• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

speedomodel

The point he's making is we have gone 16 games in first month, 10 in second month and now 5 in the third month (assuming no games get added in the next two days). Quite a big drop.

How many games are we looking at over the next month at this rate? 1? 2?

The next two days? Why wouldn't they have the rest of this week and next, you know the actual month?

Chris1

The next two days? Why wouldn't they have the rest of this week and next, you know the actual month?

Because on Thursday it'll be 4 weeks since last months update when they said they'd release when they're ready. Giving them the rest of the month will be 6 weeks, when the others only had ~4 weeks each. Would you rather I edit it to 4 weeks instead of a month? lol, the point is still the same and I figured most people would know what I meant when I said month.

muzzymate

But they have already said that is no longer the case and they will release games when they are ready.

Perhaps it would make things more clear if he used the "30 days" rather than the word "month", keeping the delta between releases equal for comparison purposes.

speedomodel

Because on Thursday it'll be 4 weeks since last months update when they said they'd release when they're ready. Giving them the rest of the month will be 6 weeks, when the others only had ~4 weeks each. Would you rather I edit it to 4 weeks instead of a month? lol, the point is still the same.
I mean, if you mean one thing probably shouldn't say another...

I still don't see how reading it as 30-days is a valid criticism, I mean again they did switch to when the games are ready so the time tables can't really be compared too closely.
Perhaps it would make things more clear if he used the "30 days" rather than the word "month", keeping the delta between releases equal for comparison purposes.
Sure. I still think it's hard to compare. Since they have moved to "whenever they are ready" that will naturally throw off the volume released by X days from last month. Just seems strange to count days between months as if that's any sort of metric. They are obviously taking their time more with titles, given that Red Dead is certainly playable yet still being tested.

Chris1

I mean, if you mean one thing probably shouldn't say another...

I still don't see how reading it as 30-days is a valid criticism, I mean again they did switch to when the games are ready so the time tables can't really be compared too closely.
A month is 4 weeks, which is what I said and meant? I never said December/January or February's list.

Anyways not going to argue over stupid stuff, 672 hours, 28 days, 4 weeks, a month, take your preference and pretend that's what I said.

speedomodel

A month is 4 weeks, which is what I said and meant? I never said December/January or February's list.

Anyways not going to argue over stupid stuff, 672 hours, 28 days, 4 weeks, a month, take your preference and pretend that's what I said.

You are aware there is literally one month out of the year that is 4 weeks long, right?

FyreWulff

But private chat came with the Xbox 360 in 2005.

That was only you and one other person, though. I hardly know anyone that used it.

If > 2 people wanted to talk to each other, you had to be in Halo 3, together. After party chat, the "social friction" to play another game while talking to those same people went to near zero.

dpunk3

Butchered the graphics? The emulator wouldn't be able to do that. All I noticed was the textures take quite a long time to load their full res, which I'm assuming is xbox one HDD being slow.

Yea, when I heard about the issue I was skeptical, but I saw this on a Reddit thread.
nbdIhBC.jpg

After I did I went in game myself on both the 360 and XBO on the same screen, and confirmed they were subpar compared to the 360 version.

Yea, when I heard about the issue I was skeptical, but I saw this on a Reddit thread.
nbdIhBC.jpg

After I did I went in game myself on both the 360 and XBO on the same screen, and confirmed they were subpar compared to the 360 version.

AFAIK the emulated version is actually using the assets from split screen for some reason, be it performance or a bug. Apparently it looks identical to the split screen mode on a real 360.

dpunk3

AFAIK the emulated version is actually using the assets from split screen for some reason, be it performance or a bug. Apparently it looks identical to the split screen mode on a real 360.

Now THAT is interesting. The controls are a lot less responsive and it also seems to have a lower framerate, which is super frustrating.

MS needs to hurry the heck up with Dark Souls.

The thing I'm worried most about is actually not the frame rate, but how using a fast attack will be.. The right bumper on the Xbox One is way more clicky and difficult to press, especially with the older controllers... and I use the fast attack A LOT

Justinh

The thing I'm worried most about is actually not the frame rate, but how using a fast attack will be.. The right bumper on the Xbox One is way more clicky and difficult to press, especially with the older controllers... and I use the fast attack A LOT
I played it with the older xbox controllers for a while on PC before, and I didn't think getting an attack out was a problem, but holding up a shield was really, really uncomfortable from what I remember.
Damn I don't know. Can I?
I'm almost positive you can't.

You get used to it. I played Dark Souls 2 on PC with the old controller and it was actually fine. Was worried at first.

Just clicks a lot

shanafan

I know with the Elite controller, you can remap buttons on how you seem fit.

Can you do the same with the regular controller with the Xbox Accessories app?

itsc4z

Neo Member

I'm playing Dark Souls 2 on PC at the moment with a normal Xbox One controller and I can honestly say I personally have no issues with fast attacking / blocking / dodging / heavy attacking etc etc.

If anything it feels a lot more responsive to me.

Dumb question. I own Gears 3 on disc and want to play it tonight on my XBO. I have not inserted the disc into my XBO. Is there a way I can go to xbox.com now and tell the system to grab the required data and install it on my XBO so that I do not have to wait for a lengthy download tonight? I do believe my XBO is in low power mode.

JeffG

Dumb question. I own Gears 3 on disc and want to play it tonight on my XBO. I have not inserted the disc into my XBO. Is there a way I can go to xbox.com now and tell the system to grab the required data and install it on my XBO so that I do not have to wait for a lengthy download tonight? I do believe my XBO is in low power mode.

Nope

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.

Seriously? When has something like this ever worked?

Syriel

The disc had to be in the drive.

Nope. You just had to have recently run the game.

On the old dash, if there was a game in the recent list that was not installed on the system, if you tried to launch it, it would automatically download and install the game data.

At that point, the launch would fail because you didn't have an account license or console license and no disc was in the drive, but all of the game data was there.

Top Bottom