• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One: Preview Update August 2014 (1408)

link1201

August Xbox Preview Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovHyso_jy24

Upcoming features to Xbox One annouced at Gamescom 8-12-2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfaP0yy_ewg

FYI:
How to join the Xbox One Update Preview Beta:
•You need to be invited via the Xbox Dashboard app, by someone who is currently in the beta AND is your friend on Xbox Live
•You will then (subject to MS Checks around enforcement actions and some other criteria) be sent via an Xbox Message a 25 Digit code to redeem. Usually this takes around a week.
•Redeeming this code will install the Beta Preview App from which you can then register your console in the beta.
•Around a week after that, you should be "in" and will start getting beta updates in the next wave.
Note that many people just don't get "in" as MS vet the referrals and they've said at least once already that they don't let people in with enforcement actions. Note also that it takes usually AT LEAST A WEEK to get a message, even if you are accepted. The beta is also console, not account based. You'll be registering a console in the beta, once your account has downloaded the app.
(FYI Courtesy of Adycarter)

UPDATE 7-23-2014
A system update is being released for you to preview beginning today, 7/23/2014, after 11:00am PDT. This is the first update for 1408, so explore, have fun, and give us your feedback! Be sure to check out the Preview Dashboard app for new Quests, Quick Polls, and Surveys.
HOW TO GET IT:
■If your console is in Instant-On mode, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
■NOTE: Once the update is available, you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update.
■If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PDT 7/25/2014, you will be prompted to do so the next time you start your console.
DETAILS:
OS version released: xb_rel_1408.140716-2200
Available: 11AM PDT 7/23 (7PM GMT 7/23)
FEATURES ENABLED IN THIS UPDATE:
■Friends List: New view options
■Friends List: "Last Seen" displayed (Example: "Last seen 20m ago: Forza Motorsport 5")
■Activity Feed: Single column of updates
■Activity Feed: Post a text message to friends on your feed
■Activity Feed: Like a friend's feed item
■Activity Feed: Share a friend's feed item on your feed (with comment if desired)
■Activity Feed: Share a friend's feed item privately via a Live Message
■Upload Hub: Like a Game Clip
■Upload Hub: Share a Game Clip
■Mobile Purchase: Purchase content on Xbox.com or SmartGlass (requires SmartGlass beta), and your console will download it. (Console must be set to Instant-on, and automatically download updates).
■Low Battery Notification: A notification will appear when your controller's batteries are low.
■Notifications: Control notifications preferences by notification type
■Notifications: Disable notifications during video playback, by type
■Settings: Voice control is enabled for most Settings options.
ALSO IN THIS UPDATE:
■Underlying work to enable features to come in 1408, such as 3D Blu-ray and the new Friends location on Home (Note: This is a limited test, and will only available to a subset of the audience in this Wave).
KNOWN ISSUES:
■Participants using Kinect auto sign-in may notice reduced accuracy. The team is aware and a fix is slated for a future release.
Update 7-27-2014
HOW TO GET IT:
■If your console is in Instant-On mode, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
■NOTE: Once the update is available, you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update.
■If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PDT 7/29/2014, you will be prompted to do so the next time you start your console.
DETAILS:
OS version released: xb_rel_1408.140724-1959
Available: 1PM PDT 7/27 (9PM GMT 7/27)
FIXES IN THIS UPDATE:
■Friends List: A fix is in to prevent users from seeing a black screen upon resuming the Friends app. If you continue to encounter this issue, please use the "Report a problem" feature of the Preview Dashboard app, or report it in the forums.
■Kinect: A fix is in for a previous known issue where Kinect recognition was reduced in accuracy. Please give this a try and let us know if you continue to experience reduced accuracy.
KNOWN ISSUES:
■Multiple items in download queue may increase Energy-saving boot times. If multiple items are queued for download, going offline and performing a hard reset or booting from Energy-saving mode may cause your console to experience a significant delay loading the Home screen the next time it is powered on. Instant-on mode is not affected.
Update 7-31-2014
HOW TO GET IT:
■If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PDT 8/2/2014, you will be prompted to do so the next time you start your console.
DETAILS:
OS version released: xb_rel_1408.140727-2200
Available: 11AM PDT 7/31 (7PM GMT 7/31)
FIXES IN THIS UPDATE:
■3D Bluray: Addresses an issue some users have noted where playback can appear jittery/stutter. *Will be in the next update which should arrive soon.*
KNOWN ISSUES
■Multiple items in download queue may increase Energy-saving boot times. If multiple items are queued for download, going offline and performing a hard reset or booting from Energy-saving mode may cause your console to experience a significant delay loading the Home screen the next time it is powered on. Instant-on mode is not affected.
Update 8-1-2014
HOW TO GET IT:
■If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PDT 8/3/2014, you will be prompted to do so the next time you start your console.
DETAILS:
OS version released: xb_rel_1408.140729-2200
Available: 6PM PDT 8/1 (2AM GMT 8/2)
FIXES IN THIS UPDATE:
■3D Bluray: Addresses an issue some users have noted where playback can appear jittery/stutter. (And we really mean it this time!)
KNOWN ISSUES:
Update 8-3-2014
HOW TO GET IT:
■If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PDT 8/5/2014, you will be prompted to do so the next time you start your console.
DETAILS:
OS version released: xb_rel_1408.140801-2200
Available: 7PM PDT 8/3 (3AM GMT 8/4)
FIXES IN THIS UPDATE:
■Multiple items in download queue may increase Energy-saving boot times. This issue has been resolved.
KNOWN ISSUES:
&#9632;Some users may notice frequent "<Friend> is online" notifications from friends. We're aware of an issue some participants have reported with friends appearing to constantly sign in. The team is investigating and working on a fix for a future update.
Update 8-5-2014
HOW TO GET IT:
&#9632;If your console is in Instant-On mode, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
&#9632;NOTE: Once the update is available, you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update.
&#9632;If your console hasn&#8217;t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PDT 8/6/2014, you will be prompted to do so the next time you start your console.
DETAILS:
OS version released: xb_rel_1408.140803-2200
Available: 6PM PDT 8/5 (1AM GMT 8/6)
FIXES IN THIS UPDATE:
&#9632;Multiple items in download queue may increase Energy-saving boot times. This issue has been resolved.
KNOWN ISSUES:
&#9632;Some users may notice frequent "<Friend> is online" notifications from friends. We're aware of an issue some participants have reported with friends appearing to constantly sign in. The team is investigating and working on a fix for a future update.
Update 8-7-2014
A system update is being released for the first Preview group beginning today, 8/7/2014, after 11:00pm PDT. This update contains a number of fixes relating to feedback sent in from the community. This update is being released in waves, and only available to the first Preview group tonight. It will be rolled out to other groups soon.
HOW TO GET IT:
&#9632;If your console is in Instant-On mode, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
&#9632;NOTE: Once the update is available, you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update. This will display for users in the first Preview group only at this time.
&#9632;If your console hasn&#8217;t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PDT 8/9/2014, you will be prompted to do so the next time you start your console.
DETAILS:
OS version released: xb_rel_1408.140806-2308
Available: 11PM PDT 8/7* (7AM GMT 8/8)
*NOTE: This update is being release in waves, and available for the first Preview group only at this time. It will be released to other groups soon
FIXES IN THIS UPDATE:
&#9632;RESOLVED: Playing a game, then switching to a video app may cause performance issues. To help us verify this is functioning as expected, please try out the new Special Quest available, titled "The Switcheroo" (available only for those in the first group at this time)
&#9632;RESOLVED: Sending a Party and Game invite may fail to invite the user to both. To help us verify this is functioning as expected, please try out the new Special Quest available, titled "Join the party" (available only for those in the first group at this time)
&#9632;RESOLVED: Some users may notice frequent "<Friend> is online" notifications from friends.
&#9632;Button presses/actions such as pressing the Xbox button to go home should be faster/snappier.
KNOWN ISSUES:
&#9632;Please send us feedback for any issues you come across in this new update.

Update 8-10-2014
A system update is being released for you to preview beginning today, 8/10/2014, after 6:00pm PDT. This update contains a number of fixes relating to feedback sent in from the community.
HOW TO GET IT:
&#9726;If your console is in Instant-On mode, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
&#9726;NOTE: Once the update is available, you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update.
&#9726;If your console hasn&#8217;t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PDT 8/11/2014, you will be prompted to do so the next time you start your console.
DETAILS:
OS version released: xb_rel_1408.140808-1753
Available: 6PM PDT 8/10 (1AM GMT 8/11)
KNOWN ISSUES:
&#9726;Please send us feedback for any issues you come across in this new update.

The August update has gone public:
http://majornelson.com/2014/08/17/next-xbox-one-update-begins-rolling-today/

To give feedback or suggest new ideas:
Link

Bsigg12

Hopefully digital preordering/preloading is in the September preview or just a feature rolled out to everyone at once sometime soon.

Hawk269

The enabling of 3d playback is pretty huge as that was a big omission on both consoles. The fact that they are providing this before Sony is pretty substantial news. Lot's of good updates in this one.

jelly

Should call them Xbox 360 parity updates. All that great work and they went back to square one. Good that they are updating fast though. Meanwhile at Sony...

statham

Enabling 3D Blu-ray: An update to the Blu-ray player app will enable 3D Blu-ray functionality on Xbox One.
WooHoo!!!
Low battery notification: You asked for it, now a notification will pop up when your controller battery is getting low.
much needed.

Friends on the homepage is great, opening the app for a quick glance is a bit more of a process then I would have liked.

Speaking of updates, not sure if this came in the last update but I've noticed the achievement notifications don't go away anymore unless I "Show Details" on it.

This something they added? Any way to turn it off?

Very nice, activity feed seems to be getting the "biggest" update. Being able to buy and download automatically from smartglass is big too.

TrueGrime

3D BR is fucking huge. Knew that was a big one. I like the mobile purchases as well. Another great monthly update.

Doodis

Good changes. Hopefully mobile/online purchases gets us closer to digital pre-order. That's one of the few missing features I really want. That, and improving the headset (disconnects, hearing your own voice, etc.).

SEGAvangelist

Gold Member
THREEEEEEEEEEEEEE DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

ibybNTstrz06Ix.gif

Alx

Cool. Adding text messages to the activity feed could make it more lively, it was a bit bland to have a list of "X unlocked this, Y started watching TV, Z unlocked that...". I'm not even into social networks, but I may start bragging about some achievements. :D

3D Blu-rays! FINALLY!

*EDIT*
Woah. Many great features!

Exactly my thoughts. Lots of nice updates here. I'm also a big fan of disabling notifications during video.

What's nice is that with 3D Blu-Ray support, my other Blu-ray player can officially be retired. Yay! Just in time for the release of Frozen 3D at the end of the year (in the US). ;-)

Wow great update. I've been anticipating the Facebook style activity feed since day one so I'm glad to finally see it implemented.

Pretty nice feature list. I see Microsoft beat Sony to the punch with posting content to the Activity Feed. Glad someone is doing it!

Bsigg12

Should we be getting a SmartGlass update then with a Store section? As others have said in the July Preview thread, I would assume it'll dump iOS and Android users to the Xbox website to avoid paying Apple and Google royalties for IAPs.

Its a nice update but not really much I particularly wanted, the friends tab is nice. Screenshot, themes, patch notes for updates...

Pre-ordering and pre-loading was also pretty important too and considering it was mentioned by Insomniac (I assume they didn't do it without MS permission) I was expecting it to be there...

ironcreed

Banned
Seeing how proficient and consistent they are in rolling out updates is yet another reason I felt so good about going ahead and buying one.

Gowans

Looks great, love the more social news feed.

So much shit will be talked!

Boot to TV and preloading next please!

Bsigg12

The mobile purchases includes addons. You'll be able to remotely buy DLC now.

Its a nice update but not really much I particularly wanted, the friends tab is nice. Screenshot, themes, patch notes for updates...

Pre-ordering and pre-loading was also pretty important too and considering it was mentioned by Insomniac (I assume they didn't do it without MS permission) I was expecting it to be there...

I can see them rolling preorders and preloading out to everyone at once in a Store update rather than using just the preview program. Also, Sunset Overdrive isn't out until October 28th so essentially they have until October to have that feature in place.

Top Bottom