• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One is REQUIRED to be online at least once every 24 hours.

This is shaping up to be a worst reveal than the Saturn's "secret" launch.

EDIT: Has phil been working for Sony all along and been planting these stupid fucking ideas inside MS?

I'm literally laughing out loud now. Someone at MS tell Phil to shut up for today. Lol he's dropping bombs.
So is Don Mattrick who plainly said the opposite to Geoff Keighley on Spike TV.
He looked nervous as fuck answering that question. I'd also honestly take Phil's word over Don's any day.

YOU'VE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME.

Remember when PS3 did this for some gamesharing stuff, like Final Fight and whatnot?

Apply that to all your games.

WAT

I... I.... I.... oh my, I can't believe it just doesn't stop.... It's like Nintendo and Microsoft felt bad for what happened to Sony this generation.

GHG

Gold Member
So I have to be granted permission to play the games I buy and then I have to connect once every 24 hours in order to keep playing the game despite already having had permission granted?

Wow, when you put it like that, its not so bad.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
How long before Harrison takes off his mask and is revealed to be Kaz in disguise?

And that's how you won't just be able to disconnect your Xbox One from the internet to keep playing the game you sold your friend.

Lakitu

st5fu
Good to know that when my internet goes down for 3 days at a time that I won't be able to use the product/s I paid for.

k-bigpic.jpg

Exactly. Always Online is confirmed, no matter what bullshit way they try to spin it's effects.

UberTag

We need to start a REHIRE ADAM ORTH movement.
The reality is worse than any and all ominous rumors we have contemplated!

Hmm.. So if I have no internet for two days because of a storm int he mountains, I can't play my Xbox one.

>.> DRM at it's finest. Blocking me from gaming, when I probably want to game the most.

Wait. So I'm confused. One of the biggest complaints about Always Online was this, wasn't it?

"What if my Internet goes out."

So... why are we against this now? You have an entire day to connect/be offline. I doubt anyone's Internet goes out for an entire day.

I'm still not seeing a problem with always online, especially not if it's so lenient that it's just once ever 24 hours. Offline play is still possible and you'll probably NEVER notice this.

Top Bottom