• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

Does anyone know the details of the Mafia 3 patch? I know it's advertised as 4K HDR, but no other details provided. So barring a full NXG or Digital Foundry analysis, we don't know any details.

splattered

How do these patches work exactly? I'm confused...

I have the X1XE section open in my games on the dash to upgrade my games one at a time.

Lets take Halo Wars 2 for example.

I updated my wife's copy first and it was something like a 1743mb update and now it shows nothing else to update.. I pop the disc into my XB1X and I get a 30GB update??

I've seen varying patch sizes between my wife's system and mine so far and I don't understand why.

Also when I RB+LB+SEL the titles here I only see Durango listed for assets on ALL of these games even though I sat and downloaded 30GB+ patches?

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
How do these patches work exactly? I'm confused...

I have the X1XE section open in my games on the dash to upgrade my games one at a time.

Lets take Halo Wars 2 for example.

I updated my wife's copy first and it was something like a 1743mb update and now it shows nothing else to update.. I pop the disc into my XB1X and I get a 30GB update??

I've seen varying patch sizes between my wife's system and mine so far and I don't understand why.

Also when I RB+LB+SEL the titles here I only see Durango listed for assets on ALL of these games even though I sat and downloaded 30GB+ patches?
Don't go by the LB RB thing.

Simply use the drop down to change your my games and apps to Xbox One X enhanced. That will tell you if the game has been patched with enhancements or not.

splattered

Don't go by the LB RB thing.

Simply use the drop down to change your my games and apps to Xbox One X enhanced. That will tell you if the game has been patched with enhancements or not.

Well I have 22 games in my enhanced section but every one of them are asking for very large patches even if I've played them recently so I was assuming they were downloading the 4k assets? I didn't think any of these titles had actually been patched yet.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
Well I have 22 games in my enhanced section but every one of them are asking for very large patches even if I've played them recently so I was assuming they were downloading the 4k assets? I didn't think any of these titles had actually been patched yet.

Do you have automatic updates off?

splattered

Ha.. oh heck yes. I have been going over my 1TB Cox Communications Data Cap all year because of the automatic updates on my systems so I shut all that down and I've been manually approving updates when the billing cycle rolls over every month.

frogger

I turned on automatic update, but it doesn't auto download 4k patches for me. I had to start each game to download 4k patches. The 4k patches are not showing as regular update in the update section either.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I turned on automatic update, but it doesn't auto download 4k patches for me. I had to start each game to download 4k patches. The 4k patches are not showing as regular update in the update section either.

When you turn on auto updates it's gonna take time to repopulate and check the status of every game.

If you had it off that's why you're having to update each one.

frogger

When you turn on auto updates it's gonna take time to repopulate and check the status of every game.

If you had it off that's why you're having to update each one.

I left auto update on for several hours, it didn't scan my external hard drive for games to update for some reason. All of the games do show up. I just have to download patch for each game manually.

Nikana

Go Go Neo Rangers!
I left auto update on for several hours, it didn't scan my external hard drive for games to update for some reason. All of the games do show up. I just have to download patch for each game manually.

Did you shut the console off?

Am I the only one who cant play tomb raider for more than 5 minutes without flipping back and forth between the 3 graphic settings?? the game is absolutely gorgeous on 4k, but that butter smooth 60fps... cant just choose one and stick with it

Am I the only one who cant play tomb raider for more than 5 minutes without flipping back and forth between the 3 graphic settings?? the game is absolutely gorgeous on 4k, but that butter smooth 60fps... cant just choose one and stick with it

Good thought I was the only one with that problem.

Mine started back with MLB The Show on the Pro and now this X has made my problem even worse :)

theDeeDubs

Anyone tried playing Dark Souls 3 on X1X? I know it's not Enhanced but should run better on the new hardware.

I forgot if PS4 Pro got a DS3 patch, I seem to remember it sort of did, but was more or less like playing it with Boost Mode.

I've been replaying it on the S lately. I had originally played it on PS4. The frame rate was a hot mess, especially during certain bosses, and gave the controls the feeling of input lag. It feels much better now. I feel like I can actually dodge again. Everything just feels more responsive overall. Load times felt better too. Nothing technical just going off feel of course.

Going to try out DS1 whenever I can finally get the chance to put some time in on the thing.

TrackZ

I️ thought Gears 4 had a mode selection. It’s playing HDR and says 4K assets installed, but I️ don’t see an toggle between visuals and performance.

I️ thought Gears 4 had a mode selection. It’s playing HDR and says 4K assets installed, but I️ don’t see an toggle between visuals and performance.

Only in the main menu options - got to advanced visual settings. You can't change it on the fly in the game

Segaswirl

As someone that only owns a 1080p TV, when I first set the console up and tried Forza 7 I felt a bit of regret that I had maybe wasted my money on the X as the difference to me was negligible. Then I tried Gears 4 and I couldn't believe what I was seeing.

Even on a 1080p set you can still see a lot of the increased detail. Switching between high and lite mode in FF15 I can clearly see the better textures, it looks stunning. Lite mode also looks really good when compared to a base X1 but the fluctuations in frame rate are too much I think.

T Ghost

Wolfenstein 2 Xbox One X Enhanced doesn't have HDR?

I got the latest patch and the game is listed under "Xbox One X enhanced games" in my Games & Apps. Graphics look sharp AF, but no HDR on KS8000...

solis74

thought i'd share the X love :)

In motion it looks draw dropping!

lost some fidelity in these pics though.

0kytL0Lh.jpg

yRnn8hJh.jpg

u0xVLi9h.jpg

NeoFaff

I hope dark souls 3 gets at least a 1080p patch at some point. Dark souls 2 runs great now. May download the first one to see if the problem areas get any improvements.

I found it annoying that the only console that had the whole trilogy didn't get the best version of each game lol.

splattered

I hope dark souls 3 gets at least a 1080p patch at some point. Dark souls 2 runs great now. May download the first one to see if the problem areas get any improvements.

I found it annoying that the only console that had the whole trilogy didn't get the best version of each game lol.

I've been curious as to performance on DS1 myself.. checked youtube a few times today looking for it. Let us know how it runs!

so the enhanced patch for ghost recon is out.

on the xbox site it just has HDR, but on the Ghost recon site it has 4k and HDR?

Does anyone have a definitive answer on this?

TribladeX

Neo Member
Any impressions on f1 2017?

Until the X arrived, I was playing the game on an S and, weirdly, the latest patch (presumably the one that made it X-enhanced) seems to have buggered a bunch of stuff up. On top of the usual tearing there's now a bunch of occasional graphical glitches (parts of the screen briefly turning green/blue/purple etc) and -- along with the tearing -- it's making the whole thing rather unpleasant to look at...

Switching to the X version on Tuesday night, the tearing's gone completely. In fact the entire thing is somewhat dreamily smooth now. However I wasn't particular blown away by it until I did a 5-lap Singapore race last night, with my headphones on. Singapore just looks beautiful in 4K HDR and (with the headphones) I found myself just completely lost and absorbed in the experience. There are moments on that track (in the last few corners) where things get rather gloomy looking, but with vibrant greens and purple lights reflecting off of the cars and tarmac. But then you enter the start/finish straight and everything flares up in bright white light under the stadium spot lights. The contrast is just... wow. I think for a brief moment, my brain got tricked into believing I was there.

Unmoses

It's definitely killing me. LOL. Game looks fantastic, and you can see behind the UI shadow the texture details, but the smooth fps is delicious. I guess it's a win win

Macaco84

Until the X arrived, I was playing the game on an S and, weirdly, the latest patch (presumably the one that made it X-enhanced) seems to have buggered a bunch of stuff up. On top of the usual tearing there's now a bunch of occasional graphical glitches (parts of the screen briefly turning green/blue/purple etc) and -- along with the tearing -- it's making the whole thing rather unpleasant to look at...

Switching to the X version on Tuesday night, the tearing's gone completely. In fact the entire thing is somewhat dreamily smooth now. However I wasn't particular blown away by it until I did a 5-lap Singapore race last night, with my headphones on. Singapore just looks beautiful in 4K HDR and (with the headphones) I found myself just completely lost and absorbed in the experience. There are moments on that track (in the last few corners) where things get rather gloomy looking, but with vibrant greens and purple lights reflecting off of the cars and tarmac. But then you enter the start/finish straight and everything flares up in bright white light under the stadium spot lights. The contrast is just... wow. I think for a brief moment, my brain got tricked into believing I was there.

Wow this is great news. Definitely adding to my christmas list now (or hoping for a black friday reduction).

Always thought the tearing was ashame on the pro as the game is absolutely fantastic. The cars are a dream to drive and the ai difficulty is spot on (i race at level 100 which is a real challenge - im normally just about hanging onto the coat tails of my team mate).

Top Bottom