• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New PS5 slim with Modern Warfare III Bundle coming for $499

Astray

Gold Member
I remember people saying launch buyers get shafted.

PS5 is honestly the 1st gaming thing I ever got at launch, and I honestly think that all of the changes made in the revisions were things that make the console either uglier (the new disc console relaunch) or outright inferior (reducing the size of the heatsink).

I am usually launch-averse, so I am still amazed that I managed to get it on launch day AND it has zero issues!

Tsaki

PS5 is honestly the 1st gaming thing I ever got at launch, and I honestly think that all of the changes made in the revisions were things that make the console either uglier (the new disc console relaunch) or outright inferior (reducing the size of the heatsink).

I am usually launch-averse, so I am still amazed that I managed to get it on launch day AND it has zero issues!
How does reducing the heatsink make it inferior? Does it overheat? Does the console crash more often? Is it louder? Do you consider the PS4 slim worse than the original?
The new model has a 200GB larger SSD. It also has an extra USB-C port in the front. How does that go into the equation?
It also has lower power draw than your launch model. Do you consider this a positive?

Top Bottom