• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatibility Thread: Everyone wants it, no one uses it

Chris1

Maybe they'll offer the Doom collection with Doom preorder? The Fallout 4 one is ending and Bethesda is open to those type of deals. Plus MS has marketing too, last year most of their marketed games came with a BC preorder (Rainbow 6S, JC3, FO4).

Chris1

360 version of BFG edition has softlocks and peformance issues, not the best freebie :p
Maybe not but it's still a freebie and something that might push a few people to pre order at virtually no cost.

played it via bc on xbox one. Had zero issues. You have to get used to the controls. Played it on 360 and PC. Controls are like this.

Yeah Deus Ex controls are awful but you do get used to them.

Tried playing Deus Ex the other day and the frame rate wasn't great at all. I'm not usually one to even notice stuff like this but I felt pulled out a bit.

Also the controls are fairly clunky, which is interesting considering I played this game when it came out and adored it. Maybe I'm turning into a bit of a snob.

Slightly off topic, does anyone know if Mankind Divided is meant to control the same as HR?
played it via bc on xbox one. Had zero issues. You have to get used to the controls. Played it on 360 and PC. Controls are like this.

DOOM II is now BC? Xbox posted a message on Community

I'm pretty sure Doom, Doom 2, and Wolfenstein 3D were all in the first wave of BC games.

Are these even on disc?

Doom 3 BFG Edition comes with Doom 1 and 2. I'm not sure if it just downloads them or not, but they're the same as the versions you can buy separately on XBL. BFG Edition has no digital version on 360 though, so I'm not sure if that would hold it back from being BC as well.

Doom 3 BFG Edition comes with Doom 1 and 2. I'm not sure if it just downloads them or not, but they're the same as the versions you can buy separately on XBL. BFG Edition has no digital version on 360 though, so I'm not sure if that would hold it back from being BC as well.

It does. I downloaded them via BFG back when BC was officially rolled out.

it seemed somewhat promising when they first announced that they were changing how they were releasing new BC games. A few new games appeared to have popped up as apparently being tested and things were looking up.

that we havent seen a single game released since they announced that change is now starting to make me concerned, though. Now there's no hard limit for them to hit so we could get like 5 games in a month or something, especially at the current rate of 0 games put out since the change

I took it from day one as " Now some months will have a couple of bc games and some will have jack squat"

The process is obviously a lot more arduous than a lot of us wanted to believe.

Both Doom and Doom II have been bc for quite a while now.

I'm pretty sure Doom, Doom 2, and Wolfenstein 3D were all in the first wave of BC games.

I didn't remember these were on the list because I actually didn't care, but because Xbox posted this I thought it was a new.. So I don't understand why did they post that lol

Ein Bear

well, witcher 2 is working great and it was on 2 disks

Witcher 2 did already have a Games on Demand digital release back when it launched however, so the work was already done. ME2/3 were never released digitally, so would need extra support. They also never played very nicely with cloud saves if I remember correctly.

Theorry

Oke.. Fake or not?

reddeadx1.jpg

castlevaniax1.jpg

tekkentag2x1.jpg

Human_me

No Red Dead Redemption here (UK).
I own it digitally.
who do you follow to get access to RDR? Rocko Howard doesnt show up when I search him, and RDR doesnt show up when I look it up on the store

edit: follow "RockoHoward" and youll see it.

This worked. Cheers!

RedRum

Banned
Holy fuck!!! Downloading! New Thread please!

Edit: Apologies. I meant I'm -going- to look to DL it right now. I'm not seeing it myself.

Yabo

Banned
who do you follow to get access to RDR? Rocko Howard doesnt show up when I search him, and RDR doesnt show up when I look it up on the store

edit: follow "RockoHoward" and youll see it.

RDR is up? Complete global satisfaction.

It wasn't a game that I was looking to play again (100% the campaign back at launch), but I might just mess around with it on the One because of how monumental it is for BC when the disk version is supported.

Duxxy3

Microsoft needs to do a much better job of advertising what games are backwards compatible. Is there even a BC section in the store?

Top Bottom