• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One February update is rolling out

Small change but a huge difference. Was really annoying before.

How do you get the update to trigger?
I made sure Power mode is set to "Instant On" is enabled and "Automatically download updates is checked". (Settings --> power & startup)

I did a network test.

I shut down the One. It started after 3 or 4 minutes, as evidenced by the white Xbox logo blinking on the console.

U2NUMB

So I have the update.. my apps section looks new.. why do I not see a battery indicator next to my clock?

Edit: Odd.. I had to restart to get that icon to show up... but it is there now.

Lirrik

I've been restarting my Xbox One for like 20 times, tried cold boot and switched settings, but nothing triggered update. Then I did network tests (all 3 of them just for sure), turned it off with instant on and after several minutes it finally started downloading.

MCD

I've been restarting my Xbox One for like 20 times, tried cold boot and switched settings, but nothing triggered update. Then I did network tests (all 3 of them just for sure), turned it off with instant on and after several minutes it finally started downloading.

I think you were just lucky... I did all that about 10 times already and nothing for me yet :(

danwarb

Um, Kinect just got a lot better.

It can see my hand gestures, with hidden legs way off to one side. It would never pick me up here before. It's now useful and feels much more consistant.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
It doesn't say that it needs to be plugged in. It'll do it when the controller syncs.

My guess: This is why some people are saying that the battery indicator is not showing up right away... The controller is updating.

They're not updating the controller lol, more like the software that the controller uses.

Caayn

So the controller changes take effect after you've turned on your controller after the update?Or do I need to hook it up via a wire to let the changes sync?
Edit beaten by Albert Penello. Thanks for clearing that up.
how the heck do i actually download the update?
You wait, there's no "check for updates" button. MS is rolling out the update in waves, it will probably pop-up this weekend.

So anyone know if the light on power brick will turn to orange when the update goes through? I have it sitting in standby but not too keen on staring at the console itself. Figured checking the power brick every 5-10 minutes or so would be an easier process if the light does indeed change.

BondFancy

So anyone know if the light on power brick will turn to orange when the update goes through? I have it sitting in standby but not too keen on staring at the console itself. Figured checking the power brick every 5-10 minutes or so would be an easier process if the light does indeed change.

Didn't pay attention to the power brick, but I did notice that the Xbox Logo on the Xbox One did flash a few times while it was off in instant on mode. Then soon as I turned it on I was greeted with a green update bar.

No. When the controller binds itself to the console upon restart, the update happens automatically.

basically, if you have the new update, and your controller is bound to your console, then it worked.

Albert

Could you pass on feedback for a screenshot capability for a future update ?

Thanks

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
This should also make the scaler much better. Anyone with the Titanfall beta should try a before/after :)

danwarb

No. When the controller binds itself to the console upon restart, the update happens automatically.

basically, if you have the new update, and your controller is bound to your console, then it worked.

Hello. Could you guys give us a better way to switch between 50Hz and 60Hz, so that it isn't a choice between judder in games or with TV? That would be lovely.

LowerLevel

I couldn't use voice to turn my One on. Also my TV didn't detect the HDMI it was connected to until I manually turned the Xb1 on so maybe it goes to a full turn off mode?

Unity2012

In the past, if you held the Xbox button for long it will quickly bring you to a: Turn off console or turn off controller options; turn off console used to be the default button so if you clicked that by mistake (and I did a few times), your session was over.

Now, we get a close button option as default. It allows us to choose without the risk of turning something off by mistake.

Details like this count. Thanks MS.

Norse

xbox on.....settings...turned instant on off. xbox off...turned on..settings..turned on instant on. xbox off....wait 5-10 mins and light started to flash slowly. xbox on...finished updating. done

6ish in Minnesota

EvB

I just tried doing the manual installation, but it didn't do anything.

When I looked at the notes in the file it doesn't actually have todays update in it. doh.

Just hope your xbox doesn't fail in the update as you need that file to fix it!

Cartman86

Banned
Doing a network test on the 360 would force a network update (if there was one). Does the One do this? Assuming of course you have been "chosen".

Top Bottom