• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One February update is rolling out

Drainer

Banned
What was the point of the battery indicator if it still doesn't notify you the battery is about to die?

So fucking stupid.

derFeef

What was the point of the battery indicator if it still doesn't notify you the battery is about to die?

So fucking stupid.

I said it before, they need to make the guide button on the controller start to blink - I mean they can update it so it certainly can be done.

Drainer

Banned
I said it before, they need to make the guide button on the controller start to blink - I mean they can update it so it certainly can be done.

No doubt it can be done.

Hell I'd be happy with a toast notification at this point.

Right now, the battery indicator is pointless. It might as well not be there.

also haven't got the update haha, still

i guess they want me to keep need for speed, ryse, forza and battlefield on my hard drive forever

MS please :'(

Lima

No no no

Get away with that shit. Was so distracting on the 360. Make it a popup notification like Sony has.

also haven't got the update haha, still

i guess they want me to keep need for speed, ryse, forza and battlefield on my hard drive forever

MS please :'(

Because you can't delete them right now without the update right?

Smh

derFeef

No no no

Get away with that shit. Was so distracting on the 360. Make it a popup notification like Sony has.

A subtle blink, does not need to be excessive. Both would be good imo. The controller itself needs to check the battery life, even if it's not connected to the Xbox.

Because you can't delete them right now without the update right?

Smh

no, i sold/traded all those games and it disappeared from sight, and i checked recent games and its not there

i tried pinning it to the dashboard from the store but it asks me to buy it, no option to delete it

put that smh to Microsoft

Caayn

no, i sold/traded all those games and it disappeared from sight, and i checked recent games and its not there

i tried pinning it to the dashboard from the store but it asks me to buy it, no option to delete it

put that smh to Microsoft
Uhmm if they're not under the "my games & apps" section than they're not installed.

MCD

Still disappointing that there is no external storage support nor there is a real storage management in Settings area.

123rl

This is pathetic now. I've just got a beta key for Titanfall and still had no OS update.My console has been on and off for most of today and nothing

Settings>Console> Update Firmware.

Seriously, MS, add this to the next fucking update!

EvB

For those with the update: do you perceive any difference with the analog stick controls?

No, but I believe a firmware update for a controller requires you to do a particular process with a USB cable.

My controller drifts in titanfall both pre and post update, never have had that in another game

Uhmm if they're not under the "my games & apps" section than they're not installed.

I wish but its still installed , last time I had the games I had the option to uninstall and I wish it magically went away but its there.
:(

This is pathetic now. I've just got a beta key for Titanfall and still had no OS update.My console has been on and off for most of today and nothing

Settings>Console> Update Firmware.

Seriously, MS, add this to the next fucking update!

you can still play it? I've been playing all morning and I don't have the update , I downloaded the beta on Thursday though.

No, but I believe a firmware update for a controller requires you to do a particular process with a USB cable.

My controller drifts in titanfall both pre and post update, never have had that in another game

I was worried my control was broken it drifts to the right sometimes. I noticed it in training but haven't had issues in an actual match with the analog drifting.

Heysoos

I just finally got the update. Woke up this morning, turned it on and saw nothing so I just turned it off. Go grab a glass of water, come back and see my Xbox light blinking. Turn it un, it's updating! :)

I keep trying to download the Titanfall beta and it keeps going from installing to queued. I press resume installation and then literally seconds later it goes back to queued. I don't see anything else installing in My Games

Will a game download get queue if a system update is being download (my Xbox hasn't updated yet) ?

Decided to put xbox in standby for a while to give it time...

btags

I honestly don't understand how the hell you are supposed to get the update. My xbox has been in stand by all night and nothing.

theytookourjobz

That can't be the case, can it? The XB1 doesn't come with a cable to connect the controller.

derFeef

Nope. According to Albert you just need to pair it with the console and it should be done.

arhra

UK, still no update. This is so silly that I don't really care any more

UK here, just installed a minute ago. Not sure how long it'd been pending, I'd had my system off for a few hours. Went to turn it on because my Titanfall beta code finally arrived, and found it wasn't responding to voice, and the power brick's light had turned orange.

kmg90

I do not own a Xbox One but would like some clarification about the update process...

When the update was rolled out, the system randomly decides to check for a system update? It doesn't do a check upon say booting from cold and trying to connect to live (aka to connect to Xbox Live you need to update the system a la Xbox 360?)

Also there is no "manual" update check function?

Too risky. I don't see how I'm whining when I point out how it's absolutely ridiculous to do system updates like this.

I had no problem with the manual update using a USB key. It's fairly simple and Titanfall looks better with the new scaler, so it's worth the hassle. :)

danwarb

I do not own a Xbox One but would like some clarification about the update process...

When the update was rolled out, the system randomly decides to check for a system update? It doesn't do a check upon say booting from cold and trying to connect to live (aka to connect to Xbox Live you need to update the system a la Xbox 360?)

Also there is no "manual" update check function?

It downloads while the system is at stand-by/off. Unless it's set to energy saving mode where it downloads on the next start-up.
I don't think it's missed. Whole design of X1 is to blend in without flashy lights etc so I say it's intentional.

The light could change in some other subtle way then. Right now the controller just drops dead when it's done.

Prine

Banned
All i did (UK here) was turn off my console (Xbox turn off), waited 10 mins, turned it back on and it was updating with the green bar. This was yesterday at 11pm. No issues here.

Woke up, turned on my X1 and it started installing.....that was easy. From my quick look at it, update is really nice. Everything looks cleaner and quicker. Apps section is vastly improved. Still wish Achievements were fixed

EvB

Too risky. I don't see how I'm whining when I point out how it's absolutely ridiculous to do system updates like this.

It's no riskier than a normal update, the process is the same . Download an update and install an update.

This way us perhaps somewhat safer as it actually the method you use should the standard method fail this is what you do to recover it.

Woke up, turned on my X1 and it started installing.....that was easy. From my quick look at it, update is really nice. Everything looks cleaner and quicker. Apps section is vastly improved. Still wish Achievements were fixed

what you want from achievements to be fixed?

Top Bottom