• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One: Day One Edition from Walmart - Issue (Shipping Day Five)

hawk2025

I'm annoyed at the fact that my network requires 15 minutes between registering a MAC address and being able to access the online network, so I can definitely understand why 5 whole days would annoy someone :p

DoomGyver

Forgive me if this has been posted, but the Day One EDITION is just that, an edition. It does not guarantee that you will get it on launch day.

bluehat9

Wasn't there a thread a couple weeks ago with the rumor that day one orders might not be available in some places at launch? Then MS twitter said that distribution was continuing as planned?

SpyGuy239

It's day 5 and you'll still be getting the day one edition. it's abit shit I agree but I don't see the big deal. You'll still be one of the first few to get an xbox one. Also you probably won't have to experience all the online problems that will hopefully be ironed out by day 5.

Heysoos

Wasn't there a thread a couple weeks ago with the rumor that day one orders might not be available in some places at launch? Then MS twitter said that distribution was continuing as planned?

This is NOT the issue here. The issue here is that Walmart doesn't ship out their online preordered systems to arrive day one like Amazon, rather they ship out day one, which means there's a wait time for online preorders.

UNCMark

Banned

This story applies to PS4 pre-orders as well. Nothing whatsoever to do with MS. Wal-Mart's online store doesn't process orders until release day.

so wanting a console for amazing graphics is more important than wanting it to play with your friends?

What kind of point are you trying to make?

He was simply reaching out to see if anyone had a suggestion to see if he could have this issue resolved, not to be judged on whether or not he was "buying it for the right reason"

The point I was trying to make is that the consoles are going to be about for the next 7 years. So waiting 7 days shouldn't be a hardship. I suspect, much like the graphics, your friends will still be there to play games with on their Xbox on Day 5, I wasn't trying to say playing with your friends was any less important. And admittedly sarcastic, my suggestion was to not worry all that much and wait 5 days.

Any judgement I passed came after you inferred I was a douchebag.

And hey, I probably am a douchebag for lacking any sympathy in this situation. They are exciting machines. But I guess I am not there for the zeitgeist.

Redshirt

Banned
Yeah, this was a known issue with Walmart for both the XB1 and PS4. I don't think there's anything your friend can do about it, but on the bright side, it's better than not having a pre-order locked up at all.

Top Bottom