• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One February update is rolling out

EvB

you put the Sys update folder not he root, then press the bind and eject button and while holding those two press the xbox button on the machine? Tried this and i didn't get it to work. any trick?

You need an NTFS formatted usb stick and just drop the $systemupdate folder onto that USB

power down your machine fully
unplug the power for 30 seconds
plug in USB to Xbox
hold bind+eject and press the power button

keep holding bind and eject
you'll hear a beep (not the eject button) and keep holding and you'll hear a second beep

by this point you will see green bars installing stuff on the screen. Just sit and wait

You may have a nail biting wait on a green screen, don't panic, leave it and it should be fine.

C Jones

So my wifes XB1 got the update right away when I got home but my XB1 hasnt. We are connected to the same internet. If I hold down the power button for 8 seconds the console turns off and the power brick turns orange and it restarts but doesnt update. If I turn it off any other way then it just stays in standby mode with the white light on the power brick. Help?
You need to put it in standby (white power brick light). Leave it that way until the power brick light turns amber. That means the entire update downloaded. When that happens it powers off the console completely (which is why the power brick light changes) so that the next time you boot the update installs.

statham

Powering off my system and waiting for the brown light worked for me. This isnt a full shutdown, but pressing the button once.

E92 M3

The more I play around with the One the more I like it. If the OS was a bit more like the 360 and the GPU was a bit more powerful it would be an amazing console. Either way, I'm glad Titanfall got me to unpack it. Can't wait to get the update and have it run even better.

Fun fact: my One replaced the original Xbox; I was rather sad taking it away.

Dead

well not really...yet
Got the update and tried dead rising 3. Nice visual improvement. Lost a lot of the harshness and seems much smoother/natural.

Derpcrawler

Consider it passed!

Could you also ask to bring back old friend system? The new one is horrible, it's pretty much like twitter with followers and following and actually is completly separated from Xbox 360 friend list, if I add people on One they don't show up on 360 and I have to add them again.

That and achievement app are my biggest issues with Xbox One. They are just so much worse than 360 implementation and very unintuitive/hard to use.

EvB

I've got a glitch.

I've got a tile for Zoo tycoon and a tile for the zoo tycoon demo.

I downloaded the demo but this other tile is just there, when I select it nothing happens and there are no options to uninstall it.

EvB

Could you also ask to bring back old friend system? The new one is horrible, it's pretty much like twitter with followers and following and actually is completly separated from Xbox 360 friend list, if I add people on One they don't show up on 360 and I have to add them again.

That and achievement app are my biggest issues with Xbox One. They are just so much worse than 360 implementation and very unintuitive/hard to use.

The march update has a new style friends list.

They've had to seperate out the Xbox One and 360 friends lists because the Xbox one supports 1000s and the 360 only supports 100

Derpcrawler

The march update has a new style friends list.

They've had to seperate out the Xbox One and 360 friends lists because the Xbox one supports 1000s and the 360 only supports 100

As long as they get rid of twitter bullshit I am fine with that. So annoying to add people and then check if they added you. Why just not make it like old system - add someone, they see friend request and accept/decline it. You can even leave "followers" option where you can follow someone, but that's need to be separated from friend list.

I sometimes get messages asking to play from complete strangers and only then notice that they are my followers, one guy was as confused as I am, he thought since I showed up in his "friends" list, I might have accepted his friend request after the Killer Instinct match.

E92 M3

As long as they get rid of twitter bullshit I am fine with that. So annoying to add people and then check if they added you. Why just not make it like old system - add someone, they see friend request and accept/decline it. You can even leave "followers" option where you can follow someone, but that's need to be separated from friend list.

I sometimes get messages asking to play from complete strangers and only then notice that they are my followers, one guy was as confused as I am, he thought since I showed up in his "friends" list, I might have accepted his friend request after the Killer Instinct match.

Yes I agree - why can't we just have a normal friend list and the option to follow? It would be very convenient. If MS keeps updating things, though I am sure all will get rectified. A few updates in and the One is standing quite strong.

SFenton

Hey Albert,
Why is Zoo Tycoon showing up as installable in my games and apps? Are you guys giving me a free gift? Because I'd totally love one. ;)

Hubble

This is my biggest gripe with the XO. I want these things the exact same way as the 360 built in, not a separate app as it is now. The way it is currently is terrible and really unnecessary and unintuitive.

zedge

Ok, I turned off my Xbox One, a few min later the light started slowly flashing, then stopped.
Turned on the xbox and it just sort of forze.. had to turn it off then on again. No update was installed or is installing.. Weird stuff man.

Unmoses

When is it suppose to update? I haven't gotten it yet and I live in Maryland.

I live in Maryland and got it after being out for dinner.. I got back, powered it on, didn't have it, powered it off for 10 minutes, came back didn't see a light on the system but turned it on to a green scroll bar.. so far so good

Sh0k

After the update, going to Game and Apps, I have the queue section with 2 games waiting to be installed, Forza 5 and AC 4. But under my games, I already have those games installed. Any idea what's going on?

Also I have 6 games and 3 digital purchases and my hard drive is already 50% full :(

Syrus

Banned
lol I cant tell if Dead Rising 3 looks better, I always thought it looked good.

Anyone feel the scaler has been fixed?

EvB

After the update, going to Game and Apps, I have the queue section with 2 games waiting to be installed, Forza 5 and AC 4. But under my games, I already have those games installed. Any idea what's going on?

Also I have 6 games and 3 digital purchases and my hard drive is already 50% full :(

updates?

Top Bottom