• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One April Update Preview Now LIVE - Friend Online Notifications are back(soon)!

SegaShack

I'm just surprised Microsoft is doing these so soon, whereas they used to do maybe a maximum of four major ones per year. Sony is the one known to always be pushing out updates.

The way I see it is that they are and always have been an OS company so it makes sense. I'm glad to see changes so quickly. The manual update option should have been there from the start, but I am just thankful they care enough to add these things in.

Klocker

weird

got the last few updates quickly but this one did not come after being in standby all night

will check later this evening

sangreal

Thanks, I was getting pumped to check it out. This stuff looks really cool. The TV controls on smartglass is a good move. I'll go back to Titanfall and wait for the general public release. :)

you can download smartglass beta w/o being in preview program. Iti is out for android/windows/windows phone on their respective stores. no ios

My Xbox just popped up a screen saying that it required an update but that there was a problem and it couldn't install. Every time I tried to install it just said it couldn't. Restarted but there doesn't seem to be any sign of any update. I'm not in the preview or anything and wasn't aware of any updates rolling out.

Lima

Does this preview segregate you like the March one. Also, will my code from the March invite work? I never used it.

No it doesn't. You can still chat and play with your friends who don't have the update.

Yes the code will still work. Just redeem it to download the app and register your console.

zorbsie

José Mourinho;106816982 said:
My Xbox just popped up a screen saying that it required an update but that there was a problem and it couldn't install. Every time I tried to install it just said it couldn't. Restarted but there doesn't seem to be any sign of any update. I'm not in the preview or anything and wasn't aware of any updates rolling out.

Same thing happened to me. That's why I thought maybe the update was pushed out to everyone.

I'm just surprised Microsoft is doing these so soon, whereas they used to do maybe a maximum of four major ones per year. Sony is the one known to always be pushing out updates.

MS only used to do two a year: Spring and Fall but increasingly I think the Spring one was just backend stuff for the Fall update which was announced at E3.

Considering MS are a software company (and within the software I mean Operating System specifically) it shouldn't be that much of a surprise I guess that MS are doing them regularly but its good that they are.

Now if I can get this new update to install everything would be great :(

Spasm

After about two hours of Titanfall on the new build with my Polk 4 Shots and the chat adapter, I can say with confidence that the sound crackling, and controller disconnect issues are fixed.

tuna_love

Banned
After about two hours of Titanfall on the new build with my Polk 4 Shots and the chat adapter, I can say with confidence that the sound crackling, and controller disconnect issues are fixed.
I never had any crackling with my xo7 but now in the dash i get it after the update.

Bsigg12

Does this preview segregate you like the March one. Also, will my code from the March invite work? I never used it.

No, that segregation was a one time thing due to changing the way parties worked. From here on out unless they make more party changes, you will never be blocked from chatting or partying up with others.

Got the new update which I checked in preferences.

Hopefully the disc drive issues are fixed. I hope they add an option to check what firmware your controller has, or at least if its up-to-date and then you download or not download accordingly. Its a bit weird that you can tell it to just keep updating...

Just checked My Games and Apps and the preview registration app is trying to update and failing. It gets to 99% then says "installation stopped !" anyone else got that?

Xbox, turn off.

Yes.

YES.

Daniel-Bryan-Yes-Cheer.gif

Still not working.

PhatSaqs

Banned
Where do I report bugs or new features? Having issues with "Xbox Watch" command.
Also would love a "Live TV" function for returning after a rewind or fast forward.

Rockyrock

anyone else get a message from xbox live apologizing for the sign-in issue that happened around Titanfall's launch?

7 days of free gold. Not bad....

Spasm

Dang, I have never had problems with voice commands till this build. Now I can hardly get "Xbox record that" to work. Other commands seem fine though.

Finest

Neo Member
Xbox one is way to glitchy compare to my 360 and ps4 I just pick up the titan fall bundle and notice that do much stuff is missing that my 360 has idk how people at launch dealt with this cause it's annoying

Ape

Banned
Xbox one is way to glitchy compare to my 360 and ps4 I just pick up the titan fall bundle and notice that do much stuff is missing that my 360 has idk how people at launch dealt with this cause it's annoying

Do you have the dashboard beta?

Bsigg12

Huh? Are you in the preview? Also what is missing from the 360? Apps?

Got the Oneguide stuff working with Bell Fibe. I was super psyched to be able to change the channel with my voice but you have to say the whole channel name for it to work, kinda annoying. If I want to watch TSN I have to say The Sports Network. If I want to watch Sportsnet I have to say Rogers Sportsnet Ontario. The short forms would be so much easier.

Also Sportsnet 360 is showing in the guide as The Score HD with the old logo and everything lol

Do 1 more full cycle. I got the update and full cycled it and now it works fine.

Oh yeah it works now... it's kinda different from how it was when it worked before, but it works. It takes a lot longer to turn my DirecTV, AV Receiver and TV off but whatevz, at least it works again.

Bsigg12

Got the Oneguide stuff working with Bell Fibe. I was super psyched to be able to change the channel with my voice but you have to say the whole channel name for it to work, kinda annoying. If I want to watch TSN I have to say The Sports Network. If I want to watch Sportsnet I have to say Rogers Sportsnet Ontario. The short forms would be so much easier.

Also Sportsnet 360 is showing in the guide as The Score HD with the old logo and everything lol

I'm really hoping somewhere down the line they develop a way to use shorter terms. Right now they are just pulling the web based guide and applying Kinect voice recognition to the names given by the provider. For me to watch the Avalanche play I have to say either "Altitude Sports and Entertainment (Colorado) HDTV 24/7" or set the channel to my favorites, which ive done, and say "NHL Hockey" when they're on.

Caayn

Just got the update in "energy saving" mode. (366MB +/-) Glad that I didn't have to switch to "instant-on" just to get the update early.
Great to see friend notifications. I hope the PS4 gets them back soon. Only problem I have with the xbones notifications is that they linger too long for example at the start of the notification you see the friends icon but you have to wait for it to show you which friends name is actually online.
Agree, the initial pop-up lasts about 0.5~0.75 seconds too long. Other than that I'm glad that they've returned and have the options "all friends", "favorites only" and "No one".

Only works for Xbox One users though, 360 and GFWL users don't trigger the notifications. Just like Xbox One users don't trigger a notification on the 360.

Xone9

Banned
got the update

can confirm my $79 xb1 headset works flawlessly now after the controller update..

no more pops or hisses

hooray!

Where do I report bugs or new features? Having issues with "Xbox Watch" command.
Also would love a "Live TV" function for returning after a rewind or fast forward.

I linked the Xbox forums in the OP where you can sign in and post feedback/issues. The team regularly reads/posts there.

Alternatively, if you have the feedback app on the console you can take a screenshot and write the issue that way, but it seems you don't have that or I imagine you wouldn't be asking :p.

edit: Man is it nice to finally see friend online notifications again, lol.

Came home yesterday afternoon there was a message on the screen that said something to the effect of...do you want to apply update, kids tried a few times without me and it kept saying there is a problem with the option to try again. They and I did this like 6 or 7 times. Update would NOT apply. Did a soft reboot of the Xbox and the message went away, the box never updated, there are no prompts to update the box etc. as it's still on 1403...

I've tried hard reboots, soft reboots...NOTHING!

Now what?

fwpx

Did anyone notice Xbox Fitness got updated too? You can now say "fitness" and access all of the menus with your voice. Kinda cool!

Kajiba

Got that update and put notifications on for my favorite friends list. My friend came online and his name pop up.

Feels good man. Blu ray player works again normally too.

Mookow

I'm pretty sure the update applied itself for me because my version matches but I never sat through I progress bar.

Top Bottom