• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Coming in November; $499/£429/499

From Amazon's US Facebook page:

What a day! We are thrilled by the unbelievable demand we saw for Xbox One. In the first six hours of pre-order availability, we've sold through most of our Xbox One inventory. amazon.com/xboxone

Alebrije

It seems MS game division is bleeding money , they did not even lowered the price for the "mini" XBOX 360.

those 600 servers are expensive , the infinite cost of the Cloud.

Alebrije

From Amazon's US Facebook page:

What a day! We are thrilled by the unbelievable demand we saw for Xbox One. In the first six hours of pre-order availability, we've sold through most of our Xbox One inventory. amazon.com/xboxone

Maybe they just had 1000 units.... : P

btw when they talk about inventory is a physical one or virtual ?

Zukuu

Banned
Way to expensive for the weaker hardware. If Sony announces 399$/€ and even launch 1-3 weeks earler, we have a clear winner.

Anth0ny

$499 jeeeeeeeeeeeesus fuck

I'll wait for a price drop if I ever decide to buy an Xbox One. Definitely not a day one purchase with that price tag.

Skenzin

Banned
In all reality 360 launched at $399.99, ungimped. At $500 that was the very upper end I was willing to pay. I was hoping for $399 from both, BUT seeing how SONY/MS is keeping current gen artificially high I am not shocked. This gen should have been $149 2 years ago.

I think anyone expecting Sony to release anything (ungimped) below $499 is dreaming. Especially when they are staring at close to $150+ just in Ram costs. Although I would like to see an early price war. I still think ps4 will have a higher BOM due to GDDR being in such tight availability as well as board complexity.

Sony would probably love to go up to the mic and say "$399". But it won't happen, without a severely gimped version or heavy heavy losses. At $499 they'll still be hurting.

I'm not going to lie, MS had a very nice games lineup *IMO*, but $500 for the console?? No, just no. That's just insane man. If you can afford it, that's cool, but $500 was my limit including a game & tax.

Buying for $250 in 5 years. I don't really feel pressured to go next gen just yet.

Same here, no rush for me IF I decide to ever get one. I am now because of some of the exclusives announced. Mainly Swery's new game. But really, no rush right now as I'm still weary of their approach.

$499????

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! So arrogant.
Incoming prediction: Massive losses for MS next 2 fiscal years, and lower console sales than either WiiU or PS4 this holiday season.

2v9h49.gif

U2NUMB

Just got back from gamestop... not sure if I believe them but they wont have any left to pre order by tomorrow. Had plenty in credit ... will pre order the PS4 tomorrow.

Mr Nash

square pies = communism
I chuckled when I saw how much they want for the Xbox One. I'm sure the hardcore set will run out and buy it quick, but I can see a lot of other people being turned off by that price. I'll be sticking with PC and retro games, maybe a bit of handheld stuff. Don't feel terribly compelled to get this console.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
The steep price tag isn't the problem with this thing.

damaph

Not sure what they were thinking when they came up with the price. Are they set on making large profits each console sold or something? or does the Kinect sensor cost that much

CoG

$500 for a device that targets the same audience as the $99 AppleTV and $50 Roku. Not to mention that recurring XBL tax before you can stream a damn thing. Good luck with all THAT!

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Sucks, really liked their showing up until the price announcement.

Games looked good, nothing I really thought I needed to play but looked solid.

Flakster99

A few thoughts.

With what I went through, all the bullshit with the RROD, 6 coffins and countless frustrations and stress, I am extremely hesitant on new Microsoft hardware.

Also, if the Xbox One had games that appealed to me then I wouldn't flinch at such a price point. As such, they do not and due to hardware misgivings of the past, DRM, and their new corporate policies, no dice.

rschauby

Banned
And this is why Wii U does not need a price cut. At $200 cheaper than "next-gen" the console will be fine.

It appears right now that next gen is going to cost an arm and a leg with all these new business models.

pringles

People's expectations were crazy.

I laughed at those who said the Xbone/PS4 would be sold at the same price as the WiiU, and I know NOTHING about specs, the cost of RAM or all that jazz. All I know is (a little bit) about the world.

Of course now people are thinking the PS4 will be much cheaper than the XbO... lol. It'll be the same price or more expensive.

FroJay

Banned
Got my pre-order on Amazon about 20 minutes ago. I'm selling this sucker as soon as it comes in if I decide to hang on to the pre-order. It was painful seeing $499 at checkout on Amazon.

Obscured

That price is steep. And now with the PS4 being $399, have to do some serious consideration. Does that price include a year gold account? Just one controller?

GloveSlap

Give me a version with no blu-ray drive, and no kinect for $299 or less. I might be able to deal with the rest of the nonsense to use it just as a multiplayer console.

Top Bottom