• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One February update is rolling out

EvB

Hello. Could you guys give us a better way to switch between 50Hz and 60Hz, so that it isn't a choice between judder in games or with TV? That would be lovely.

Once it is fixed you won't need to switch as the TV itself is 60hz.

nate75

Just got the update in the UK fired up Dead Rising 3 and Black Flag , no more filter and black levels look fine too although i use limited rgb.Took about 2 mins to update

Caayn

It's been no longer then a couple hours with the new update but seeing the old "my games & apps" section already feels old and empty.

Really like the new look of it. Kudos.

Edit:
Albert one question. Does this have anything to do with the 8% GPU reservation rumor?
*Significant performance and stability improvements

Anybody in New York got the update yet?
9BtVQou.png

Unity2012

I was a bit skeptical about the scaler upgrade so I checked Tomb Raider DE and AC Black Flag, and yes, it is indeed better; nice visual improvements, worth the update.

Great update.

Gurrry

to get update:

make sure auto updates are on in settings

turn off xbox one for 5-10 minutes

look for flashing white xbox logo on the console

turn on xbox one

green loading bar indicates it is installing

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Anyone notice frame rate improvements? I wondered if the scaler could have affected it on some games such as DR3/AC4.

dlynch343

Banned
to get update:

turn on xbox one

Ive done that a few time and nothing. (from UK)

Taurus

Europe here. Just updated. Got the update running by switching to Instant-on, then shutting down the console and just waiting. After 5-10 minutes the update started. Dashboard feels much more responsive now and Skype turned on a lot faster than earlier. Don't have time to play anything so can't comment on the sharpening filter thingy. Also, dat controller battery indicator. B)

derFeef

to get update:

turn on xbox one

Also be sure you are in the area the update is rolled out to, lol.

Delt31

two questions

1) For those that say it looks better, are you comparing before and after full RGB or limited? Hopefully full b/c before it was crushed.

2) how do you remove a tile from the main default screen? For example, the tile underneath the large window which show you the game you're playing. Right now I have a can't install forza message with a !! and it's so annoying need to get rid of it.

arhra

Ive done that a few time and nothing. (from UK)

I'm in the UK, and I think I just got it now. Powered off and got the flashing light, going to power up now to check.

edit: Or maybe not. No update yet, but got a flashing logo when I powered it off again, but only for 20s or so...

Caayn

two questions

1) For those that say it looks better, are you comparing before and after full RGB or limited? Hopefully full b/c before it was crushed.

2) how do you remove a tile from the main default screen? For example, the tile underneath the large window which show you the game you're playing. Right now I have a can't install forza message with a !! and it's so annoying need to get rid of it.
1. Full before and full after the update.
2. You can't edit the tiles on your "Home" screen. You can only edit the tiles on the "Pins" screen.
Windows 8 like customization would be very welcome for these screens.
well tried to sign in to live, walked away for a second then this...
You're a couch O_O

EvB

It's the whole update as opposed to the latest patch only, I think.

I'd rather wait then resort to this. Sounds dangerous lol.

I'm just doing mine now, I think it only pulls across the files it needs anyway.

I did it earlier but was using the old file, so it went through the same process but didn't update anything

This seems like a really silly update method where they or the system decide when to update as opposed to offering you the choice. Has anyone figured out a way to force it, or just how/when it updates in general?

chadskin

Once it is fixed you won't need to switch as the TV itself is 60hz.

The issue he has, I believe, is that the TV signal in Europe is 50hz while games are 60hz. If you force 50hz, games stutter, if you force 60hz, TV stutters. At least that's how I understood the whole thing. I doubt they'll ever be able to fix that for us Europeans.

Delt31

1. Full before and full after the update.
2. You can't edit the tiles on your "Home" screen. You can only edit the tiles on the "Pins" screen.
Windows 8 like customization would be very welcome for these screens.
You're a couch O_O

thanks. So there is no way to remove this warning tile for a game I no longer have (forza)?

EvB

The issue he has, I believe, is that the TV signal in Europe is 50hz while games are 60hz. If you force 50hz, games stutter, if you force 60hz, TV stutters. At least that's how I understood the whole thing. I doubt they'll ever be able to fix that for us Europeans.

The TVs are all 60hz now, it's just that normally if they take in a 50hz signal they do the correct conversion so they don't judder.

The Xbox only outputs 60hz, but when it is receiving a 50hz signal it isn't converting it correctly, then is passing it through to the TV in a total juddery mess.

In other news the manual update when fine. The cold boot is super fast and I can straight away feel moving between apps is smoother

Top Bottom