• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

Zeta Oni

So I just wanna say that having access to these games while also being able to use features like the GameDVR and Snapshots take this whole initiative to another level personally.

Think about all those moments when you didn't have a capture card last gen and pulled off some amazing shit or saw something particularly interesting and had no way to keep it outside of memory?

For example, was playing Alan Wake: American Nightmare just now and happened to pull off some real quality gameplay, and I never would have been able to capture it before and would have been stuck trying to explain it in words. Look at this shit:

FlamboyantSizzlingAsianlion.gif

Also playing through Condemned: Criminal Origins for the first time, it is crazy intense. Got into a scuffle with two addicts and had this occur:

BackKindheartedAsiaticmouflon.gif

Was hilarious.

And its so much more than just quick video clips, can finally take the screenshots of the beautiful scenery or scenes in games I always wanted to:

Beyond Good & Evil HD

Screenshot-Original.png

Screenshot-Original.png

Condemned: Criminal Origins

Screenshot-Original.png

charmed699

Neo Member
Very nice video clips. I fully agree on what you said. Just makes it more fun to take a screenshot or video clip that you find amusing and can share with others. Condemned was one of my favourite Xbox 360 launch games.

charmed699

Neo Member
Would be great to have Condemned 2 playable on Xbox One. Multiplayer didn't seem to be that popular, so would be nice to potentially play a few more matches. I remember struggling to get matches a few weeks after it was released. I really liked the Bum Rush mode.

Megauap

Just booted up Deus Ex Human Revolution and the game required and update of 500Mb.
Anyone knows if this update makes the DLC compatible with the game?
I'm almost at the end of it and would love to play the DLC on Xbox One (to get all the achievements).

im_dany

Just booted up Deus Ex Human Revolution and the game required and update of 500Mb.
Anyone knows if this update makes the DLC compatible with the game?
I'm almost at the end of it and would love to play the DLC on Xbox One (to get all the achievements).

They said the DLC would come along with the multi-disc support in "early 2016", so probably not.

You can check if there are DLCs available from Manage Game btw

Would be great to have Condemned 2 playable on Xbox One. Multiplayer didn't seem to be that popular, so would be nice to potentially play a few more matches. I remember struggling to get matches a few weeks after it was released. I really liked the Bum Rush mode.

I don't know if it matters or not, but I don't believe Condemned 2 ever saw a digital release.

Have we seen any non digital releases (games on demand) become backwards compatible yet?

W.S.

I don't know if it matters or not, but I don't believe Condemned 2 ever saw a digital release.

Have we seen any non digital releases (games on demand) become backwards compatible yet?

Not yet.

I hope they find a way to upload those games to purely digital but I'll take having the discs playable too. Strange that that haven't been able to so far though, PSN has most of not all of their games digital there but then again they had the better blu-ray storage format so maybe that's why?

iavi

The fact that microsoft was able to get 360 BC working on the ONE is still nothing short of amazing every time I think about it. Can we get OG xbox BC while they're at it. Put it behind a paywall to cover whatever issues with Nvidia. I just want to play

im_dany

Not yet.

I hope they find a way to upload those games to purely digital but I'll take having the discs playable too. Strange that that haven't been able to so far though, PSN has most of not all of their games digital there but then again they had the better blu-ray storage format so maybe that's why?

Every game can be made available for XBL Store, but most of the multi disc ones aren't because the devs didn't bother to make the conversion.
For example, Rockstar did that for every single one of their games. EA, instead, never did it.

Don't know about Condemned 2 though, it was single disc afaik. Maybe the publisher didn't want to bother with it? Maybe they tought it wasn't profitable?

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
No offense taken. Keep in mind though he is also using a 3rd party arcade stick as well. Hopefully it is an officially licensed X1 arcade stick and not a 360 one via an adapter, i.e. Cronusmax.
this post is hilarious given that we're talking about markman.

Estocolmo

The fact that microsoft was able to get 360 BC working on the ONE is still nothing short of amazing every time I think about it. Can we get OG xbox BC while they're at it. Put it behind a paywall to cover whatever issues with Nvidia. I just want to play

Imagine if Microsoft reveals original Xbox BC for the Xbox One. That would be so amazing :)

Ninja Gaiden Black, Jade Empire, Voodoo Vince, Crimson Skies playable on Xbox One :D

DedValve

Banned
Still waiting on hitman HD collection. Makes me wish the Splinter Cell hd collection wasn't PS3 exclusive. That way I get my stealth itch from two of the best.

Theorry

About Deus Ex Missing Link DLC. Just read this on reddit.

"It's up, and ready to install for owners. (UK player here, YMMV). It's downloading as I type this!"

G0523

Imagine if Microsoft reveals original Xbox BC for the Xbox One. That would be so amazing :)

Ninja Gaiden Black, Jade Empire, Voodoo Vince, Crimson Skies playable on Xbox One :D
That would really be amazing and I hope it will happen!

If Microsoft were able to get Xbox Original games BC, then it would truly be the Xbox One. The One Xbox console you need to play games from every generation so far.

Justinh

Do the previous numbered Halo games really need to be BC? The Master Chief Collection exists for a reason.

Well it'd be nice for people who already have the 360 games and don't want to have to "rebuy" them. Although I'd reckon they'd probably run better in the MCC anyways.

MCC would be the better choice (especially for Halo 4, I imagine that will really struggle in BC), but Halo 3, ODST, and Halo 4 support should all be coming. They're probably going to take a while what the priority being low due to MCC though.

Long-dead 360 owner and shmup fan here really hoping they eventually add Raiden Fighters Collection to the BC list. Now that Raiden V is XB1 exclusive maybe there is a chance? Hey, if R-TYPE Dimensions can make the list...

I've been wanting to play ODST out of all Halo games, considering it got higher praise compared to Halo 3 and 4.

ODST is in the Master Chief Collection as $5 dlc.

I've been playing Trials HD. Still great and runs perfectly on most stages. I revisited an early level with lots of fire and the framerate dropped badly. Weird with how smooth the longer stages were.

I've been playing Trials HD. Still great and runs perfectly on most stages. I revisited an early level with lots of fire and the framerate dropped badly. Weird with how smooth the longer stages were.

Firefight is missing from MCC ODST, so that's one reason to want the original. As for the other games I don't think there's any difference besides having their original interface stripped away.

I was trying to beat my score on a harder level, so I was restarting a lot... Noticed about 1 in 20 attempts I noticed bad slowdown for no real reason, same level, same action etc

FyreWulff

Do the previous numbered Halo games really need to be BC? The Master Chief Collection exists for a reason.

MCC:

Halo 1

+ 60fps

- classic mode graphical effects downgrade (plasma effects, lighting, etc) due to being based off Halo PC
- multiplayer is based off the PC version, not the original Xbox version, so Xbox version diehards will still want to LAN the OG version. Yes, there are notable differences.
- multiplayer has glitches everywhere.

Halo 2 comes out almost even since it's based directly off the PC version.

+ Comes with both the PC and Blastacular official maps

- can't customize player emblem (everyone in every game has the same emblem, which is annoying since the emblem is prominently featured as a waypoint over everyone's head)

Halo 3

+ 60fps

- graphical glitches
- nerfed theater
- cannot save game films (you have to capture them out, but they're gone once you play another game)
- 100 item limit is now 50, shared with all other Halo MCC titles
- can't customize armor; you have to pick from premade sets
- can't customize player emblem

Halo 4

+60 fps

- graphical glitches
- nerfed theater
- cannot save game films (same issue as above)
- 3000 item limit for gametypes and forge variants is now 50, shared with all other Halo MCC titles
- I believe it's still missing all of it's final DLC content (armor, gun skins) and special armor
- can't customize armor, have to pick from premade sets

ODST

+ 60 fps

- Firefight was not ported over, so half the game is gone
- Destiny and dancing Marty easter eggs removed (for legal reasons, but may annoy some sticklers)

MCC doesn't replace the original featureset of the original discs 1:1. Some of these seem picky, but that's how it is.

Well it'd be nice for people who already have the 360 games and don't want to have to "rebuy" them. Although I'd reckon they'd probably run better in the MCC anyways.

I guess their priorities are other games that aren't on the platform just yet. I would guess that those games wont come for a bit.

they did put gears 1 on BC even though they released the remake so there is a precedent for them doing this.

Top Bottom