• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

Vashetti

Banned
Good to know that every 30fps game is just narrowly hitting 30fps due to CPU constraints on Xbox One.....except they're not.

That doesn't relate in any way to what I said. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

If a game is 30fps on Xbox One at 1.75Ghz CPU clockspeed, the same CPU clocked 31% higher at 2.3Ghz is not enough to take that all the way to 60fps.

A doubling of performance with only 31% better CPU speeds is categorically impossible.

There has been one (1) game that has gone from 30fps to 60fps on PS4 Pro, and that's The Surge, because the game was GPU-bound rather than CPU-bound. The Pro also has a 30% CPU increase over it's predecessor.

These mid-gen upgrades are skewed toward higher resolutions rather than framerates. Hence why the GPUs are so powerful (for consoles) and the CPUs only have mild ~30% upclocks (GPU = resolution, CPU = framerate).

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but if you're expecting jumps from 30 to 60fps on either device then you're going to have a lot of buyers remorse.

c0de

That doesn't relate in any way to what I said. You clearly have no idea what you're talking about.

If a game is 30fps on Xbox One at 1.75Ghz CPU clockspeed, the same CPU clocked 31% higher at 2.3Ghz is not enough to take that all the way to 60fps.

A doubling of performance with only 31% better CPU speeds is categorically impossible.

There has been one (1) game that has gone from 30fps to 60fps on PS4 Pro, and that's The Surge, because the game was GPU-bound rather than CPU-bound. The Pro also has a 30% CPU increase over it's predecessor.

These mid-gen upgrades are skewed toward higher resolutions rather than framerates. Hence why the GPUs are so powerful (for consoles) and the CPUs only have mild ~30% upclocks (GPU = resolution, CPU = framerate).

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but if you're expecting jumps from 30 to 60fps on either device then you're going to have a lot of buyers remorse.

The thing is: you don't know. It depends on how the game is working. It could very well be that the fps would be GPU-related, this is not an XOR. The whole topic of "only CPU decides the fps" is not telling the whole story.

Vashetti

Banned
So I have no clue what this checkerboard and upscaling stuff means but can't we have a list(X and Pro) with games that have Native 4k and HDR (I know that list will be tiny as fuck).

c0de

How is my general comment contradicting one game?
Also, one link was created before the recent patch went live, improving performance on PC for many users while the comparison is of course still off because XBO is a different platform in many ways.

Its in the OP. You might want to start there.

I guess I wasn't clear. I meant a list that exclusively contains 4K native + HDR games.

The OP has a list of enhanced games which could mean native/checkerboard etc. According to the OP (if I understand correctly), the only games with native 4k and HDR are Middle Earth and Forza.

JoeLT

Lol, for someone saying others don't know what their talking about you don't either. You assume that if a game is 30FPS, it is at near 100% CPU utilisation. This simply isn't true, it definitely is for some games, such as Assassins Creed Unity, but I wouldn't be surprised to see most 30fps console games wouldn't be hitting 100% CPU utilisation till frame rates much higher. Regardless this is something you can just have absolutely no certainty on unless you have CPU performance graphs.

Take BF1 for example, it is CPU bottlenecked, often sitting low/mid 40's in 64 player multiplayer, but that is only in 64 player multiplayer, everywhere else in the game it is 60fps. I expect if performance was like this everywhere else it would have been locked to 30fps, even though it's only being bottle necked in the mid 40's, which is already even running at a solid 60fps on the PS4 Pro.

Stop assuming every single game is hitting 100% CPU utilisation at 30FPS because it's not the case. The CPU jump will be plenty enough of a jump for a number of titles to go from a 30FPS cap to a 60FPS one. The truth and only hard facts of the matter is that this is a design descision and even if a game could hit 60 a lot of developers would rather push for higher resolution or effects instead.

Yeah it's CPU bottlenecked before it can hit 60FPS on a Xbox One, but you are assuming that bottleneck is at like 35 FPS which we jsut don't know. It could be bottlenecking at 50FPS stopping it from being a solid 60FPS game on a Xbox One so they have reached for better fidelity.

Unless you have some inside knowledge you would like to share.

gamz

I guess I wasn't clear. I meant a list that exclusively contains 4K native + HDR games.

The OP has a list of enhanced games which could mean native/checkerboard etc. According to the OP (if I understand correctly), the only games with native 4k and HDR are Middle Earth and Forza.

In the OP list it says if it's Native 4K.

BatSu

DEYmHaFWsAQHyzN.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/x_enhanced/status/884436591619579904

No. Games that run at solid 30fps may be within 30% of 60fps, but just capped to stop variability.

Actually, there are 14 games that have about a 30fps bump on Pro. It's rare, but happens (which is exactly what I expect with one X).

So I have no clue what this checkerboard and upscaling stuff means but can't we have a list(X and Pro) with games that have Native 4k and HDR (I know that list will be tiny as fuck).

My Pro enhancements thread has a separate list of all HDR games, and then specifics on each game as to resolution, including CBR or native. It's not a single list for the combo you want unfortunately, but the data's there.

As you say, it's a short list (at least for Pro): Elder Scrolls Online, Hustle Kings, Last of Us Remastered, Mantis Burn Racing, MLB the Show 17, NBA 2K17, Wipeout Omega, and The Witness. There are about 30 HDR games and about 40 native 4K games, so the overlap category isn't wide. (We can presume that the upcoming NBA game will be again, though.)

Ehker

Pfft, giant "4K ULTRA HD" right next to a picture of Ark.

The Ark dev already said they're targeting 1080P on the XB1X.

Nice. I didn't even know Killing Floor 2 was getting the 1X treatment. So many games I own and others I'm looking forward to on that list. Glad I went mostly digital this gen...also BF2 has been added to the list on the Xbox official site.
Killing Floor 2 has been in the OP since E3 :p. It's kinda weird...I still don't think they have officially announced the XB1 port? Heh

added BF2, thanks!

Ushay

Probably unknown, but does anyone know if XCOM 2 will have an update, especially with the new expansion coming out in August?

Ehker

But it is Xbox One X enhanced though, right? So it's not lying.
What kind of misleading list would this be if they only have to support a portion of the three features? At that point add all the XB1S games with just HDR support.

Point is they're clearly implying those three features in the middle are supported in the surrounding box covers.

I don't know who made the graphic, but if it's fan made it's best to question it first.

Colbert

Banned
What kind of misleading list would this be if they only have to support a portion of the three features? At that point add all the XB1S games with just HDR support.

Point is they're clearly implying those three features in the middle are supported in the surrounding box covers.

I don't know who made the graphic, but if it's fan made it's best to question it first.

It is fan made and I read those three stickers as and/or between them. Which is okay as it states the Xbox One X capabilities are used in some way or another.

FZW

Where did it say that the titles have to support ALL 3 features at the same time? That's your assumption and tbh I didn't even make that assumption when I saw it.

It is fan made and I read those three stickers as and/or between them. Which is okay as it states the Xbox One X capabilities are used in some way or another.

This is exactly how I read it. I'm sure if people are worried about ARK, it will play best on this console for sure.
:)

kevin1025

Banned

For me, I read it as the infographic that's going to be on all Xbox One boxes here on out, and these are the games that support any of those things. Plus it's fan made, and it's cool to see all of the games in a single visual that are supporting the new box.

killroy87

Where did it say that the titles have to support ALL 3 features at the same time? That's your assumption and tbh I didn't even make that assumption when I saw it.
Considering this is a fan made thing it doesn't matter, but I agree with him that the image clearly implies those games depicted will have 4K resolution of some kind. If that was an official graphic, MS would be torn to shreds.

Considering this is a fan made thing it doesn't matter, but I agree with him that the image clearly implies those games depicted will have 4K resolution of some kind. If that was an official graphic, MS would be torn to shreds.
The difficulty centers in the third tag, I think. It does not apply to a subset of these games, but to all: every single one is Xbox One X enhanced. It muddies the logic when that universal tag shares equal billing with two tags that don't apply to everything. That's just asking for viewer confusion.

No. Games that run at solid 30fps may be within 30% of 60fps, but just capped to stop variability.

Actually, there are 14 games that have about a 30fps bump on Pro. It's rare, but happens (which is exactly what I expect with one X).

My Pro enhancements thread has a separate list of all HDR games, and then specifics on each game as to resolution, including CBR or native. It's not a single list for the combo you want unfortunately, but the data's there.

As you say, it's a short list (at least for Pro): Elder Scrolls Online, Hustle Kings, Last of Us Remastered, Mantis Burn Racing, MLB the Show 17, NBA 2K17, Wipeout Omega, and The Witness. There are about 30 HDR games and about 40 native 4K games, so the overlap category isn't wide. (We can presume that the upcoming NBA game will be again, though.)

Yep I have seen your list and it's very nice! Made me buy The Surge (yes I'm that easy lol) :D!

The list of native 4k/HDR games is disappointing though. Both PS4 PRO and Xbox X don't seem like true 4k consoles, might be a bit early to judge X but PRO has been meh tbh.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Yep I have seen your list and it's very nice! Made me buy The Surge (yes I'm that easy lol) :D!

The list of native 4k/HDR games is disappointing though. Both PS4 PRO and Xbox X don't seem like true 4k consoles, might be a bit early to judge X but PRO has been meh tbh.

Not Enough FLOPiness and Dat CPU I guess.

Colbert

Banned
Is there a list of Xbox One games that run at dynamic resolutions, which would in theory run at 1080p on X?

Not that I know of. There were a few but 2 of them I knew had dynamic scaling get a 4K patch anyway which are Halo 5 and The Witcher 3. I think BF1 is also a game that sports dynamic resolution but I do not know if it is possible to scale up to 1080p there.

Frostman

Skyrim on the 1X will get other improvements besides the resolution boost so it will hopefully be same with this.

Yeah I understand that, but considering Skyrim is 6 years old, I'm not surprised it will receive benefits alongside the resolution boost. W2TNC isn't even released yet, so to see 4K plus added benefits is surprising to me! Especially since the game targets 60FPS.

This gives me high hopes for the Doom patch.

thill1985

Banned

MS has offered guidance/advice on how to scale framerates in CPU-bound games up to a 60fps experience (taking things like physics and some AI logic that run on the CPU and interpolating them as approximations). Granted, that requires additional effort on the part of programmers to implement that stuff to the best effect, but this narrative here about how we can just glance at the CPU clocks and make blanket generalizations is not helpful.

Top Bottom