• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

Daytona?

giphy.gif

Stacking..is that the double fine puzzle game with those dolls? Is that confirmed as backwards compatible? I think I might have that game and never played it...

deadfolk

Anyone else unable to log into live atm? Getting 0x87DD0004 on both the windows 10 app and on the XBone.

MS Service status says it's ok.

Synth

I'm logged in, but I'm getting the slowest download speeds ever.

Still haven't managed to finish downloading Daytona yet...

Gestault

I heard Daytona was a bad game because you only move left and right.

I play arcade and simcad racing games since 1987, I played them all, from Radracer and Galeracer, to ScudRace and RaveRacer, passing by MSR and PGR2, I played them all...

Daytona is a left-right racer as I used to call them. No need to brake, just turn the wheel in the good direction and release the gas pedal a bit.

For the record, this sounds like the opinion of someone who never played on anything but the oval, if at all. It's my first time hearing something like this.

Izuna

Banned
I know your joking, but I suspect Ninja Gaiden II might be a ways off. I don't think we have gotten any of the team ninja titles from last gen. Not even DOA4, which has a playable Spartan in it.

At this point, I'd take Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z (take it, not enjoy it) to show they are supporting at least somewhat, like Capcom recently with Dead Rising case zero and west.

I'm sorry but if we get Yaiba, I'm gunna get Precious to put a curse on you.

It would have been funny and maybe hopeful at first, but yiu just jinxed us...

~~

Watching Synth play Daytona rn. He just did 33% of the content already.

By this rate, he will have nothing left by the end of the day.

(I just wished we got NG2, I like Daytona)

I heard Daytona was a bad game because you only move left and right.

For the record, this sounds like the opinion of someone who never played on anything but the oval, if at all. It's my first time hearing something like this.
Lol! That guy, I think he sold his soul to Sony and Driveclub before Daytona even released back in '93. But hey he's played THEM ALL so I guess that makes him an expert.

Synth

Watching Synth play Daytona rn. He just did 33% of the content already.

By this rate, he will have nothing left by the end of the day.

(I just wished we got NG2, I like Daytona)

You say this like the content hasn't lasted me decades already.

Prologue

Sooooo are we not going to get batman origins?

We have a two game remaster and a separate title. Been wanting to play and enjoy the entire experience, but I'm missing at title.

Estocolmo

If I remember correctly, wasn't Daytona USA one of those games that many people really looked forward on becoming BC but was far away because of licensing issues and so on?

I am of course really glad that it is BC now!

Fox Mulder

Jsut for the sake of it, which of these TERRIBLE games will make BC first?

MindJack
Ride to Hell: Retribution
Bomberman Act Zero
Raven Squad
Legendary
Deadly Premonition
Damnnation
Pimp My Ride
Superman Returns
Darkest of Days
Pure Futbol

I'm betting on Deadly Premonition since it has quite a cult status.

Deadly premonition isn't terrible, it's just really rough. It has more charm and heart in it than tons of other games I played last generation.

Xbudz

Oh my God. Daytona USA???!!!

Thank you sooooo much! It's almost as if they've been reading this thread. ;P

Anyone know if Xbox One wheels work with it?

Deadly premonition is one of the best games from last gen.

Sega rally revo bc yet? That game is legit with manual. Can seriously slide and power out of turns with gear changing. The arcade version isn't the same.

lohankain

I played Daytona online today and i'm so happy to find other players.

Now i can play everyday and try to improve my time on leaderboards :)

Top Bottom