• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One is REQUIRED to be online at least once every 24 hours.

Metaroo

I mean... or what? I really can't wait until we get more clarification. This is just a fucking mess.

Edit: THAT GIF. I cant breathe

9soQXGx.gif

Lmao

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
wait

That means it IS always online, they just set the server timeout to 24 hours!

Majanew

Banned
Good god. I hope Xbox One is a huge failure when it releases. Smug fucking assholes.
And your system is even weaker on top of all the dumbass decisions.

Manu

Not a big deal for me, my Internet has been down for more than a day exactly zero times since broadband became a thing, I think the benefit of always online and cloud services outweighs the negatives.

Typical "I've never had normal people problems so fuck them" post.

lol at all the people who so badly wanted to debate "always online" versus "always connected". At the end of the day the rumors consistently indicated some sort of online requirement for a reason.

Mindlog

Pass. I have a much better system that requires online activation yet lets me play offline without checking in if necessary.
bfpFAfU.jpg

VALIS

I gets worse and worse...

That actually sounds way better. Games need to authenticate once every 24hrs, otherwise you can play them offline as much as you want.

I don't understand why people are saying this is worse. The previous rumor was ALWAYS online, not one check per 24hrs.

Persona7

Banned
That blows if true. I constantly play games in a room in my house without a internet connection. I can get a wireless connection in there but I just sometimes prefer to be offline.

commedieu

Banned
Enjoy your next gen, this is what you've been voting with your wallet for 7 years an al half already. Why are you not happy? I thought you would be orgasming for having more and more fees and online requirements and serial code passes and stuff

+1

I'm scratching my head here. The only positive response to the bad news in all the threads here was that at least they didn't require always online.

Now they do.

Are they trying to fuck up?

IT CAN'T ACTUALLY BE THIS HORRIBLE

LOL

OMG

I'M LAUGHING MY ASS OFF OVER HERE

I know, right?

Murrah

Banned
I can't speak for my brethren, but I'm willing to embrace all who have spoken poorly of my Nintendo masters in the past back into the fold. My feet are ready to be washed with your hair

Top Bottom