• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

horkrux

giphy.gif

Well, since there are no releases I'd like to point out that Daytona USA is on sale for $2.49 this week and it's BC.

I also picked up the Streets of Rage collection for $2.49. I already own those games several times over but I love them and it was an excuse for another play-through on X1 for the achievements.

Hilbert

Deep into his 30th decade
Well, since there are no releases I'd like to point out that Daytona USA is on sale for $2.49 this week and it's BC.

I also picked up the Streets of Rage collection for $2.49. I already own those games several times over but I love them and it was an excuse for another play-through on X1 for the achievements.

I think I am buying Fighting Vipers today for my classic Sega support!

frogger

I can't download Battlefield Bad Company.

In my xbox 360 purchase history, it is called Battlefield: Bad Co., in xbox one BC list, it is called Battlefield: Bad Company. The system is recognizing them as two different games. One Xbox one it is asking me to buy it again. What kind of BS is this.

In my xbox 360 purchase history, it is called Battlefield: Bad Co., in xbox one BC list, it is called Battlefield: Bad Company. The system is recognizing them as two different games. One Xbox one it is asking me to buy it again. What kind of BS is this.

dunno, but IIRC it doesn't goes BC until the middle of the month

dorikyasu

Did you try it on microsoft.com and see if it shows as you've purchased it? Should be able to push to XO from there as well.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/battlefield-bad-co/bq81kkjmm7zd?wa=wsignin1.0

dunno, but IIRC it doesn't goes BC until the middle of the month
GwG this month is Battlefield 3, not Battlefield: Bad Company.

frogger

Did you try it on microsoft.com and see if it shows as you've purchased it? Should be able to push to XO from there as well.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/battlefield-bad-co/bq81kkjmm7zd?wa=wsignin1.0

On microsoft.com it has a buy button

After clicking it, it goes to the xbox.com, and shows purchased. And only option is to download to xbox 360

top free photo hosting sites

This is not the only game with this problem, I have noticed several other games, it seems the names had slightly changed or the file size was updated, causing the the system not recognizing your purchase.

Sordid

This is not the only game with this problem, I have noticed several other games, it seems the names had slightly changed or the file size was updated, causing the the system not recognizing your purchase.

The file sizes are always different between Xbone and 360. I'd go here: https://live.xbox.com/en-GB/download/history and find the date you purchased it then give support a shout and let them know the date you bought it. Should be easy to sort everything out.

I’m genuinely surprised Max Payne 3 hasn’t been released yet.

It's possible that they are simply unable to attain acceptable performance with some titles. This might be one of them.

That being said, I know they have said that there would be no X1X exclusives but I wonder if they might release certain BC titles that only work with the X1X due to performance limitations.

muzzymate

Wondering if there'll be any ramp up for original Xbox compatibility titles or if they'll just start appearing some random Tuesday or Thursday...

Wondering if there'll be any ramp up for original Xbox compatibility titles or if they'll just start appearing some random Tuesday or Thursday...

I'm guessing Insiders will get to try out OG BC first and do some testing before they roll them out to the general public. Even if the testing wasn't really necessary, I think they might do it as a nice bonus for insiders since we have to put up with these buggy dashboard builds. They'll still frame it as beta testing though.

I'd think they'd at least make some fanfare out of it, although it's appeal is fairly limited, they should make a little introduction space on the Xbox menus at least!

Pretty sure Phil Spencer will tweet quite excitedly about it!

Yeah I think table tennis has a better chance of being BC more than LA Noire does after the announcement made.

Also any bets that we get nothing today?

Synth

No, he means that we literally can't know whether or not there are games that have been stopped for this reason, not that there are no BC games that also have remasters.

Yup, this. It would be a bit like saying that music licenses have never stopped a game being BC, because there are games with licensed music that are.

Worth correcting? Nope... but I can't help myself.

Flagship

Hey everyone, long time lurker here and first post of gaff!

I LOVE the BC program, it's been the most significant/compelling aspect of the Xbox One for me. I know this year wasn't great for Xbox's output of current gen games (I haven't really minded as much because I thought 2014-2015 were very strong years compared to the competition and 2016 was tied) but we did have Phantom Dust HD (which I thought was excellent and possibly my personal GOTY for the year from all game's I've played) and tbf I've just been distracted with many of this years Japanese games on PS4 and fingers crossed if what the exec's say is true I hope we see more Japanese games of Xbox.

I just wanted to put my list of my most anticipated 360 backward compatibility games here:

- Splinter Cell Blacklist & Conviction
- Dark Sector (I liked this game a lot but it had a really wonky framerate on 360 hardware)
- SplitSecond
- Street Fighter Third Strike
- Soul Calibur V
- Blur (I can't see this one happening but I can dream)
- Lips (Okay, this one isn't necessary and probably won't happen but daaamn those microphones were nice and I wish we had more karaoke games on Xbox xD)
- Wheelman (It's one of those so bad it's good)
- Deadly Premonition (still haven't checked this one out and the PC version is acting up on my laptop)
- Dust
- Mark of the Ninja
-The Club
Resonance of Fate (just to give me an excuse to finish it xD)

Seems like a long list, but I do want to point out that around 70% of what I've wanted is backwards compatible, which i think is excellent! I'm very much looking forward to the original Xbox's backcompat launch, it's exciting that what's old will be new again and that I hope they make a big deal of it...

Zeta Oni

Seeing L.A. Noir getting a remaster gives me hope they might do Max Payne 3.

Had the pleasure of playing the game at 60fps on a friends gaming PC and yeah, it's like falling in love all over again if you have only played the PS360 version.

Just remove soft lock playlists in the multi and tone down that damn sawed off.

Bizzquik

BC is dead, welcome to OBC!

I'd be totally understanding if Microsoft explained the drought by saying they had allocated resources to getting Original Xbox BC up and running; I think most of us would.

Its the endless hoping - and searing sense of disappointment - that is frustrating. Just say 'hey FYI - no BC games for a couple weeks as we finish up OGBC. We'll be back strong in October!' and I'd be fine.

MS teased Ninja Gaiden 3 a couple times (once at E3 2015, another time at E3 2017), so Koei-Tecmo do/will support the program.

Teases? First I've heard of this. All I found on that is this old article from 2 years ago.

https://aotf.com/news/rumor-updated-xbox-one-backwards-compatibility-game-list-revealed/

Got any sources of your own? I'd love for it to be true that this point
I want Dead or Alive 4.

I need Spartan Nicole.

I need Dead or Alive 4, I (possibly) need Ninja Gaiden
I've never played a Ninja Gaiden game

I need everything, but I need this the most

The second one sucks and I don't like the 3rd one because the old models are better.

calavera_jo

Neo Member
Out of my remaining 25 games waiting for BC, not a single one since mid-April.

I know two of my Halo games will get the BC treatment, but I mean, come on Microsoft, just communicate a bit.

Could they at least confirm which games it would be impossible for them to make backwards compatible due to licensing issues?

Out of my remaining 25 games waiting for BC, not a single one since mid-April.

I know two of my Halo games will get the BC treatment, but I mean, come on Microsoft, just communicate a bit.

Could they at least confirm which games it would be impossible for them to make backwards compatible due to licensing issues?

If they did that though it would gobble up the panic buying on sale days because they "may go BC"

Top Bottom