• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One February update is rolling out

Haklong

I like the improvements made to achievements and upload. Upload now has smaller icons for your clips. They also have the name/title you gave the clip on the icon itself. It's also easier to go home when watching other players videos. And it also has a green check mark for videos you actually uploaded. For achievements if you go to your notification and look at a new achievement, there is a button right there to see more achievements.

I like the improvements made to achievements and upload. Upload now has smaller icons for your clips. They also have the name/title you gave the clip on the icon itself. It's also easier to go home when watching other players videos. And it also has a green check mark for videos you actually uploaded. For achievements if you go to your notification and look at a new achievement, there is a button right there to see more achievements.

How about these things mentioned:

Improved UI for accessing friends, achievements, messages, and party chat

What did they do with friends, messages and party chat?

Haklong

How about these things mentioned:

Improved UI for accessing friends, achievements, messages, and party chat

What did they do with friends, messages and party chat?

I didn't notice a difference with any of those yet. Maybe the March update will improve those. Achievements and upload both are the only ones that I noticed a real difference in.

great, now my XB1 doesn't sound when connected to the HDMI soundbar :facepalm, and I tried every single sound option

it worked before the update...

Majanew

Banned
I can't get the update no matter what, and I don't have a flashdrive anymore to use that method. I am not playing any games until the patch. Atlanta, GA

jbug617

Banned
Saw this on Reddit. I think we can record videos longer than 5 minutes.
UdsRYNV.jpg

Purexed

Banned
Everything about the Xbox One is cumbersome and half-assed. In 2014, the fact a "modern" operating system doesn't have a "check for updates" option blows my mind. My flash drives are at my office so basically I'm waiting until the damn thing gets around to downloading its update.

Edit - And right after that rant, my One starts the blinkity-blink action and I've got a green bar now. Go figure LOL!

Don't like how they're displayed. I prefer'd the 360's achievements look.

If nothing else, they should swap the unlocked and locked achievements around so that the locked ones display first in the list. As it is now, you have to scroll all the way past the ones you've already unlocked to see the ones you haven't, which is even more annoying now that games can apparently have an unlimited number of achievements (KI already has over 100). In general, I'm far more interested in looking at the ones I haven't unlocked yet (and my progress towards them).

Everything about the Xbox One is cumbersome and half-assed. In 2014, the fact a "modern" operating system doesn't have a "check for updates" option blows my mind. My flash drives are at my office so basically I'm waiting until the damn thing gets around to downloading its update.

Edit - And right after that rant, my One starts the blinkity-blink action and I've got a green bar now. Go figure LOL!

Kinect heard you bitching, lol

I dont understand why the clock and battery indicator don't just stay at the bottom, what does it solve by having them disappear for a completely black background?

I know you can press the guide button and it'll reappear but before I opened the blu-ray player (with my controller on) it would only show the clock...

Another observation: HDD has 57% used, and 157.1gb free, my maths might be off here but that means theres around 365gb useable in a 500gb HDD. How much is lost in formatting? 30/40gb? Whats happening to the other 100gb? Surely the OS/Kinect isn't using up that much :S

BraXzy

It just downloaded for me here in the UK.

Turned the Xbox off into stanby mode and waited 15 minutes. Download happened automatically as it came on, you can't miss it.

Hubble

I highly agree. The Xbox twitter friend system is my biggest annoyance with the console. It feels so disconnected. Bring back the old friend system and have the followers as an extension to it, so you can choose to send an actual friend invite or simply follow a person.

As for the 100 friends limit on the 360. MS can show the 100 people that you have been a friend with for the longest time. They've already given away that they have means to know hoe long people have been friends with each other. So it should be doable.

Edit: Really hope that this is coming in the march update and not just a reskin of the UI.

We should really start a petition to bring the friends and party system the same as 360, integrated, and not a separate app as it is now. It just does not make sense, it isn't easier, and it's obtrusive. Having it built in like the 360 is a TON better and makes more sense. Not everything needs its own app. The way it is now extremely annoys me especially when I'm still using my 360.

Sanic

Tomb raider locks up on me since doing the update.

I can get to the main menu, but the game freezes up right as it finishes loading a save.

vrln

Neo Member
Note for Microsoft: Add a "check updates" option to the settings.

Still nothing here, would like to get rid of the sharpening filter in Titanfall...

Navigating with Kinect gestures became my favorite new feature after this update. Not that it recognizes my hand raised every time, it's actually a pretty nifty way to pan around the long list of tiles. They need to fix Netflix navigation with it, though, it's terribad.

But I fell like this update has been under tested... I'm getting some random issues as well lockups/freezes that didn't happened before:

- Since yesterday my xbone lost the image signal (the TV was receiving a image, it was just black, while the sounds were perfect) out of no where twice already.

- I'm getting a lot more crashes, sometimes the apps simply stop working (Netflix for instance, won't start any video, it loads up to 99% and them gets stuck), and force quitting/reopening them doesn't help.

- Sometimes the console simply won't start any game or app, this usually happens after a lock up described above.

- There are times it seems Kinect gets broken. The hand cursor shows up, and it shows my gestures are being recognized, but the UI won't respond to the gestures... After a while the hand cursor also stops showing up. One time that it happened not even the controller worked (but it felt like the system was still running).

- I'm having issues with BF4. I start the game, it won't recognize the China Rising DLC (but the other always is recognized). When it happens, even if I choose another map list it never gets into the game, after loading the match I get stuck in a black screen, with no way to come back unless I restart BF4 (but it keeps looping on the same error, until I reset the console)...

All those errors go away with a reset, but none of them happened even once before, and now since yesterday it's happening fairly constantly.

vrln

Neo Member
Still no update, Norway. Anyone still doesn't have it yet?
Appreciate the feedback.

Maybe they are ip-restricting it to "official" countries? I hope not though, but I haven´t gotten the update here in Finland either.

B3N1

Maybe they are ip-restricting it to "official" countries? I hope not though, but I haven´t gotten the update here in Finland either.

Nah, I got it this morning in Hungary. Went to Settings, Check XBL connection, then left it in sleep. When I came back from shower, and powered it on, I was greeted by the green bar.

However a friend who I played TF Beta with this evening still hasn't got it.

IRQ

Banned
That's what I want to know. Albert, are you here? Could you please answer this?

TheZink

Hey guys,

I dont currently own a Xbone but was thinking of picking one up again.

Can anyone confirm Kinect hearing your voice any better?

I returned mine because of problems with my kinect.

Ive hear chatter that this is true.

Thanks

PS I know about calibration. :)

MCD

- Since yesterday my xbone lost the image signal (the TV was receiving a image, it was just black, while the sounds were perfect) out of no where twice already.

This happened to me since day 1. Apparently, it's called HDMI handshake. Only fix is to switch the channel in your receiver or on/off.

Top Bottom