• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One launching November 22 in select territories

it does not matter if they released NOW whats the point if they have ONLY recently started production? no one is going to be able to get on, stock is going to be pathetic.

This better be sarcasm...

Freaking 1 week = yield issues? So in another forum I have to deal with the "Birthers" and this forum I have to deal with the "Yielders."

Look, CBOAT gets a lot of stuff right, but almost all the evidence says there was either A.) No yield issue or B.) Occurred in a much early LRP run and the design was changed to correct the yield issue. Choose what you want to believe.

EmptySpace believes in c) microsoft removed 8 countries at launch, therefore production issues "ceased" to exist, and now msft can manufacture the right amount of units because they have to sell it to less peeps.

Green Yoshi

One week after Sony in the US? That's not good for Microsoft. At least they are one week earlier in UK. The rest of the world will stick with the PS4, even if they have to wait one week longer.

I just noticed that I only want one (physical, this is what matters most to me) game that's on this system, which is Dead Rising 3. Welp, time to cancel that pre-order. PS4, here we go!

Derrick01

Banned
I'd like to know if the people saying Sony screwed up are serious. As in do they really believe a 1 week difference is going to matter either way.

It is interesting that even with delaying so many countries, and having an obvious desire to launch before Sony on Nov 15th, they still had to go with Nov 22nd.

1 week won't matter, and they get 1 week head start with a FIFA order in Europe (they need that help honestly). Being it is a 360 anniversary date (PR spin), and right before the big Black Friday sale dates (that are starting earlier and earlier every year...lol) in the US, Nov 22nd was the most plausible of all the November dates IMO.

netBuff

This better be sarcasm...

Freaking 1 week = yield issues? So in another forum I have to deal with the "Birthers" and this forum I have to deal with the "Yielders."

Look, CBOAT gets a lot of stuff right, but almost all the evidence says there was either A.) No yield issue or B.) Occurred in a much earlier LRP run and the design was changed to correct the yield issue. Choose what you want to believe.

Almost all evidence points to Microsoft having production issues, why else would they cut down their launch to a measly 13 countries?

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Not too surprising, Sony releasing in the US first, probably because of how far behind the PS3 is compared to the other two but at least they aren't a year late, a tiny bit later in Europe as like the PS3 they probably are least concerned about the region and all the multiple regions. And then Xbox 1 right smack in the middle of either.

It will be fascinating to watch this November.

Well done Sony for fucking up in the UK.

I don't think a week is going to matter much in the grand scheme of things, especially with the price difference.

PaulLFC

Waiting for PS4 in Europe is going to be a LONG week now people will be posting footage and impressions from the XB1 - added to 2 weeks PS4 impressions from the US... :(

IN&OUT

Banned
Also have to take in account:
- Early Call of Duty DLC or whatever
- More Xbox than PS gamers here
- 'Free' FIFA 14

Wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft stay ahead this region next-gen too.

Where were you last gen?

PS3 outsold 360 in Europe and WW launching 18 MONTHS after X360 at a higher price....do you really think that Xbox will lead because of 1 week ahead of PS4 in only 7 EU countries?

Use your brain mate, you can do better.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Dat 15th/22nd/29th PS4/XB1/PS4 release sandwich with some frozen Wii U still in the fridge.

homer_simpson31.jpg

XeNoN89

Banned
Yeah, I'm confused to exactly how people think 1 week will make a difference. The price is going to be a much bigger factor.

liquidtmd

Banned
it does not matter if they released NOW whats the point if they have ONLY recently started production? no one is going to be able to get on, stock is going to be pathetic.

By the time its realised people can't get one in the UK/EU countries they are releasing in and the dust has settled, I imagine they're going go be unavailable till early / mid December and Sony are simply going to have much more (albeit only comparatively) out the door first

Long term it won't matter but numbers wise worldwide I see a short term PS4 win

EmptySpace believes in c) microsoft removed 8 countries at launch, therefore production issues "ceased" to exist, and now msft can manufacture the right amount of units because they have to sell it to less peeps.

Emptyspace doesn't think logically when those units in those countries would've pre-ordered what? 10,000, 20,000 consoles total? Out of a million?

Yeah, that goes a long way to fix a yield reduction problem (i.e., it doesn't).

Almost all evidence points to Microsoft having production issues, why else would they cut down their launch to a measly 13 countries?

Same to you. It makes zero sense from any business operation standpoint if you have production problems... Those countries just do not affect the global supply in a significant way.

Plus, why would they uplock the GPU if it was having embedded ESRAM yield issues? Notice the word embedded? It again makes zero logical sense...just like the "birthers."

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!

They have just announced they have made more consoles available for day one pre-orders. It is pretty obvious there are no yield issues.

Also have to take in account:
- Early Call of Duty DLC or whatever
- More Xbox than PS gamers here
- 'Free' FIFA 14

Wouldn't be surprised if Microsoft stay ahead this region next-gen too.

-DLC is a system seller now?
-More PS gamers than Xbox before this gen
-Free Fifa is only for Day 1 Edition consoles and not all consoles on launch day are Day 1 Edition.

349GBP vs 429GBP is gonna make the big difference, not DLC, not your current console, not Fifa pack in for limited number of consoles.

Wont factor in because the player base will be on the HD Twins. COD is increasingly looking like a Non factor in preorder chats of the next gen versions.

See above

Free FIFA is only for preordered Day one editions.

Has anyone mentioned the fact that Sony owns Europe yet? I didn't see it among all the "OMG MS IS DEAD/MS IS GONNA OWN THE PS4" posts.

1 week doesn't mean much. Gonna be a good holiday.

Releasing a week before in the UK means nothing, you will not be able to walk into a shop and buy an XBone within that week anyway as it will sell out on preorders, and they cannot restock massive volume inside a week.

Enordash

One week after Sony in the US? That's not good for Microsoft. At least they are one week earlier in UK. The rest of the world will stick with the PS4, even if they have to wait one week longer.

You're ambassador for the rest of the world? Sweet. Also, do you really think the week wait in any territory is going to substantially hurt either console? I know people like to buy the new shiny thing, but implying that people can't wait one week for what they prefer seems strange to me.

netBuff

They have just announced they have made more consoles available for day one pre-orders. It is pretty obvious there are no yield issues.

That announcement is completely meaningless without knowing their total (or current) allotment, there are obviously production issues or they would have a bigger launch. The Xbone also hasn't been that much of a pre-order hit so far, compared to the PS4.

Withnail

Nice. Personally I don't think the week earlier/later stuff makes a lot of difference in terms of sales, very few people will mind waiting a week and both consoles will be supply constrained at launch anyway.

But, fellow GAFfers, we are in for one hell of a month.

pixlexic

Banned
The majority of people are buying every thing for current consoles this holiday.

The few that are getting next gen consoles have already preordered them.

there may be a few thousand people who will wait in line to get the few non preorders from stores like Walmart.

I do not see any game or launch date affecting the ps4 or xbone around that time. It's all about who can pump out the most between then an Christmas.

Into

A week here or there wont make any difference for either, Sony has + 1week in the US and MS has + 1week in the UK

Top Bottom