December'.

gossi

Really hoping AC: Rogue makes it over, especially since Ubi never brought it to current gen.

i think it won't. There's a really good PC version which would be very easy to port to XB1 (already DirectX and x86) and has high res textures. Plus, extra money.

Top Bottom