• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One launches in China 23rd September; pricing, bundles, apps, launch titles

Bringing unique value to the China market
  • Starting at ¥3,699 RMB, Xbox One will deliver tremendous value in China as the ultimate all-in-one gaming and entertainment system. In addition to blockbuster games like Forza Motorsport 5 being offered at ¥249 RMB, Xbox will offer additional value with Xbox Live Gold subscriptions available at ¥199 RMB. In addition, every Xbox One console will include:
  • Powerstar Golf and Neverwinter Online with a Special Edition Pack
  • The BesTV entertainment experience
    [*]Free access to Xbox Live Gold through March 2015
  • A localized Chinese interface, translated content and local payment methods
  • A two-year warranty and local customer service support from Microsoft and BesTV.

Microsoft and BesTV are also delighted to offer a special Day One limited edition console which includes Kinect for Xbox One, more games and exclusive offers such as:
  • A limited-edition commemorative China Day One controller;
  • Day One Achievement for your Xbox Live profile;
  • Kinect Sports Rivals, Forza Motorsport 5: Racing Game of the Year as well as the Neverwinter Online Commemorative Edition Pack, and Powerstar Golf with in-game credit

The best in premium entertainment – only on Xbox One
At launch, Xbox One will not only be home to a spectacular lineup of games but also a suite of entertainment experiences all on one box, including:

• TV and Movies: BesTV will bring hundreds of thousands of hours of entertainment content including blockbuster movies, sports, documentaries and on-demand TV programs – all in high definition. Owners of Xbox One in China will receive access to this content in addition to two free movies per month.
  • Sports: BesTV will unlock access to premium sports games such as English Premiere League (EPL) – free for the first year.
  • Xbox Live: Access to Xbox Live’s advanced multiplayer gaming experience, which opens up a pipeline of content that is always being updated and refreshed and connects users with a network of gamers.
  • Fitness: Xbox will bring the full Xbox Fitness library to China including a new fitness experience, Tai Chi, which is coming first to China.
  • Apps: Exclusive locally-developed apps will bolster a growing catalog of entertainment and other experiences on Xbox One, led by Tencent’s QQ Music, Douban FM, GameFY and Karaoke Master

Games said:
Exclusive titles from Microsoft Studios:
Expected to launch on Day One are popular titles from Microsoft Studios including, Forza Motorsport 5: Racing Game of the Year – the highest-rated racing franchise of this console generation, Kinect Sports Rivals, Powerstar Golf, Zoo Tycoon, and Max: The Curse of Brotherhood among others. Beyond launch, the Xbox One games portfolio will continue to grow with titles like Sunset Overdrive and Halo: The Master Chief Collection, which will bring the complete story of Halo’s legendary hero, the Master Chief, to life on one console for the very first time.

Games from the world’s leading developers:
Twelve of the world’s largest developers including Electronic Arts, Ubisoft and 2K are working to bring their gaming favorites to China.

Premium content from Chinese developers:
Thirteen of China’s best developers are already working to bring new IP and fan-favorite games to Xbox One, starting with Neverwinter Online from Perfect World and games from Gamebar and Yingpei Games. Additional games and experiences are in development from Snail Games, NetEase and Tencent to name a few.
MS making a lot of effort it seems, a lot more at the link

Perfect World CEO said:
“We are excited and honored to be among the first publishers in China bringing games to Xbox One,” said Robert Xiao, chief executive officer of Perfect World. “We have three studios working on Xbox games including Neverwinter Online, Celestial Sword and Project X and we can’t wait for Xbox fans in China to get their hands on them. For the six months following Xbox One’s launch, Neverwinter Online will be available only on Xbox One. Offering unlimited possibilities to developers, the launch of Xbox One in China will help take the game development industry to a whole new level.”

Via Xbox Wire

mrklaw

MrArseFace
games seem pretty cheap. Wonder if China will be the one exception to the 'region free' thing though?

That's a loads of game can officially release in China,such like Sunset Overdrive,WATCH_DOS or even Assassin creed Unity

Will make a full list later

Welfare

MS must have done some market research if they are going this far for China.
Or not, and they are just hoping China will buy.

Don't other countries just get Fifa 15 and Forza bundled in?

Chobel

If you buy games from China Xbox marketplace, will these game come with only Chinese language or you can change the language?

SephiZack

¥3,699 RMB is like 2-3 months of work for the average chinese guy (cost of life is much lower)

They're not going to sell much

MS must have done some market research if they are going this far for China.
Or not, and they are just hoping China will buy.

Don't other countries just get Fifa 15 and Forza bundled in?

They don't have even one desirable game by the standards of the Chinese market.

Where's DOTA2? Where's Crossfire?

This is practically the equivalent of Sony's PS4 launch in Japan, except slightly worse.

Hope China becomes the next big console market but I dont expect western games to do well.

¥3,699 RMB is like 2-3 months of work for the average chinese guy (cost of life is much lower)

They're not going to sell much

This is also not aimed at the average chinese guy but the upper middle class which is a group as big as a mid sized European country and growing. From a "purchasing power" standpoint, there is enough people, but it remains to be seen if there is audience for the traditional (console) industry.

Qvoth

i dunno man, if they can capture the craze like apple products do over there then price wouldn't be that much of a problem, wasn't there a boy who sold his kidney to buy an ipad?

SephiZack

Hope China becomes the next big console market but I dont expect western games to do well.

This is also not aimed at the average chinese guy but the upper middle class which is a group as big as a mid sized European country and growing. From a "purchasing power" standpoint, there is enough people, but it remains to be seen if there is audience for the traditional (console) industry.

Consoles were already available before, if any upper middle class person was interested in an Xbox One he would already have bought one.

And some of the biggest games in China right now are western (more precisely MOBA games)

China actually has the biggest middle class population in the world (like 200-300m). China is already one of the biggest markets for lots of foreign companies, just to list some:

Milestone: China Now General Motors' Biggest Market

China edges out U.S. as BMW's biggest market on 2013 sales

China is Volkswagen biggest market

China Apple's #2 largest country, on track to surpass the US as #1.

China world's biggest luxury consumer

NZNova

I expect it to go nowhere fast in China. Ready to be surprised, I guess, but I don't really see it going places.

doraemoe

I'm at least happy Microsoft is pushing for a healthy console market for China. After this many years console ban, Chinese console market is totally a disaster. But I kinda feel it still won't work cause ordinary people will not by a dedicated console while there is PC.

Plus, there is still no words on region lock or not.

China actually has the biggest middle class population in the world (like 200-300m). China is already one of the biggest markets for lots of foreign companies, just to list some:

Milestone: China Now General Motors' Biggest Market

China edges out U.S. as BMW's biggest market on 2013 sales

China is Volkswagen biggest market

China Apple's #2 largest country, on track to surpass the US as #1.

China world's biggest luxury consumer

Chinese love things that you can show off to other people, that is why Apple, luxury, cars are popular. Console is not considered as a thing you can show off. The most things I heard when I talk to other people I play console games are: "what? You pay for games?"

China actually has the biggest middle class population in the world (like 200-300m). China is already one of the biggest markets for lots of foreign companies, just to list some

The problem with gaming in Asian markets is that it's predominantly youngsters/teenagers, and there's a social stigma against gaming that is perceived as being childish and something you grow up from.

That's a main reason why cybercafe/PC gaming is huge in Asian markets, because it allows youngsters/kids to play outside of the home where gaming is not recommended, investment upfront is very low, there's no need to pay for individual content, and it nurtures a gaming community that is online + local co-op/competitive at the same time. And because PC is a natural investment for things beyond gaming, but PC becomes the all-in-one hub for work and play.

China is a huge, huge, huge market for games. The problem is that it already has a king on the throne of that market, and it's called F2P and mobile. That is where the growth will be, and unless consoles bow to that king, consoles will never find a meaningful growth in China, because F2P's growth will outpace it 10x over.

Chinese love things that you can show off to other people, that is why Apple, luxury, cars are popular. Console is not considered as a thing you can show off. The most things I heard when I talk to other people I play console games are: "what? You pay for games?"

Another point. Paying for games is laughable in China.

What is this Shanghai Free-Trade Zone thing all about then?

Can it only be sold within that zone? 11 square miles isn't going to be selling them many I would have thought?

nightever

What is this Shanghai Free-Trade Zone thing all about then?

Can it only be sold within that zone? 11 square miles isn't going to be selling them many I would have thought?

Consoles can be sold in mainland China. The company making and selling consoles should be registered in the zone.

DOTA, League of Legends, NBA2K F2P,and FIFA Online3 are some of the most popular games in China.

Consoles were already available before, if any upper middle class person was interested in an Xbox One he would already have bought one.

And some of the biggest games in China right now are western (more precisely MOBA games)

The average upper middle class person isn't importing his/her stuff from overseas, that's only for the hardcore gamer to do. Once things are officially available, we'll see the true demand.

When I say "western game" I obviously mean those popular on the console side and not PC side.

Freeman

Banned
Another thing to cross off the chalkboard.

China probably won't matter until the console is much cheaper.

shandy706

Does this mean Neverwinter will be coming to the rest of the world around then on Xbone too?

First time I heard of Neverwinter on X1 at all.

A google search says it's coming in 2015 on the X1 outside of China.

Is it a popular game there? I know some Free to play MMORPGs do well there. No idea which ones though.

How cheap is building/buying a gaming PC in China? Is a capable Neverwinter playing system at that price a good deal?

Xbox One games approved in China so far:
- UBI:《Assassins Creed Unity》、《Watch_dogs》、《The Division》、《Just Dance 2014》、《Shape Up》、《Rayman Legends》
  - Perfect World:《Neverwinter Online》、《逆刃》、《最终兵器》(No one know those 2's english name yet)
  - EA:《Titanfall》
  - 2K Games:《NBA 2K15》、《Evolve》
  - Epic China:《Global Mission online 2》
  - Microsoft:《Forza 5》、《Halo MCC》、《Halo 5》、《Xbox One Fitness》 、《Sunset Overdrive》
  - GameBar:《Swords of Legends》
  - Snail Games:《King of Wushu》

Top Bottom