• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

amdb00mer

TTT2 no longer launches... I hope this doesn't mean we'll not see an official launch?

I'm thinking it will be a pre-order bonus for Tekken 7. Still I don't think people who already own the game should get be forced to wait for the pre-order announcement. If it's ready to go, then release it. If anything people will still buy it that do not have it and may still buy Tekken 7 and then just give the pre-order code away or sell it.

Zeta Oni

I'm thinking it will be a pre-order bonus for Tekken 7. Still I don't think people who already own the game should get be forced to wait for the pre-order announcement. If it's ready to go, then release it. If anything people will still buy it that do not have it and may still buy Tekken 7 and then just give the pre-order code away or sell it.

If i were a betting man, I'd say MS used the ability to pre-order and get a title as an incentive for publishers to add their games, so I would imagine there's some stipulations about tekken tag 2 coming around the same time as tekken 7.

Makes sense business wise, but it's certainly annoying consumer wise.

I've had this with the Sonic games. Some people think they're fine, but the input lag makes it unplayable for me.

I mean if you're used to long runs with GeoWars you know how precise the controls have to be or else you're super fucked. Any input lag will basically make longer runs an exercise in frustration.

I honestly dont know how people are not noticing the input lag in these games. Some games are much better than others about it and there are genres where it doesn't really matter but for the games like GeoWars that require that the inputs be precise as hell any lag breaks the game.

I finished Super Meat Boy recently and i basically had to adapt to the input lag by timing things just a slight bit ahead of when i would normally do them or else i was missing jumps and falling into pits.

Epcott

I looked at the main site for it yesterday and I could have sworn I saw The Witcher II on the list, so I bought it. While it says it needed an update to play, after the update, it wouldn't launch :(

Perhaps it was only on the "coming soon" section?

im_dany

I looked at the main site for it yesterday and I could have sworn I saw The Witcher II on the list, so I bought it. While it says it needed an update to play, after the update, it wouldn't launch :(

It's BC, but was also free until two weeks ago :p

Tried turning it on and off? Clearing cache (pushing the button for 10 seconds)? Uninstall and reinstall?

8bit

Knows the Score

Witcher 2 was free a few weeks ago, pretty sure it should work.

Norse360

I fear a lot of publishers delay making their games available due to a couple of reasons;
1. They want bc titles to be preordet bonuses
2. They're considering doing a remastered version of the game and making it bc doesn't make sense

I fear EA will hold back a few titles for EA Access

Anyway I love/hate bc. My backlog explodes, but I love revisiting 360 titles. Currently I'm doing Gears 3. It runs and looks awesome. Could almost mistake it for a current gen title IMHO.

I fear a lot of publishers delay making their games available due to a couple of reasons;
2. They're considering doing a remastered version of the game and making it bc doesn't make sense

At this point in the generation i doubt we will see much remasters anymore... Its all about new stuff now.

I doubt EA is holding back stuff... Mirrors Edge for example is already out and playable.

Z_Y

So they added American Nightmare, but not Alan Wake? That makes a lot of sense.

This has been my biggest disappointment with BC. Maybe I had the wrong impression but I thought publisher approval was going to be the biggest hurdle. Because of this, I thought all MS games would be ready day one. And then I thought once a publisher gave the nod it would be like the floodgates being opened.

Instead we have gotten seemingly random releases:

Only Assassins Creed II
Red Dead(maybe) no GTAIV
Only two Lego games
BLOPs(soon?) no BLOPs II
Fallout 3 but no New Vegas

I thought it would be more orderly. Here's all your Assaanin Creed games this month. Next month Bioshock trilogy, next month your CODs, etc. At this pace, we are going to be on to next gen before we see the catalog flesh out.

I'm not complaining. So I hope nobody jumps on me. Just not seeing the pace I thought we would.

Epcott

It's BC, but was also free until two weeks ago :p

Tried turning it on and off? Clearing cache (pushing the button for 10 seconds)? Uninstall and reinstall?

Witcher 2 was free a few weeks ago, pretty sure it should work.

Cleared the cache, reinstalled, hard reset, still doesn't work. When it finishes reinstalling, I select the game from the home screen... Then the screen transitions like it's preparing to run the game, then it pushes me back to home screen. When I select the game again, I just get pushed back to home. Don't know what's wrong.

Syriel

Cleared the cache, reinstalled, hard reset, still doesn't work. When it finishes reinstalling, I select the game from the home screen... Then the screen transitions like it's preparing to run the game, then it pushes me back to home screen. When I select the game again, I just get pushed back to home. Don't know what's wrong.

How much free space do you have on your internal drive?

I really think EA is holding on because the stores are not yet unified. It's still a mess and rentals, as ea access games are, are not possible for 360 games. Licensing is still not sorted out for the cross platform games.

So I guess that would be the main reason we still don't see 360 games on access. It's more on Microsoft ends than on ea's.

I've only tried a couple of games--Dirt 3 and The Witcher 2--and both are basically unplayable due to a disgusting amount of input lag. I never played these games on Xbox 360, so is this just what they were like? Is it an emulation issue with these games specifically? Or is it a more widespread issue?

amdb00mer

Awesome! Going to try this.

Edit: Didn't work. I'll just look for the reciept and take it back to the store. Bah

Did anybody confirm that the disc version of Witcher 2 works? As far as I know only the Games On Demand Version works. That's why they made it a free game to all xbox 360 owners for a limited time.

Chris1

Did anybody confirm that the disc version of Witcher 2 works? As far as I know only the Games On Demand Version works. That's why they made it a free game to all xbox 360 owners for a limited time.

Both should work. The disc should just download the GOD version of it.

Haven't tested it but there's no reason why it shouldn't work, and he said it boots up then kicks him back out, not that the game isn't compatible. It sounds like an issue with the emulator.

so it's been over a month since the last list of games was released and they've only added, what, like 5 games and officially announced another 3 or so?

I don't know what the deal is with BC but boy I'm pretty sure this isn't the pace anyone expected for this rollout

Top Bottom