• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One April Update Preview Now LIVE - Friend Online Notifications are back(soon)!

clav

Still no update here.

My console is set to instant-on.

I've tried cold booting and playing with combinations of shutting down and turning on the console with energy-saving or instant-on selected.

zedge

Twitch still no longer works for me. Uninstalled and reinstalled still just freezes and quits when trying to watch anything. No one else having this issue?

m23

So where can I get the One Guide for smartglass? I'm not in the preview program btw. Also, I'm an ios user.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Can't get the one guide information to showup on smartglass. Glad they added supported for one guide in Canada though.

edit: I also have the friend notifications

Rvaisse

The xbox preview registration app has been updated if tou were stuck with a failed installation.

Good news is we can invite our friends to the preview program within the app.

Danny 117

I'm really intrigued to test out the friends list popups and other features if anyone wants to throw me an invite.

My gamertag is xDanny 117, thanks if you do!

The xbox preview registration app has been updated if tou were stuck with a failed installation.

Good news is we can invite our friends to the preview program within the app.

I left my console on "Energy saving" mode by accident and I just tried to turn it on and it wouldnt update. Hopefully it'll sort itself out whilst its in standby, thanks for the info though

Tazo

The Preview App for Xbox One has been updated. If you'd like me to add your gamertag, please follow t4z0 and I'll add you when I get home.

DGaa01a.jpg

Edit: Keep in mind it's not a guaranteed entry. You still have to be approved after being invited. Once/if you're approved you'll get a message from Xbox Live on your console saying you're in the beta with a code to download the app. I have no idea how long this will take with the new invite system, but the last one took about 24-48 hours.

Deepo

The Preview App for Xbox One has been updated. If you'd like me to add your gamertag, please follow t4z0 and I'll add you when I get home.

DGaa01a.jpg

Edit: Keep in mind it's not a guaranteed entry. You still have to be approved after being invited. Once/if you're approved you'll get a message from Xbox Live on your console saying you're in the beta with a code to download the app. I have no idea how long this will take with the new invite system, but the last one took about 24-48 hours.

I just followed you, gamertag Deepo. Thanks!

DGaa01a.jpg

I just added you, my gamertag is Banderdash .
Thanks.

DGaa01a.jpg

Followed you as well my gamertag is CrAzYLeGzRDS

Uraizen

Banned

http://i.imgur.com/DGaa01a.jpg[IMG]

Edit: Keep in mind it's not a guaranteed entry. You still have to be approved after being invited. Once/if you're approved you'll get a message from Xbox Live on your console saying you're in the beta with a code to download the app. I have no idea how long this will take with the new invite system, but the last one took about 24-48 hours.[/QUOTE]

Nice, sent as uraizen and thanks for doing this!

Hyb

Banned
:)

A new 1404 system update starting to deploy tonight!

We have started to deploy the latest 1404 update (xb_rel_1404.140405-2200). This update will be rolled out in waves. The first group will be able to install the update starting at 8:00PM PDT on 4/7. Consoles in this first group that have not received the update in standby mode by 1:00AM PDT on 4/9 will be prompted to install the update when they connect to Xbox Live. We’re at a stage in previewing this update where new updates will primarily contain fixes and improvements. The following changes are contained within this build:

Fixes

• Ongoing fixes and adjustments to the user interface.
  • A new fix for the Blu-ray software issue that can result in the “Do you own this game or app? (0x87de07d1)” error.
  • A fix to address issues where the Blu-ray drive will not ingest a disc after the console has been idle for a period of time.
  • Update to address an issue where some non-Blu-ray disc media types are pulled back into the drive after being ejected, requiring a second eject command.
  • A fix for an issue where some games may become unresponsive when attempting to resume after the console has come out of standby.

Known Issues

In this version of the 1404 update, the startup process of a console doing a cold boot up (systems that are configured for power saving mode, versus instant on) will encounter a delay of approximately 30 seconds, during which a solid black screen is displayed. This issue is not present for consoles powering up from a standby state. A fix for this issue is currently being tested.
During silent update installation some devices controlled by the Xbox One via IR (TVs, receivers) may power on in the middle of the update process and not power back down. The developers are investigating this issue.
Some preview participants have encountered issues where GameDVR clips are periodically being recorded without audio. A fix for this issue is currently being tested.

Here is what the button looks like that will let you check to see if there is a new Xbox One system update available

I'll let you know when the next Xbox One System Update is available...no firm date yet.

WIKjdQO.jpg

EvB

Can anyone invite me to the preview? I'd like to test the One Guide with my current setup

Gamertag : CripterionT

I've invited you

Just noticed that when you go to games and apps now, it has a little cornerflash to indicate there has been an update since you last used the app.
There is also a little icon to indicate there is new DLC also.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
Can someone throw me an invite pretty please! I am dying to try out the new features.

My GT is: Label

Alx

I've invited you

Just noticed that when you go to games and apps now, it has a little cornerflash to indicate there has been an update since you last used the app.
There is also a little icon to indicate there is new DLC also.

Does it also appear on pinned apps/games ? I barely pin anything since I access all applications through voice commands, but it would be a good reason to start doing it, making sure you're up to date as soon as possible. :)
Although a single notification "X updates are available", and the ability to queue all those updates at once like in most marketplaces would be easier.

G Rom

[ IMG]http://i.imgur.com/DGaa01a.jpg[/IMG]

I just followed you, my GT is Mc Kane. Thanks.

Riptwo

Is anyone having Kinect disconnection issues after the last update? Mine keeps turning on and off, though a full power cycle seems to temporarily fix it. Not sure if it's a bug or if my hardware is faulty.

iMax

Is anyone having Kinect disconnection issues after the last update? Mine keeps turning on and off, though a full power cycle seems to temporarily fix it. Not sure if it's a bug or if my hardware is faulty.

I've had the exact same thing occasionally – but it seems to have stabled out now.

m23

I'd like a referral as well if someone doesn't mind, want to try out OneGuide since it's only available to people in the preview program in Canada.

GT: Munish Thiara

Top Bottom