• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One launch lineup announced (Crimson Dragon!)

AMAZING! GLORIOUS!

Best launch lineup ever? Cannot wait.

I think it is. Top of the genre kind of titles that cover most of the bases. I'd actually have a hard time choosing what to bring home with the console. I don't recall a launch lineup like this, not even Dreamcast as legendary as that launch was.

Derrick01

Banned
That's an embarrassingly bad lineup compared to 360. Not a single game I would even bother playing, let alone anything I would be excited to play.

edit: Exclusive anyway. I'd buy the third party games on PS4/PC.

Looks like the Wii U lineup. I wonder if people will decide to upgrade to next gen this time.
0007_lyu8.gif

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Ugh..don't give it to him. He's not worth it.

He actually does have a point. Hell, nothing there is proven and that includes 3rd party stuff.

I already noted the games I'd like but the rest I can either get on PC/PS4 or I just don't care about enough.

That WiiU comparison is laughable as well. What a shame.

If that's what will make you sleep better at night then go with it. I'm not playing around though.

yeah i think you are talking shit. There are some fantastic games on there - even if you dont like them.

You said "That's an embarrassingly bad lineup compared to 360. Not a single game I would even bother playing,"

• Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft) *depending on reviews.
• Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
• Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
• Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
• Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
• FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
• Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
• Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
• Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
• Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios) x 3 Digital Copies
• LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
• Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
• Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
• NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
• NBA LIVE 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
• Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
• Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
• Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
• Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
• Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
• Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
• Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
• Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zoë Mode, Majesco)

SO not one of those games you think are worth playing?

Embarrassingly bad? really? What console has had a stronger launch lineup than this? The only one i can think of is the Dreamcast. Even then - this seems much stronger. I think you are just trying to sound cool by hating everything - seems to be your schtick.

Tamanon

Banned
Good launch lineup, really really heavy on the cross-gen stuff though. So it'll be a weird situation where a game won't be listed as launching on the PS4 like Call of Duty, but it'll be available at the same time.

He actually does have a point. Hell, nothing there is proven and that includes 3rd party stuff.

I already noted the games I'd like but the rest I can either get on PC/PS4 or I just don't care about enough.

you believe every game on there is "embarrassingly bad" and "not worth playing"? You truly believe that?

Rootbeer

Banned
Though Crimson Dragon might be an RPG. Almost got excited. Looked it up and... it's a rails shooter? Just once I'd like to get a halfway decent RPG in a console launch window.

Billen

Banned
God how depressed I will be if the PS4 list looks the same. It looks as if someone made a list for fun some years ago, making up version numbers on the go.

-Yeah, and imagine when the NEXT console comes! Dead Rising 3, Battlefield 4, Fifa 14, Madden NFL 25, Half Life 3 and so on!
-Yeah man, the future is totally awesome.

I should clarify; I truly believe a lot of those games will be awesome to play. It's just that I feel that we are living in a swamp of rehashed games.

KAOS

Didn't know Crimson Dragon was launch! That's a very promising launch line up. Sony better launch early cause my wallet won't be able to take it.

Killer Instinct (Ultra Edition)
Forza 5
Dead Rising 3
Ryse Son of Rome
Peggle 2
Crimson Dragon

And not to mention a couple of 3rd party games... geez!

Derrick01

Banned

I actually don't think it's laughable since if I had bought a Wii U on day 1 I would have bought Zombi U and NSMB. Not sure I would have liked them but they intrigued me enough to warrant a purchase.

I seriously don't know what I would get with this system. PDZ (online anyway), Kameo, PGR and Condemned were all awesome but the exclusives they're bringing out this time are falling flat. I guess I'd have to get Dead Rising? Don't really like the franchise but that's honestly the best game they've got so far.

......but no fucking date.

I just realized this!! Did they seriously not announce a release date? When are they supposed to?

They may be waiting for Sony to go first, then announce their own later in the week. I assume they want to keep the releases close, especially with the Free FIFA deal for Europe.

Fabrik

Banned
Other than Watch Dogs (And I'm waiting for Gaffers impressions on that one), that list doesn't interest me in the slightest. Good for my wallet I guess. Too much good stuff still coming for current gen, Wii U and 3DS. I won't jump in before 2015 probably unless there's a groundbreaking game ala Super Mario 64 coming out before.

x-Lundz-x

Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)

Peggle fucking 2, was this officially announced? Gameplay? Where the fuck have I beeeeen!

As I feel is going to be the norm for this next generation, there's a ton of platform overlap in that lineup. Is there enough there to convince (normal) people to drop $500 for a new machine?

Nothing here for me. Battlefield 4 is a PC purchase in my collection.

Maybe NFS Rivals or Watchdogs, but they are not system sellers for me.

von zipp

For a whole generation of gaming the catch cry has been "it's all about the games". Somehow this gen has started with "it's all about that DRM and RAM".
This is undoubtedly a solid launch lineup, and hopefully Sony can produce a similar lineup so we can get back to it being all about the games.

yeah i think you are talking shit. There are some fantastic games on there - even if you dont like them.

You said "That's an embarrassingly bad lineup compared to 360. Not a single game I would even bother playing,"

SO not one of those games you think are worth playing?

Embarrassingly bad? really? What console has had a stronger launch lineup than this? The only one i can think of is the Dreamcast. Even then - this seems much stronger. I think you are just trying to sound cool by hating everything - seems to be your schtick.
you believe every game on there is "embarrassingly bad" and "not worth playing"? You truly believe that?
Bro, I'm being serious. It really isn't worth it. He's looking forward to Killzone and Knack. And thinks there's nothing good on the XBO launch list. That's fine. Everyone has their own opinions.

Just don't let someone obvious disdain and negativity ruin this topic. Let it go.

'targeted to be available'

Interesting language.

That's a ton of games, though. Pretty impressive if it pans out.

I bet Xbox One won't release at late November if PS4 launch at late October,then some games like watch dogs won't be come with Xbox One release since watch dogs release pretty late

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals

Thank you for you unwavering MSFT loyalty. I've read your posts but never respond. If you want me to dig out some of your posts I will but as I sad, I've seen enough of you to know why you would jump the gun on a post like mine. If I'm being critical or pessimistic it's because that's what I feel as it is. Not everything on Xbone is stellar. I'm sure you can come to terms with that.

Tell me, where did I say "embarrassingly bad" and "not worth playing"? Even if I agreed with Derrick, I use different language so do not put words in my mouth.

If you're insulted at that then that's a you problem. I stand by my words.

Somnid

In a vacuum it's a great lineup, though if you own another console you're missing almost nothing. I would also be surprised if any of those are worth owning a year from now as there's a lot of yearly sequels.

Top Bottom