• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One BC |OT| "Fortunately, we have a product for people who don't own a 360"

I can load up all my 360 games but i get the 'disconnect from live' notification as soon as they start up and cannot play any of the titles online, it keeps telling me to sign in even though i already am signed in. Any know how i can fix this?
Did you sign in to your gamertag in "360 mode"

slyfox

Thinking of buying Mirrors Edge and Beyond Good and Evil HD. Do they run well on BC?
I'm only asking this after trying to play Gears 3 and hating it. The update/patch didn't help much either.

Zeta Oni

Thinking of buying Mirrors Edge and Beyond Good and Evil HD. Do they run well on BC?
I'm only asking this after trying to play Gears 3 and hating it. The update/patch didn't help much either.

I own both, and while I haven't played beyond good and evil HD yet, I played the tutorial to Mirrors Edge and it ran fine, didn't notice anything wrong.

I'll put on BG&EHD now and see how it runs.

d58e7

Have they mentioned when the next list is coming? I don't see Sacred 3 on the compatibility list, but that's one of next months games since it's on the games on demand so I would assume we will get the update before the 15th.

EBreda

Ikaruga runs perfectly, btw. Love that game despite sucking at it. Can't get past mission 3 for some reason.

On another note, has Geometry Wars been delisted? I remember testing it while in preview and it worked flawlessly. Went back to it yesterday only to get the "do you own this app" message. Of course I own it, otherwise I would not have been able to download it in the first place. So i uninstalled it to try again and the game is not showing on my "ready to install" list.

Am I screwed?

slyfox

I own both, and while I haven't played beyond good and evil HD yet, I played the tutorial to Mirrors Edge and it ran fine, didn't notice anything wrong.

I'll put on BG&EHD now and see how it runs.

Thanks a lot. Gonna purchase Mirrors Edge and will wait on your BGEHD impressions.

jim2011

Is Mirror's Edge significantly better on PC? I'll be playing with the elite controller regardless.

Edit: Just trying to decide between getting in the xbox sale or a steam key later.

Yoday

Is Mirror's Edge significantly better on PC? I'll be playing with the elite controller regardless.
It depends on what you consider significantly better. You'll be able to run the game at 1080p60 on PC while the 360 version is 720p30. Other than the resolution and framerate difference there isn't a whole lot to set them apart. It isn't a huge leap like some later gen games such as Far Cry 3.

jim2011

It depends on what you consider significantly better. You'll be able to run the game at 1080p60 on PC while the 360 version is 720p30. Other than the resolution and framerate difference there isn't a whole lot to set them apart. It isn't a huge leap like some later gen games such as Far Cry 3.

Thanks

gossi

Oh, God. Gears of War 3 multiplayer is so good, and looks very pretty. It honestly looks better than most current gen games.

Pudge

On another note, has Geometry Wars been delisted? I remember testing it while in preview and it worked flawlessly. Went back to it yesterday only to get the "do you own this app" message. Of course I own it, otherwise I would not have been able to download it in the first place. So i uninstalled it to try again and the game is not showing on my "ready to install" list.

Am I screwed?

I have no idea why, but Geometry Wars was on the preview program list, but not the release list when the update came out. So you can still have it installed from when it worked in the preview program, but it is now not supported.

muzzymate

Ikaruga runs perfectly, btw. Love that game despite sucking at it. Can't get past mission 3 for some reason.

Am I screwed?

Put your Xbox One in offline mode and it will run (at least mine does). Otherwise, I see the message you posted. And keep a backup copy because I have a feeling with Geometry Wars 3, this one will probably not come to BC.

Nephtes

Just got an email from Microsoft... Headline was something like "Your favorite Xbox 360 games are now supported on Xbox One" and "You don't have to throw away your Xbox 360 games, play your favorites right now on Xbox One with backwards compatibility!"

And I'm like... My favorites huh? Where are Ultra Street Fighter IV and Red Dead Redemption?

Of course it only tells you its "only some" of the games in the fine print... -_-

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I do hope December's BC update has some nice surprises on it though.

Dark Souls and the Bioshock games would be fantastic!

Chris1

They should announce the December BC update soon right?

It probably won't be 1st December but yeah, we should get new games added before the 16th with the announcement some time before as I imagine they will want the GWG's to be there on day 1 from now on & the first game is already BC.

Rizzi

If I bought the DLC for Fallout 3 on the 360 marketplace would I be able to install them on the xbox one, or do you need the GOTY edition to get it to work?

Thanks a lot. Gonna purchase Mirrors Edge and will wait on your BGEHD impressions.

BG&E HD in BC runs virtually identically to how it does on the X360 which means a mostly rock-solid 60fps with minor but noticeable dips in places. Might be even better on X1 as I could have sworn it suffered from some infrequent tearing in spots while there is locked V-sync on the BC version. Played to completion.

m23

Does anyone know how to access my old saves for Mass Effect? They are saved in cloud storage but aren't showing up in game.

Edit: Nevermind, found that out. Question now is, how do I do new game+ with my old 360 characer?

Majine

Banned
I think for december, in christmas spirit, they should enable BC for the most seasonal game on the 360.

Fusion Frenzy,

amdb00mer

I'm buying an Xbox One this holiday mainly just so I have a Lumines Live player again. I miss that game so much. Does anyone know if every bit of DLC for it is still available? Namely the two music video skins that got pulled years ago.

I love Lumines Live as well. Actually I have every version except the ios version. I have both PSP games, Vita, PS2, and XBLA. I double checked and all the DLC that I bought shows installed.

Top Bottom