• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft Insider Speculates on Xbox Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's as simple as asking the guy a question.

2LVbOzN.png

/thread

Brad Sams is a Microsoft Insider that gets some cool scoops and has a pretty good track record. Today he was using his insider knowledge to talk about possible price ranges for the upcoming 2 next generation Xbox consoles that will be unveiled at E3.

But more importantly, a lot of heads were shook in succession when he had confirmed via sources that 50 million Xbox Ones had been sold. This goes against many predictions and the rumored shipment of 41 million. It turns out based on current data it is more likely the Xbox One was around 43-45 million during those rumors, and the Xbox One shipped between 5-7 million from December until present.

These numbers show that the Xbox One can benefit from a price drop, developers have given me enough hints that it's likely the next generation of Xbox hardware may come out in 2019. Which I expect the Xbox One to get that price cut.

By the time of its discontinuation, and the current sales rate, I expect a 70 million Lifetime total to the Xbox One. Still not near the 360, but a pretty good run even if they are in second place.

It really shows the massive turn around the Xbox One had despite all odds, gaining good will with new features, BC, Xbox One X, and top exclusives all at an affordable price, and now a new optional discless alternative. From DRM and Don Mattrick telling you to buy a 360, to it reaching the 50 million most people said it wouldn't reach. This is what you call a real underdog story.

Last edited by a moderator:
Brad Sams is a Microsoft Insider
But more importantly, a lot of heads were shook in succession when he had confirmed via sources that 50 million Xbox Ones had been sold. This goes against many predictions and the rumored shipment of 41 million. It turns out based on current data it is more likely the Xbox One was around 43-45 million during those rumors, and the Xbox One shipped between
the Xbox One ;) ;) :0 shipped between 5-7 million from December until present. ;) ;)

That Blu Ray poisoning really fucked you up bad didn't it?

Last edited:

Codes 208

Considering the switch is already at around 35mil, I have no doubt that MS will end up third again this gen.

Shame, but hopefully the next system will look at this and focus on what made the 360 so great in its hay day cause frankly this gen the ps4 is more worthy of that successor than the one.

Three

It really shows the massive turn around the Xbox One had despite all odds, gaining good will with new features, BC, Xbox One X, and top exclusives all at an affordable price, and now a new optional discless alternative. From DRM and Don Mattrick telling you to buy a 360, to it reaching the 50 million most people said it wouldn't reach. This is what you call a real underdog story.

This last paragraph has got to be satire.

I bet $5 that OP didn't even look at the video, he just looked at Currypandas Brad Sams thread here:

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/pricing-the-xbox-anaconda-and-lockhart.1479142/#post-254145457

He saw the last line in the summary and proceeded to make a thread. I doubt he even clicked play.

Also 5-7 million Xbox One consoles sold in January through April?

You know what, OP was right about BR the whole time, look what Xbox One's Blu Ray player did the the OP, it scrambled his mind beyond repair! Fantasy Gate Co indeed!

thelastword

Banned
But more importantly, a lot of heads were shook in succession when he had confirmed via sources that 50 million Xbox Ones had been sold. This goes against many predictions and the rumored shipment of 41 million.
No, Freedom, did you even watch the video you posted? He said "Sony is edging on 100, million", "MS is about half of that, right, about half".......That number was not from a a source it was from Brad Sam's ass......He said Zhuge said it was 41 million last year, so it's 50 million now.....What sources are you talking about, it's all based on his assumptions.......You see how much speculation and wildness exists, when you don't provide numbers...Sony's numbers can be proven, but MS, people can say whatever they want.....

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Where does he say 50 million as some kind of definitive? It sounds like he was just spit-balling.

Spoiler, he doesn't. Typical shit thread.

He stole it from here, lol.

Last edited:

zeorhymer

"...Xbox One can benefit from a price drop..." Duh? The next cycle is right around the corner so of course X1 will benefit from a price drop.

I don't doubt it's close to 50 million but posting crap like this is just dumb.

Zhuge said it was at 35 million at the end of 2017, IHS only 3 months later said 39.1 million. So there's some divergence there.

Last edited:

CyberPanda

Banned

Oh dear.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Because Xbox fans are inflating numbers to make it sound like Xbox One has sold HALF of what PS4 has sold?

Are these sort of drive-by console was comments accepted on GAF now?
Whether it's 40 or 50 million who cares. Are you a MS or Sony shareholder?

It's a fun thread for kicks. Why take everything so serious since you're a diehard Sony fan?

MS's latest quarterly profits are literally 11x more than Sony's latest quarterly profits. Who cares. But if Sony was more profitable, I'm sure you'd be bragging.

Considering the switch is already at around 35mil, I have no doubt that MS will end up third again this gen.

Shame, but hopefully the next system will look at this and focus on what made the 360 so great in its hay day cause frankly this gen the ps4 is more worthy of that successor than the one.
Not that it matters, but which gen? Next gen? Does the wiiU not exist in this timeline because that is this gen.
Ps4/XB1/WiiU.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Hahaha.

Of course you made that post over half an hour ago. Maybe its 70 now?
You never know. MS never released official XBox shipments. Considering they made almost $9 billion profit (about 11x more than Sony's latest quarterly earnings with solid PS numbers), maybe it's 75 or 80.

Last edited:

Pallas

Not that it matters, but which gen? Next gen? Does the wiiU not exist in this timeline because that is this gen.
Ps4/XB1/WiiU.

Wii-who? There was just the really successful Wii and then the pretty successful Switch. I’ve never heard of the Wii-U. Maybe you’re from some alternate timeline! :messenger_smirking:

Because Xbox fans are inflating numbers to make it sound like Xbox One has sold HALF of what PS4 has sold?

Are these sort of drive-by console was comments accepted on GAF now?

Why are you generalizing every fan of that console? Only one here who is taking this as fact seens to be OP. Don’t group us all up together. Especially those who are fans of both.

juliotendo

50 million XBOX ONE units sold YTD makes sense considering PlayStation 4 was always selling at a 2:1 ratio against XBOX ONE consistently.

XBOX has a lot of brand recognition particularly in US, Canada, and Mexico. 50 million is a very plausible number and I would consider it a success for Microsoft.

No I think the Wii U finished 3rd. I don't care what people say, the switch is not this gen.

Gafmau5

Neo Member
...As the switch sold 35 million in 2 years.
In all seriousness I’m glad that Xbox got this wake up call this gen. It’s kinda like V for Vendetta. Consumers should not be afraid of their Companies. Companies should be afraid of their Consumers.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i don't own an xbox but good on microsoft. they have really turned things around. hope they can get a strong start next generation to give sony more competition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom