• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One adds Xbox 360 backwards compatibility

yeah wtf

Maybe it's proving to be more difficult to get working than we anticipated? Reach certainly pushed the 360 to it's limits.

They can only test a certain amount of games at a time, probably just on the list, they're balancing what they want to do for their own titles with that of third parties that are on board.

Toa TAK

Banned
yeah wtf

Maybe it's proving to be more difficult to get working than we anticipated? Reach certainly pushed the 360 to it's limits.
Yeah, so did Halo 4, though. But Halo 4 got to be part of a ported collection, so who knows?
They can only test a certain amount of games at a time, probably just on the list, they're balancing what they want to do for their own titles with that of third parties that are on board.
Oh okay, then. I was surpised to see BOII and BioShock not on the list either, I'm thinking they're "next" to test?
Maybe they plan to offer Reach in the MCC.

We can only hope. Even though ODST was compensation, I loved being able to go through it all over again with a clean slate and mop up achivements and such. I really hope they do consider Reach, and have TMCC just be a Halo hub for all the old games.

Oh okay, then. I was surpised to see BOII and BioShock not on the list either, I'm thinking they're "next" to test?

Dunno, depends what third parties deals they have going etc, it'll be on the list somewhere if 2k say yes. Borderlands is coming so you'd think Bioshock would be coming too

Bizzquik

I fully expect them to do this list, or most of it, plus a dashboard for preview members at Gamescom.
"We showed you our lineup for 2016, and we showed you our 2015 lineup back at E3, but we have exciting news for what you can do today on your Xbox One. All these epic blockbusters from last gen have been added to the list, and here, try the new dashboard too, we will need a full 2 months of testing given that it's a whole OS."

I would like more 360 games added to the preview, too. But....
"Preview as really us working on emulation, not the portfolio, with the way BC works it's more about getting emulation right." (Phil Spencer, July 10th 2015 tweet)

PrinceKee

Has there been anything new added since E3 or a please to see a current list of compatible games? Really itching to play Red Dead Redemption...

Castlevania Symphony of the Night
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Toy Story 3
Portal 2
HItman Absolution
Street Fighter IV
Red Dead Redemption
Soul Calibur IV
Alan Wake
Harms Way
Resident Evil
Dead Island
Dead island Riptide
Gears of War 3
Crackdown
Crackdown 2
Rainbow 6 Vegas 2
Sonic Adventure
Dragonball Z Xenoverse
Just Cause 2
Condemned
Tron Evolution
Braid
Mirrors Edge
Batman Arkham Asylum
Batman Arkham City
Metal Gear HD Collection
Soul Calibur
Asura's Wrath
Fallout 3
Borderlands
Risen
Castle Crashers
Bayonetta

I can finally finish this game! No Mass Effect 3 yet :(

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I'm starting to think all games (excluding kinect / accessory games) will eventually work... I think MS is just prioritizing dev approvals because those will be posted on the store (like all XB1 games)...

So they're making sure games that can make money are posted first.... and all the delisted/unapproved games will be at the tail end of the process since they are no longer able to generate revenue.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
W2A never worked with cloud saves. not sure how they're going to get around that.

Not all games support cloud saves... if they don't, they'll work locally like 360 as far as i know.... You just don't get the saves from your previous playthrough.

Chitown B

Maybe they plan to offer Reach in the MCC.

I get PTSD thinking about Reach. It was the start of the downfall of Halo MP. Hated it so much online. Makes me mad. EXP leveling so people just farmed Firefight to get higher ranks. No skill involved. Shitty, SHITTY MP maps. No BR. Ugh.

Ctrl+F: Vanquish

0 results

dahellterry-gif.5350

Toa TAK

Banned
I get PTSD thinking about Reach. It was the start of the downfall of Halo MP. Hated it so much online. Makes me mad. EXP leveling so people just farmed Firefight to get higher ranks. No skill involved. Shitty, SHITTY MP maps. No BR. Ugh.

That was my favorite part about it. I don't know why the BR must be the "be-all-end-all" in Halo. It was cool of 343 to add the DMR and Lightrifle for some diversity in that regard.

But yeah, generally the downfall of Halo's MP, I can agree. Though I still really enjoyed Reach.

Isn't Vanquish pretty niche outside of GAF/hardcores?

Probably, I don't know. I don't think any of my friends has played it. I doubt any of them even know who Platinum Games are.

I was mostly responding so I'd have a reason to link the voting page. :D

Chris1

Oh man if that list is true... it all makes sense except for COD4 too, CoD4 is odd though that games multiplayer is full of hackers and BO2 is the top requested, you'd think they'd put that on before COD4.

Edit: Dragonball Z Xenoverse is on that list and is on xbox one too. I didn't think they would enable BC for titles that have received a next gen release

im_dany

has this been posted?
http://store.xbox.com/ja-JP/Xbox-On...ts-Bolts/aca98116-a4bc-425c-b715-7f713207638c

Nuts and Bolts showed up on the Japanese XB1 Store.

It redirected me to the italian page, so it probably exists in most marketplaces:
c7dbf195c3eee0bfa49d5bd44d632dbb.png

It says "bundle only", which is probably related to Rare Replay.
I think the collection is going to be separate games licenses for last gen games (like Banjo games or Viva Pinata) and then all the older games in one hub.

Anyway, those are the games from that list I would love to see on X1:
Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare
Portal 2
Red Dead Redemption
Alan Wake
Resident Evil
Dead Island
Gears of War 3
Crackdown
Crackdown 2
Condemned
Mirrors Edge
Metal Gear HD Collection
Borderlands
Castle Crashers

Hopefully they get more serious with BC and publishers are smart enough to see how that would bring more money (with close to no work) to them. Don't own an X1 yet but being able to bring my 360 backlog and favourite games to next-gen would be nice.

EvB

I think Nuts and Bolts was on one of the original lists of compatible games, but it didn't work in some regions?

You can search for it on Xbox One and it takes you to a store page now, but the bundle option doesn't link anywhere.

EvB

Had to take these photos to PROVE that the Xbox One pinart that was being hosted by Microsoft for those games was actually not a photoshop. oh internet.

IMG_6197.jpg

IMG_6198.jpg

IMG_6199.jpg

IMG_6200.jpg

Top Bottom