• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Summer Update Preview (Cortana, new Game Library, Win10 app, more)

Shep572

Neo Member
Im just waiting for them to let us seperate our 360 games from our xbone games. All of them mixed together's killing my OCD.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I mean those who just got invited can still get in today, I don't know which invites are correlated with which waves, but I'm just saying those that just got invited today should keep their hopes in check to not be dissapointed or wait too long into the night wondering why their console won't update.

Welfare

They should send a message if there are new survey's/quests to do. I don't know when they even add new ones.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I really, really like that download status and games and apps hot link at the top of the home page.
Yea I kinda disliked how My Games and Apps takes up two tiles spaces in the pins section. Now pins space is literally just for pins, nice and clean.

Zedox

Is this true?

Because I don't do anything except the surveys. And I am always in the first wave lol

Well, I meant anything that gets you points. I've been slacking so I may not be in the first wave. I'm not pressed though, E3 is next week.

Yoday

Yea I kinda disliked how My Games and Apps takes up two tiles spaces in the pins section. Now pins space is literally just for pins, nice and clean.
Interesting in that they removed ad space to fit it there too. It used to be a tile for highlighting something new to Xbox like E3 or this new update, a tile for games with Gold, and an advertisement. They pushed the advertisement out and kept the two useful tiles.

I checked the preview app and my points were reset to zero.. And most people are very low.

Wonder if that's a bug or did they reset everyone?

ozprime

Downloading now. I guess that means I'm in the first batch. See you on the other side folks. 1 GB update this time.

So I opted out of the preview program a while back, or I changed the setting in the app at least. I redownloaded the app though and it says I'm in the program. Is there anything else I needed to do or was redownloading the preview app sufficient?

I just hope the dash is more responsive overall. I've got two external drives on my Halo 5 console, a 2Tb and a 4Tb, and the console drags ass always for the same tasks. When I hold the guide button to turn the controller or console off it takes literally 10 or more seconds to bring up the menu. When hitting the guide button to return to the home screen it also takes longer than it should. It may have to do with how much storage I'm using (something like 3Tb used at the moment), but I've got literally nothing on the internal drive. I would really like the console to perform as well as it did fresh out of the box. I'm hopeful that a new update can fix it, but if not maybe some new hardware might fix these problems :/

"The Xbox Store has been redesigned! You’ll now find more detailed information about games, apps, movies, TV shows, and more in the new Store."

For those that got the update already, is the store different?

Top Bottom