• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Dashboard Leak - Version 2

Yea if the OS is as fast as it is theres no use for a guide thingy to pop up

Well the pop up guide was just more convenient to put stuff in one place: friends list, active downloads, recent games, redeem code, parties, messages. I see your point, but I think I would quite like to have the guide still...

Ushae

Banned
Hopefully the long awaited official walkthrough video with Major Nelson and the other guys will confirm stuff like this.

They're probably holding off to iron things out and make it as smooth as possible. My guess is an official video early-mid October.

One thing that I hated on the 360 dash was that horrific spiralling circle of doom (the loading thingy). I loathed it. But I suppose that was down to the hardware at the time.

turk3y

Banned
Yea if the OS is as fast as it is theres no use for a guide thingy to pop up

on the 360 the system boots its "OS" and runs the "Dash", when you run a game you reboot into the game, the "guide" is a cut down interface to the "OS"as the system cannot run the normal "OS / Dash" and the game at once. You are always in one or the other with the bare minimum running when in game. I get confused here but the basics is they cant run together and the system "reboots" between the two.

With the new system there is not this limitation and both run together and all you are doing is directing the console to customise what it is showing you on screen as a merge of two output feeds from the respected virtual machines running on the console, which is why the game continues to run as a tile inside the "dash".

Well the pop up guide was just more convenient to put stuff in one place: friends list, active downloads, recent games, redeem code, parties, messages. I see your point, but I think I would quite like to have the guide still...
I see your point too. It just seems like it could be samey after awhile. Reason why they made it like this idk

entremet

So the dude got fired? Not the kid, but the relative of course.

Way to fuck your parents career, asshole, if true.

DedValve

Banned
Have you used a Vita? It works pretty well but sometimes I wish it would give you a countdown. It can be hard to resume a racing game...

THIS. Because of the terrible start buttons I find it easier to pause Sonic racing with the home button and that messes me up as it plays the game for a second then pauses it which is weird.

I don't like the clusterfuck of tiles on the left hand side and hopefully we can change the background (black just looks so boring) but other than that it's metro.

I was hoping they would make it look less like the 360 and more like Windows 8, all nice and colorful, but at least we can customize.

Newlove

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have fired his Dad. A warning / talking to for sure, but it's not really a big deal that a teenager showed only the dashboard for a couple of minutes.

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't have fired his Dad. A warning / talking to for sure, but it's not really a big deal that a teenager showed only the dashboard for a couple of minutes.

The Dad was nowhere to be seen. I have a feeling he didn't know. The boy wasn't under NDA.

Top Bottom