• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Elite Controller for $119.99 on Amazon

neohwa

No, the opposite. You're still in the past when we didn't have premium controller options for people with jobs and money.

The Elite looks, feels and operates like a very expensive controller.

It's been reported that it stopped working in just a few months though. So it better comes with a lifetime warranty for being so expensive.

neohwa

having recently bought a fighting game why would someone want a $120 arcade stick

Preference you ding dong

is the elite controller really that much different though?

arcade stick is a completely different controller than the regular ones.

Yes it is, It is better than a regular one in every single way, so yes the premium pricing is worth every single penny over a standard one.

Sucks that some people have had bad luck with the thing, still no evidence of a widespread issue, and if we're taking personal experiences as evidence, mine is 1 year old and still going strong even after numerous falls of consideration.

I've literally never heard quality complaints about these until this thread. Not saying they're wrong, but wtf? Anecdotally, I've used mine for hundreds of hours and it will works great.

I had issues with my left analog stick not being responsive and was so loose that shake the controller and listen to it rock. MS replaced it within a week. Other than that, it's been rock solid.

Synless

I'm waiting out on a Bluetooth version as well. I really want one though. I'm going to custom build an S in the meantime.

MrBenchmark

Yes it is, It is better than a regular one in every single way, so yes the premium pricing is worth every single penny over a standard one.

Sucks that some people have had bad luck with the thing, still no evidence of a widespread issue, and if we're taking personal experiences as evidence, mine is 1 year old and still going strong even after numerous falls of consideration.
It really is well built its just the RB and LB they WILL break it very thin plastic. Be cool if someone could 3D print parts from metal to replace the plastic.
6F193E82-D705-452A-B03C-B141B882E079.jpg

And I foolishly thought it was on sale in Canada as well. I've been using a DS4 for PC gaming for a few months, and the rubber on the sticks is wearing out. Now, I adore the DS4, moreso than the Xbox One controller. Would it be worth it to splurge on the Elite or just buy another DS4?

Max_Po

Banned
And I foolishly thought it was on sale in Canada as well. I've been using a DS4 for PC gaming for a few months, and the rubber on the sticks is wearing out. Now, I adore the DS4, moreso than the Xbox One controller. Would it be worth it to splurge on the Elite or just buy another DS4?

If you want to save money, buy this

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/For-PS4-XBOX-ONE-360-Analog-Controller-Thumb-Stick-Grip-Thumbstick-Cover-Cap-/272204711664?hash=item3f60aa46f0:g:T9kAAOSwsN9XB28p

I have these on all my PS4 controllers. Just do your self a favor and put a small piece of transparent tape on the stick and the grip cover, it will protect your thumbstick even further.

You think that's high?

The f
ucking
Gears of War Edition Elite Controller is 249.99 plus tax.

Thats 282.change with Tax in ON.

thats like 300 for a controller.

I know. I want it, but that's fucking ridiculous. (Even if $200 USD is $257 CAD right now, that's still too much for a controller.)

I thought $189.99 was the normal price. My bad.

I've had mine since launch and the only issue I've had with it is the rubber on one of the short sticks is wearing a bit which is disappointing. I use it almost exclusively on PC and it's the best controller I've ever owned.

I didn't hear about the being quality issues until now but after having to crack open my N3DSXL twice for different parts breaking I'm sure that I can handle repairing one of these.

Isn't any different from the regular Xbox one controller in terms of size?

What do you use the paddles for?

Flux

You think that's high?

The f
ucking
Gears of War Edition Elite Controller is 249.99 plus tax.

Thats 282.change with Tax in ON.

thats like 300 for a controller.

Damn, is that just an elite controller with a Gears colour scheme?

The normal Elite controller is great otherwise, got mine when it was $149.99 before the dollar tanked.

Madness

Having recently gotten an X1, why would someone want a $120 controller?

For the same reason people get luxury additions on vehicles when all they do is drive from point A to B etc. The Elite is the best controller made in the world. Utterly destroys anything else out there.

If you spend most of your free time gaming, especially playing shooters or racing games, it is a no brainer to get this. I somewhat regret my purchase due to original price ($170+tax in Canada) and because I don't play as much. But it is a phenomenal controller and what was supposed to be a niche product no one wanted they ended up making 1 million controllers of.

Biltmore

Banned
It's been reported that it stopped working in just a few months though. So it better comes with a lifetime warranty for being so expensive.

In a thread earlier a dude bought back to back PS4's that broke within a month. Shit happens. LIke I said, mine hasn't changed a bit since i took it out of the box.

Absolutely. you can hit every button on the controller without your thumbs ever leaving your sticks, it's ridiculously better for many games. And that's even without mentioning stuff like the extra sticks, and best thumbpad on a controller, and multiple remaps that can be saved.

Warxard

Banned

The elite controller has different setting tweaks to adjust in the Accessories app. Also Paddles.

SRTtoZ

I bought a 10 pack of Analog sticks and just replace them when needed. Its easier than you think.

Noobcraft

Damn, is that just an elite controller with a Gears colour scheme?

The normal Elite controller is great otherwise, got mine when it was $149.99 before the dollar tanked.
It's supposedly super limited and has Rod Fergusson's finger print on it lol.

Still more than I'm willing to pay. Waiting for someone to accidently mark it down to $60 thinking it's a regular controller.

Rellik

Bought mine for £100 and it was worth every penny. Best controller that I've ever used and makes me hate playing my PS4 because the DS4 feels cheap and horrid in comparison. Hopefully Sony follows and makes their own Elite.

Warablo

Isn't any different from the regular Xbox one controller in terms of size?

What do you use the paddles for?

The size is the same but it weighs a lot heavier. It depends on the game, for The Witcher for example I actually use A/ X on left and B/Y on the right. That way I can sprint, attack, and jump while staying in control of the camera.. While BF 4 I have A/Gadget 1 on left, B/Gadget 2 on right. Some games I only use a select number of paddles like R6, NHL, and The Division.

I've always felt this should be price'd around $100 mark. The controller is great. You just need to ease your way into using it into different games. I do worry about it breaking because most controllers nowadays do (plus its expensive). I should have bought it from Best Buy with a warranty or something.

Risible

Every thread the same old shit; you either have substantial data or it's just concerned trolling.

You do realize you're part of the problem, right?

I could just as easily say "Every thread it's the same old shit, people come in with their one data point anecdotal evidence of 'Well mine works perfectly' and claim there are no problems based on that."

As someone who is interested in the controller for use on my PC, I've read enough about them to realize that certain parts (mainly the bumpers and the control sticks) are prone to failure.

Maybe it's not a high failure rate, but it's enough for concern for a $150 product with a 90 day warranty.

Might wanna climb down off that high horse, hoss.

Outrun

It is.

I swear that the same tired arguments are being repeated over and over again.

It is a premium product, whose price is comparable to similar products like Scuf.

It is not for everyone. If you want it, it is there. If you don't, then kindly move along.

Everytime the Elite is brought up, the thread devolves into its worth.... Everything to discount the general greatness of this product. It is not perfect, but some are prattling on as if this controller will break as soon as 6 months comes up on the dot.

jadedm17

Great controller, but the faults are there; I go mine from an Elite console bundle a few weeks ago and it works fine but from a cosmetic standpoint the bumpers are off, with there being a decent gap on the left bumper and trigger the right doesn't have. I love it otherwise but there are production issues.

Top Bottom