• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One November Update (Coming soon to select Preview Members)

Current Known Issue List for NXOE as of September 16th:

Known Issue List for Games that may fail to launch:

Guacamelee SCTE
Unmechanical
Elite: Dangerous
Pool Nation FX
D4
Xbox Fitness
Skylanders
Destiny The Taken King
Game Compilation Discs (i.e Borderlands THJC, Saints Row)

Forza 6 - graphical bugs

AC Unity - Installing DLC while the game is open crashes the game

ESO - Logging into an existing character will cause an error indicating you do not have network connectivity and prevent you from connecting

Apps that may fail to launch

ABC News
VUDU
SlingTV
WWE
Showtime Anytime
Every Street United
Overdog
BlinkBox
ReddX
TWC Tv

Apps with Video Issues

SyFy
USA Now
BravoNow
TED
MLB

As long has netflix is not affected, then I am good!

This update sounds really nice. I got my Xbox One last month and I have to say the UI is much worse than the PS4's right now. It needed a dose of Keep it Simple during the design process.

EvB

This update sounds really nice. I got my Xbox One last month and I have to say the UI is much worse than the PS4's right now. It needed a dose of Keep it Simple during the design process.

True, Sony have the right attitude towards simplicity by removing distracting "pause downloads" and unsightly friends notifications.

Same here I got my Xbox One last week. I really dig it but two things that really do my head in is the UI is awful. Much prefer the PS4 design and secondly the screenshots. I love taking screenshots and having to double tap the Guide button sometimes doesn't work and I end up back at the dash, and it takes too long that I miss bits of the action. Much prefer the simply one button press on the PS4.

In fact it's making me think of grabbing a Kinect just so I can get it to take a screenshot without me pressing 3 buttons to take a bleeding screenshot!

Looking forward to the update and backwards compatibility though for sure :)

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
Same here I got my Xbox One last week. I really dig it but two things that really do my head in is the UI is awful. Much prefer the PS4 design and secondly the screenshots. I love taking screenshots and having to double tap the Guide button sometimes doesn't work and I end up back at the dash, and it takes too long that I miss bits of the action. Much prefer the simply one button press on the PS4.

In fact it's making me think of grabbing a Kinect just so I can get it to take a screenshot without me pressing 3 buttons to take a bleeding screenshot.

The Chat Pad might be worth looking into once it comes out in November. I believe you can assign a single button press for video and screenshots. It also has volume controls directly on the device.

The Chat Pad might be worth looking into once it comes out in November. I believe you can assign a single button press for video and screenshots. It also has volume controls directly on the device.

This is something I didn't think of... Do you think the new fancy Xbox elite controller + remapping app allows you to map a specific button for video recording and screenshots? If it doesn't, it should.

MS GET ON IT.

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
http://news.xbox.com/2015/09/xbox-one-new-experience-starts-now

happening.gif

True, Sony have the right attitude towards simplicity by removing distracting "pause downloads" and unsightly friends notifications.
Download pausing was added forever ago. And while there's no friend notifications, the argument that person made in that the ps4 UI is leagues better than the current xb1 setup.

I was floored when I got the xb1 a few months back with how clunky and unintuitive the whole thing is.

Ughhhhhhh! From the video...

Snapping Achievements is still slow as molasses...

The one thing I wanted them to fix.
The
One
Thing.
What their calling "Achievement Tracker" looks like it's the same thing as snapped achievements in today's world. I'd say it's likely it will be getting replaced by a Win 10 version, but that's just not in this build.

Ughhhhhhh! From the video...

Snapping Achievements is still slow as molasses...

The one thing I wanted them to fix.
The
One
Thing.

Are you talking about the thing at the end? I wouldn't call that slow as molasses. If it's actually that quick I would be impressed.

Banglish

I wish I cared about any of this stuff they are coming out with.
All I want is the ability to play my music in the background without snap taking a quarter of my screen :(

All of this looks nice. I see there was a lot of inspiration here from other competitors, but what really bugs me.....is the double tap to multi-task. I know most people here love the Xbox Controller but it's not comfortable to me, feels cheap as well and that button specifically does not have a nice feel. It's pretty stiff and the distance from my thumb all the way to the top just doesn't work, especially for a double tap. It's my only gripe at this moment because I like everything else, but I hope it can just be one tap for the sake of the design of the controller

JP

I'm in the preview programme but I'm not in this particular update thing. Have they added the option to add background wallpaper directly from the OneDrive app? Has there been any mention of this happening at all?

Every time I get an update, it's the first thing I try to do. I know it's not a major thing for people and it may be far more complicated for them to do than I think it is but it's a small thing that I'd love to see happen.

I really want to test this out but Halo 5 is like a month away and I don't want to risk messing with that.

By the time H5 comes out, everything will work... whats up with people overreacting here?

Two Updates for the current Wave will drop this week and another Wave will probably invited on Friday.
This ride will go fast.

Orca

Still haven't seen a glitch in Forza aside from one that I don't think is related - when you go by the buildings on the night course it looks like the lights go on then off...probably the headlights? Just saved this clip from a replay if people want to see for themselves.

Can't do anything with Upload Studio - still says it wants an update but can't get it.

Bit of a bump.

I am still in the preview programme and noticed I've had an update.

No mention of anything on the forums, anyone else had or heard anything?

Top Bottom