• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One S Thread: The S is for Sexy

Noobcraft

How do I prep to upgrade my Xbox One to an S?

All of my games are stored to an external hard drive, do I just reset my xbox one before I sell it and simply log into the S with my gamer tag and plug in my External hard drive to my S and I am back in business?
Yes.

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
"To enable the guest account on your Xbox One, follow the below procedure:
Press the menu key of the controller.
Go to Settings.
Scroll to the "OTHER PEOPLE" section (right corner).
Select "Guest Settings".
Select "Create a guest key".
Set the guest key (6-digit code) and confirm.

Back to the "Guest settings" screen you can define the limitations of the guest account using the "Access to content" menu."

Thanks, but from what it looks like, it seems this is just a temporary solution so people can play along in local multiplayer. After some more research, it seems as though local offline accounts are a thing that people really want but which MS refuses to provide. I guess I'll just have to make some email address solely for this.

This is going to be a dumb question, and I'm sure I already know the answer. But it'll ease my mind if I ask.

When it automatically shuts off after a set time (1 hour, or six hours, I believe), the light will flash on and off slowly and then it will turn off, right? I didn't think it'd been an hour while I was downloading something and using another system, and it shocked me when I saw that happen.

Then I realized I was being dumb and what had happened.

This is going to be a dumb question, and I'm sure I already know the answer. But it'll ease my mind if I ask.

When it automatically shuts off after a set time (1 hour, or six hours, I believe), the light will flash on and off slowly and then it will turn off, right? I didn't think it'd been an hour while I was downloading something and using another system, and it shocked me when I saw that happen.

Then I realized I was being dumb and what had happened.

Your console fell asleep.

Battlefield-1-Xbox-One-S-500GB-Storm-Grey.png

Xbox-One-S-Battlefield-1-Special-Edition-Bundle-1TB.png

http://news.xbox.com/2016/09/12/xbo...oto_learnmore_tw_null_xboxmark_Organic_9.12.1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZdxUWbQCys

New Xbox One S bundle that comes with Battlefield 1 in Military Green and 1TB. As well as a grey or white 500 GB model with just Battlefield 1.

Looks absolutely gorgeous. Unfortunately only US it seems.

Was waiting for a dark colored S so the grey is right up my alley.

How many of you went from the 1TB Elite to the One S? All of my games are on external anyways so don't mind missing out on the other 500GB.

I just want to keep up with the Jones' and have the newest system.

icespide

Banned
CsKWwbPW8AQ1bqL.jpg

Pretty cool.

I don't mean to be pedantic but it says "all of this on one tiny box" when several of those things listed aren't things that are actually in the box or applicable to that phrase like:

- the controller
- the stand
- great choice, and great games, what does that even mean?

RoKKeR

Annnnnd my fan clicking noise is back... very strange. Maybe it's the hard drive?

So I'm pretty sure my One S has gotten... quieter? I had the fan clicking/ticking noise about a week or so ago, but now I just hear a gentle whir and only a subtle, quiet fan noise. Very strange, but it works for me!

I don't mean to be pedantic but it says "all of this on one tiny box" when several of those things listed aren't things that are actually in the box or applicable to that phrase like:

- the controller
- the stand

Reads like it's fan made tbh.

iFirez

Fuccckkkk.... The green one is available in the UK but the Storm Grey one is literally all I've been waiting for since the S was announced... And it's not available here FFS!

f@luS

More than a member.

- the controller
- the stand

I need to know as well I need the stand ... Is it included in 500gb ?

finalflame

Man, when are they just gonna let a black one loose? This dark diarrhea green and storm grey is such a cop out. Not for me, I'm happy with my white one, but a buddy really just wants a solid black one, and it seems like a no-brainer considering lots of people have all black media cabinets.

icespide

Banned
Man, when are they just gonna let a black one loose? This dark diarrhea green and storm grey is such a cop out. Not for me, I'm happy with my white one, but a buddy really just wants a solid black one, and it seems like a no-brainer considering lots of people have all black media cabinets.

i dunno man that grey one is niiiice

Maybe with some Elite bundle down the road?

zedge

How is the audio through the controllers headphone jack on the one s? Aka is it not all choppy like on the standard xbone.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I have had no issues with my Xbox One S, but all the of goddamn fuckign sudden my controllers don't work. They're on and appear to be connected, but the Xbox will not respond to commands. None of the buttons work.

What in the goddamn fuck is wrong. This is infuriating.

Daigoro

to follow up on my much earlier questions about controller disconnects, i upgraded to the S and i haven't had one controller disconnect since i bought it.

there was definitely something wrong with some of those earlier units. i know i wasnt the only one having constant issues with disconnects, and the wifi interference excuse seems to have been total crap. i went through multiple controllers on the OG xbone and they all disconnected.

not one controller disconnect on the S in at least 40 hrs of use.

f@luS

More than a member.
Will I have enough with 500gb or should I go for 1tb ?
I won't play online so only solo games I think, and only exclusive as well as I have a ps4 and will get a pro.
And knowing as well that i take if for uhd in the meantime Scorpio arrive which I will switch the S for the Scorpio

MaulerX

Twice as loud as an og xb1 is still very quiet.

Yea if it's louder I haven't noticed.

Will I have enough with 500gb or should I go for 1tb ?
I won't play online so only solo games I think, and only exclusive as well as I have a ps4 and will get a pro.
And knowing as well that i take if for uhd in the meantime Scorpio arrive which I will switch the S for the Scorpio

The 500GB version should be fine specially considering you can always get a cheap external drive with the money your saving.

rdytoroll

I have had no issues with my Xbox One S, but all the of goddamn fuckign sudden my controllers don't work. They're on and appear to be connected, but the Xbox will not respond to commands. None of the buttons work.

What in the goddamn fuck is wrong. This is infuriating.

Fuck, I've heard of this issue a few times now. This makes me worried that I preordered a Slim

theDeeDubs

I broke down and got a white after hearing pro wouldn't have a uhd player, and the day I get it in of course they announce that sweet grey one. It's 500gb though, and I wanted a 2tb version at least. I have an external, but it's nice having more space inside or out. If they have some crazy deals this fall I might get one for the bedroom though. Having a uhd player built in kind of makes it a no-brained for spare rooms for me.

OS seems a little less sluggish, but that could either be because my old XB1 was in the preview or new tech placebo.

Had to send my Xbox One S back today, it would reset every time I switched games and randomly switch back on when turning off :(. Have to wait for more to be released but absolutely loved it.

f@luS

More than a member.
Is there any way to use the xbox one S in vertical position without the stand? on Microsoft.com they say its not advised, but i guess they want to sell their 30euros stand.

i need to put it that way, but it would make it 330e instead of 300 which is less appealing

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Is there any way to use the xbox one S in vertical position without the stand? on Microsoft.com they say its not advised, but i guess they want to sell their 30euros stand.

i need to put it that way, but it would make it 330e instead of 300 which is less appealing
I thought all Xbox One S came with the stand?
There are editions that don't? :S

TRios Zen

to follow up on my much earlier questions about controller disconnects, i upgraded to the S and i haven't had one controller disconnect since i bought it.

there was definitely something wrong with some of those earlier units. i know i wasnt the only one having constant issues with disconnects, and the wifi interference excuse seems to have been total crap. i went through multiple controllers on the OG xbone and they all disconnected.

not one controller disconnect on the S in at least 40 hrs of use.

I wish I could say the same, but sadly in the last few days, my controller has disconnected a number of times. Pretty frustrating as I had hoped that was a fixed issue.

I thought all Xbox One S came with the stand?
There are editions that don't? :S

I think ONLY the 2 TB came with the stand, though I could be wrong. I have the 500GB and it did not come with the stand.

So is there realistically any reason to hold on to kinect if i only used it for on/off and cable tv? I now just use my cable provers app on my Xbox instead of running it through the HDMI out. Thoughts?

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
So I got my XBO S hooked up, and immediately having issues.

Popes it in, enabled 4K, everything looks good, it's outputting 4K, etc.

Pop in a UHD Blu Ray, and it reverts to 1080p....

Help?

Have an HU87000 65" Samsung Curved..

Edit: so if I use HDMI3, the Blu Ray plays in 4K, but I lose UHD Color(10bit color). If I use HDMI4, I get 10bit color, but the Blu Ray reverts to 1080p...

So is there realistically any reason to hold on to kinect if i only used it for on/off and cable tv? I now just use my cable provers app on my Xbox instead of running it through the HDMI out. Thoughts?

Get your free adaptor then sell em together on ebay. Got $100 for mine, it's like it never happened!

Southcott

Can anyone help? I'm due to receive my Xbox One S in a week or so, I own a 4K TV (Sony XBR49X850B), it's not HDR or 10-bit unfortunately due to early adoption! But will the Xbox One S still output 4K via 4K Blu-Ray and will I also benefit from the 4K upscaling in games? Or am I shit out of luck?

Top Bottom