• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Installation manual leaked

Sep 5, 2012
Utah
Hmm... Yup. That's a manual.

Someone please translate this for me. :p

Edit: So new Kinect recommends a distance of 1.4m for one player. Old Kinect was 1.8m. Not bad. A pretty decent improvement. Will help my small room.

Insane Metal

Mar 11, 2006
Br
At least 1.4m for one person and 1.8m for 2 people (distance from Kinect sensor).

Also, they recommend a 720p or higher res TV.

besada

Banned
Feb 16, 2007
S¡mon;87165724 said:
What? You still need batteries for a nex-gen system controller?
I'd rather have a choice, thanks. My eneloops are looking forward to their new home.

sixteen-bit

Aug 16, 2006
S¡mon;87165724 said:
What? You still need batteries for a nex-gen system controller?
This was know for months, and back then it was one of the only consumer-friendly things MS was doing.

Dragon

Banned
Jul 7, 2007
I'd rather have a choice, thanks. My eneloops are looking forward to their new home.
Enjoy that Kinect 2.0 and the choice to put it in your drawer or drop kick it into the dumpster outside your apartment.

Des0lar

will learn eventually
May 31, 2007
Hmm... Yup. That's a manual.

Someone please translate this for me. :p

Edit: So new Kinect recommends a distance of 1.4m for one player. Old Kinect was 1.8m. Not bad. A pretty decent improvement. Will help my small room.
Yo I can't read Spanish :(
It's portuguese and you can probably understand most of it, just because most words are comparable to english. I know I just did without speaking a word portuguese

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Jun 10, 2004
Windsor, UK
Shit that further than i can give it, how far was the last one 2m?.
how close are you?

I'm probably fucked by the coffee table - does it say anything about needing full line of sight for your whole body? If I'm sitting down it shouldn't matter, but kinect 1 was a fussy bastard.

Guevara

Jul 27, 2009
Xbox Gold paragraph and note:

Get Xbox Live Gold
• Experience unrivaled multiplayer games with an intelligent system for creating games.
• Enjoy HD movies, TV shows, music and sports.
• Use Skype, Internet Explorer and other entertainment applications.
• In addition, anyone in your home can access the benefits of Xbox Live on your Xbox Gold One *
Learn more at xbox.com / goldonxboxone

* The Xbox Live Gold subscription, games and media content sold separately. Subscriptions and / or additional requirements apply for some
resources, including Xbox Music. Resources and content available may vary by region / country and over time. Some benefits may not be Gold
shared, access limited to a single Xbox One designated member in the house of Gold; restrictions apply. See xbox.com / live.​

Dragon

Banned
Jul 7, 2007
Actually, it's May 2014.
Ugh. So really if I'm talking seriously, the only reason I'd use the Kinect is showing my face while streaming to the one person that'd care about me playing Battlefield 4 through Twitch.

GashPrex

NeoGaf-Gold™ Member
Jun 7, 2004
The real dilemma for me is pre-wiring for Kinect in a whole house distribution setup...

Busty

Banned
Aug 26, 2006
The manual's center spread of Shane Kim took me by surprise.

...., the dude has been working out.