• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Backwards Compatible lOT2l: Who would want to play these games?

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
When you say enhanced do you mean the standard stuff from the Xbox One or the Xbox One X? Just wondering if the X looks that much better for old 360 titles.

I am referring to the enhanced 360 games. After seeing what enhancements did for Fallout 3, Mirrors Edge, Halo 3 and Gears of War 3, non-enhanced BC is unplayable.

I am referring to the enhanced 360 games. After seeing what enhancements did for Fallout 3, Mirrors Edge, Halo 3 and Gears of War 3, non-enhanced BC is unplayable.

I know what you mean. AC, Halo 3, Fallout 3 and Oblivion in ~4k (or even just downsampled from that res to 1080p) look incredible compared to the unenhanced/vanilla Xbox One BC versions. BC games that were once on my "to-play" list have now been permanently shelved until they receive a X update. I really hope that the initial batch around the X's launch wasn't just a once-off thing.

Last edited:

Pantz

Just got a 612.59 MB Update for Blue Dragon on my X1X. Anyone know what that's about?
I was crossing my fingers for it to show up as X Enhanced but no such luck.

CRAIG667

Just got a 612.59 MB Update for Blue Dragon on my X1X. Anyone know what that's about?
I was crossing my fingers for it to show up as X Enhanced but no such luck.

I guess just updates to the emulator/nothing major, Borderlands 1 was updated on my X this morning too.

Backlogger

I actually owned Magic : Duels of the Planewalkers even though I didn't know I did. Always happy for news additions even if I don't care about the games.

MrBenchmark

just picked some OG xbox games from gamestop buy 2 get one. so I'm hoping for at some point.
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Red Dead Revolver
Burnout 3: Takedown
Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Black- already there
Shenmue II
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
Ultimate Spider-Man

The OP says we are getting Burnout Revenge.

Are we?

Burnout Revenge and Red Alert 3 are my two most wanted 360 games.

I know MS wants Burnout Revenge but EA is not allowing it.

Can we petition EA to allow MS to port Burnout Revenge and Red Alert 3.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
The OP says we are getting Burnout Revenge.

Are we?

Burnout Revenge and Red Alert 3 are my two most wanted 360 games.

I know MS wants Burnout Revenge but EA is not allowing it.

Can we petition EA to allow MS to port Burnout Revenge and Red Alert 3.
I imagine the biggest issue with Burnout games is the music licenses have likely expired.

rmatheso

next OG Xbox Drop (13 games) should be:

Freedom Fighters
Star Wars: Republic Commando
Burnout 3
Metal Arms
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders
Breakdown
Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth
Metal Slug 4/5
Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within
Serious Sam II
X-Men Legends

Last edited:

Raizing

Neo Member
I imagine the biggest issue with Burnout games is the music licenses have likely expired.

It doesn't really make much difference, if it's still being sold on the 360 store then they don't require any special attention. Outside of that any game can be ported to BC - even if there are problems with music licensing - so long as they don't sell it digitally. A number of games have already been brought over that fall into this catagory so we know MS don't mind emulating delisted titles, the latest example being Driver SF.

Susurrus

just picked some OG xbox games from gamestop buy 2 get one. so I'm hoping for at some point.
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Red Dead Revolver
Burnout 3: Takedown
Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Black- already there
Shenmue II
Mortal Kombat: Deception
Mortal Kombat: Armageddon
Ultimate Spider-Man

Unlikely Mega Man Anniversary Collection will happen with Legacy Collection 1 & 2 being a thing.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
It doesn't really make much difference, if it's still being sold on the 360 store then they don't require any special attention. Outside of that any game can be ported to BC - even if there are problems with music licensing - so long as they don't sell it digitally. A number of games have already been brought over that fall into this catagory so we know MS don't mind emulating delisted titles, the latest example being Driver SF.
They're not going to waste the effort to make a game BC that they can't re-release digitally. That makes no sense. Not to mention that the 360 and Xbox One are two different systems.

Yes, music licensing is notoriously complicated and will have an impact on which games get BC.

RedStep

They're not going to waste the effort to make a game BC that they can't re-release digitally. That makes no sense. Not to mention that the 360 and Xbox One are two different systems.

As pointed out by that poster, Driver: San Francisco was just made BC last week, and cannot be sold digitally (as well as others in the past). That's not necessarily a barrier.

RAIDEN1

One important point to note about Driver, is that if you purchased the 360 version originally digitally, and then try and play the digital version on Xbox One from your previous purchase, a number of people have said it's not appearing on their download list, or the licence has expired to purchase the digital version now, seeing as I overlooked this game back when it first came out, I might just end up buying the disc itself, so as to avoid all these problems being reported on the Ubisoft forums, and reddit....seems Microsoft support aren't too anxious to sort the problem out..

One important point to note about Driver, is that if you purchased the 360 version originally digitally, and then try and play the digital version on Xbox One from your previous purchase, a number of people have said it's not appearing on their download list....seems Microsoft support aren't too anxious to sort the problem out..

How recent were the complaints? I've read several people report that it wasn't showing and then about a week later it finally appeared. Are others still having an issue now?

I've had issues with other games in the past (I think it was BC ReArmed 2) where it took them a month to sort it out so this isn't unheard of. Just make sure they keep reporting the issue is still happening on the Xbox forums because I was under the impression it was fixed, so MS might be too.

rmatheso

Yes. Split Second! Sold my PS3 copy a while ago and I have a gold sub! Nice!

It's 4K enhanced...Right?

Last edited:
Awyiss! :D The Xbox BC team stays winning. More arcade racers are always welcome. The genre was arguably at its peak last gen, so adding another one to the list makes me very happy. Now I just need PGR 3, 4, Blur and Dirt 2 to have most of my wishlist for the genre completed.

Edit: I wonder if anymore Xbox One X enhanced patches are on the way? It'd be great if there was a little more transparency with their plans there.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hell yes, been waiting for Lego Indiana Jones 2!

On the topic of OG Xbox games: I'm about 10 hours into Knights of the Old Republic 1 at the moment on the X and it looks and runs fantastically. I only installed it originally to see what it looked like on the X, but once I started playing it, I immediately got hooked again. It's such a great RPG and it's a total nostalgia kick seeing the original Xbox start-up in high definition whenever I continue playing it.

I expect the next wave of OG Xbox games (which are X-enhanced) will arrive in late March alongside the new "Duke" controller.

I can't wait for the new Duke. It'd make sense for MS to time the release of the next batch of OG Xbox games around the same time frame that the controller comes out. It's going to be so great to be able to play Halo 1 -> 5 (and 6) with the giant original Xbox controller.

I've actually been checking online stores intermittently for some kind of pre-order for it. Does anyone know where we can order one in advance? If it's going to be limited, I don't want to miss out on one.

Top Bottom