• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Installation manual leaked

Caayn

Are people actually arguing for batteries over L-ion?

If I had to go put in new batteries every time my controller depleted i'd have spent enough money to buy several games by now.
Why would you use non-rechargeable batteries for controllers?

Shadey Snipez

Neo Member
Sanyo-Eneloop-XX-4-AA-Pack.jpg

couple eneloops and i'll be good

I can't wait to 1) hear about all the people complain after turning their XB1's vertically, and 2) find out what happens when you turn the XB1 vertically.

shootfast

So same as DS3 then ;-)

Have you seen inside the ds4? Will the ds3 third party batteries work with the ds4? How easy is it to replace the battery? Do i need special tools to replace the battery? I don't live in the US so how easy is it for me to acquire the these batteries? What price will these batteries cost? How many people throw out their dead controller vs replacing the battery? How do I know it's the battery and not something else dead in the controller?

Sony did design the ds4 to die, sure you can give the ds3 a heart transplant but there isn't a third party donor atm for the ds4 and we don't know how hard the surgery is going to be if at all possible on the ds4.

FranXico

Have you seen inside the ds4? Will the ds3 third party batteries work with the ds4? How easy is it to replace the battery? Do i need special tools to replace the battery? I don't live in the US so how easy is it for me to acquire the these batteries? What price will these batteries cost? How many people throw out their dead controller vs replacing the battery? How do I know it's the battery and not something else dead in the controller?

Sony did design the ds4 to die, sure you can give the ds3 a heart transplant but there isn't a third party donor atm and we don't know how hard the surgery is going to be.

My freaking sixaxis controller from 2007 still works...

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The day one update has nothing to do with the DRM. It's that the system is shipping with a stub operating system. The day one update is downloading the operating system. Without the update, you don't have an OS.

I thought it was cute so many people think it takes months to update the OS to remove DRM.

When the correct answer is the far more simple: "The OS was not ready for launch".

shootfast

My freaking sixaxis controller from 2007 still works...

Good for you, just pointing out why removable battery > non removable battery. My 360 controller runs out batteries all the time and I just pop in another pair of eneloops. With the ds3 it pisses me off that I have to plug in the usb cable and sit pretty much right next to the tv if I run out of battery :(

Xbox Gold paragraph and note:

Get Xbox Live Gold
• Experience unrivaled multiplayer games with an intelligent system for creating games.
• Enjoy HD movies, TV shows, music and sports.
• Use Skype, Internet Explorer and other entertainment applications.
• In addition, anyone in your home can access the benefits of Xbox Live on your Xbox Gold One *
Learn more at xbox.com / goldonxboxone​

holy shit. I wonder if you need Gold to update the system too. so many features behind the paywall. is there a list of what you can do with Silver only?

dave_m123

Get Xbox Live Gold
• Experience unrivaled multiplayer games with an intelligent system for creating games.
• In addition, anyone in your home can access the benefits of Xbox Live on your Xbox Gold One *
Learn more at xbox.com / goldonxboxone

* The Xbox Live Gold subscription, games and media content sold separately. Subscriptions and / or additional requirements apply for some
resources, including Xbox Music. Resources and content available may vary by region / country and over time. Some benefits may not be Gold
shared, access limited to a single Xbox One designated member in the house of Gold; restrictions apply. See xbox.com / live.​
Will never understand Microsoft's stupid restrictions with Xbox live gold. I'll never subscribe to it.

The Lamp

Get Xbox Live Gold
Learn more at xbox.com / goldonxboxone

* The Xbox Live Gold subscription, games and media content sold separately. Subscriptions and / or additional requirements apply for some
resources, including Xbox Music. Resources and content available may vary by region / country and over time. Some benefits may not be Gold
shared, access limited to a single Xbox One designated member in the house of Gold; restrictions apply. See xbox.com / live.​

So you can't do fucking anything without gold except play single player games?

Hawkins

Banned
I do not know what language that is, but luckily I have common sense and can decipher the picture like Egyptian hieroglyphics.

Top Bottom