• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Summer Update Preview (Cortana, new Game Library, Win10 app, more)

Zedox

After I did reset and then went to "Settings" -> "System" -> Update console appeared after like 5 seconds. Updating. :)

EDIT: Jesus this download is fast. Can I expect all downloads to be like this from now on? :)

EDIT2: Now it's going slow. Damn you people getting it. lol

etta

my hard graphic balls
Could be still rolling out. I remember getting into the NXOE at 11 PM when the wave had officially started at 9 PM.

Tryxx

O man just got the update installed and the store is SOOOOO GOOD. holy shit, what an amazing update compared to the bullshit clumped up store before. Gotta test all the cortana stuff now. Btw is it just me or does the entire UI just feel way more snappy? I havent had one hiccup/stutter yet and been switching around like crazy. Like this entire Xbox feels different now when i mean it is fast i mean it is QUICK you hit something its absolutely instant with no hesitation at all, major major props to the Xbox team.

After I did reset and then went to "Settings" -> "System" -> Update console appeared after like 5 seconds. Updating. :)

EDIT: Jesus this download is fast. Can I expect all downloads to be like this from now on? :)

EDIT2: Now it's going slow. Damn you people getting it. lol

Mine was going 3MB/s until about 75% then it really slowed down. Wonder if it's torrent based or something.

Montresor

I find nothing wrong with "Hey Cortana, Xbox On".

Actually, I still find it kind of surreal that a character from a video game is going to end up being the ubiquitous face/name attached to Microsoft voice recognition. I mean really - some 50-year-old accountant using Windows 10 will be yelling to Cortana to get tax tips. It's pretty cool to think about.

ozprime

All done and installed. No signs of a brick so far. ;)

New Games & Apps is nice. You can select from three sizes of tiles.

Bsigg12

I was hoping anyone that they sent the opt to last week would get in on that first wave, I guess that's not the case sadly.

Xbudz

Fun things to say to Cortana:

"hey Cortana..."

Do an impession.
Tell me a joke.
Tell me a story.
Why did the chicken cross the road?
Can you speak Klingon?
What does the fox say?
Knock Knock?
Do you know clippy?
What's your favorite console?
What is Halo?
How is Master Chief?

The list goes on and on, feel free to post more fun things to say to Cortana!

Imust probably have 0 points, when the nxe preview came the only quests available were about the chatpad which I don't own, and they were never changed.

I did post a few feedback on the preview forums last time, and on the windows insider program I give lots of feedback as well, dunno if that counts (did they merged the preview programs yet?)

UraMallas

When did you do your second hard reset? Wondering if its still rolling out to people tonight or not.

About 2 minutes ago. Right after 10PM EST. First one was about 20 minutes ago.

I had literally 0 points in the Preview App, btw.

Moa

About 2 minutes ago. Right after 10PM EST. First one was about 20 minutes ago.

I had literally 0 points in the Preview App, btw.

Guess I'm staying up for an absurd amount of time hard resetting.

What region are you from, if you don't mind me asking?

EDIT: The 0 point part triggers me :(

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yea it's gotta be rolling in waves. Probably started with US first? Of those who got it first, are you located in the US?

Bessy67

WTF, how the hell do I do the "go to" command now? Whenever I tell Cortana to go to something it just does a websearch, and the Xbox command doesn't work for me now...

Xbudz

There's a new Kinect icon near the battery level at the top right.

I like how you can make the tiles smaller in My Games and Apps.

Top Bottom