• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

FrankT

Diablo 3 sounds like it might get something. At least the latest DLC announcement said some features are only available on the X. I think it was an additional gameplay element. Not sure if that means the whole game will be enhanced in any way.

Nice. Sure would be up for some Dark Souls love. A man can dream.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I'm still so happy that The Witcher 3 is getting a patch. I honestly don't know why I had a gut feeling that it would happen, maybe because of the marketing deal they had and their relationship, but I just felt it would be announced at E3. And it happened.

I don't mind the wait to play either, I have the 360 version of The Witcher 2 waiting for me to play first either way. Won The Witcher 3 digitally at launch, so before I even bought the XB1S and bought the Expansion Pass with some credit I won. So that universe is just waiting for me to explore.

And that doesn't count all of the other games getting enhancements that I'm happy for as well, like Gears 4. The last game I'm waiting on confirmation for is Overwatch. Hope they crank that one up all the way, it already looks great on XB1S as is already too.

So what? 50-55fps then?

I think I heard someone in square booth said it was locked 60, but I may be remembering wrong. I remember something being said along those lines, however. Don't think I was hearing things cause one of the guys I was with also repeated the same thing and was talking about it with some other people about what was said over there.

m23

I think I heard someone in square booth said it was locked 60, but I may be remembering wrong. I remember something being said along those lines, however. Don't think I was hearing things cause one of the guys I was with also repeated the same thing and was talking about it with some other people about what was said over there.

Sorry man, you said the same thing about Zen being in Scorpio. I think it's time to stop telling us what you overheard at e3 unless you were told something directly.

thelastword

Banned
I don't think it will be locked 60fps, it looks to be CPU bound in quite a few scenarios..

Sorry man, you said the same thing about Zen being in Scorpio. I think it's time to stop telling us what you overheard at e3 unless you were told something directly.

That was my own speculation based on the impressions I was getting based on questions I specifically asked, and how serious they seemed to be taking all discussions and speculations on Zen. It was me trying to read their reactions and their receptiveness to the Zen question. I read wrong, and I assumed that there was a very good chance it was in there. I don't mind being wrong.

And, obviously, they weren't going to say anything to convince me and others otherwise, as a big part of things like that is to let people's imagination run wild as to what the new system could be packing.

This is a little different, however. I was told directly by someone in the square booth that it would be a locked 60. You don't have to take my word as law, but that's what I heard.

I don't think it will be locked 60fps, it looks to be CPU bound in quite a few scenarios..

Perhaps you're right. Will see.

Theorry

"Jez ✖‏ @JezCorden
My info re: Star Wars: Battlefront II being 4K60 on Xbox One X prob won't pan out, sorry for setting expectations, targets aren't locked in."

"Jez ✖‏ @JezCorden
Gonna wait til I get hard info in the future, like I did with the Scorpio stuff, rather than rely on word of mouth. #learning"

etta

my hard graphic balls
"Jez ✖‏ @JezCorden
My info re: Star Wars: Battlefront II being 4K60 on Xbox One X prob won't pan out, sorry for setting expectations, targets aren't locked in."

"Jez ✖‏ @JezCorden
Gonna wait til I get hard info in the future, like I did with the Scorpio stuff, rather than rely on word of mouth. #learning"
Fucking Jaguar, what a nuisance that architecture has been.

El_Chino

"Jez ✖‏ @JezCorden

"Jez ✖‏ @JezCorden
I wonder why and what resolution it will settle on.

Montresor

No matter what the final target is, it will have better performance, resolution, and bells and whistles than the PS4 Pro version most likely.

I don't think people should get too hung up on hitting certain hard targets like 4k60fps or whatnot.

To me the most important thing is that it looks good and performs well (i.e. looks beautiful and has rock solid frame rate).

So if they decide they want to hit a certain visual fidelity and they go with 1440p checkerboarded up to 4k with 60fps, and it turns out to be a locked 60fps with great bells and whistles, so be it.

Phil Spencer has already stated that it is 100% up to the developers how they choose to use Xbox One X's power - they won't mandate a type of resolution.

Gamezone

Gold Member
I think it's weird to hace those 4K stickers on the box if the 4K isn't enabled right feom the box. Forza 7 is probably getting the 4K update later on.

Theorry

Think 4K is possible. Just dynamic. I mean Battlefront is no Battlefield. Less players overall and way less destruction. So less CPU intensive.

Just want a fully locked Forza style 60fps tho.

Anyone know if Mass Effect Andromeda and Deus Ex MD are getting an update?
I have yet to hear anything on those two, but they're on the top of my list. Considering there is already a Pro patch for both, though, I think it isn't far-fetched to expect one.

gamz

Think 4K is possible. Just dynamic. I mean Battlefront is no Battlefield. Less players overall and way less destruction. So less CPU intensive.

Just want a fully locked Forza style 60fps tho.

My thoughts as well. It's going to look stunning!

Bsigg12

I think it's weird to hace those 4K stickers on the box if the 4K isn't enabled right feom the box. Forza 7 is probably getting the 4K update later on.

I mean Forza 7 comes out before the X actually comes out. It'll be ready day one for the X though.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.

Probably not because of Jaguar since the game is supposed to run at 60 fps on all platforms. More a case of not enough GPU power to go from 720p to native 4K. Which makes sense, since according to Microsoft it can bring games running at 900p upwards to native 4K.

KageMaru

Assuming Battlefront 2 is a locked 60fps like the first one was, it's unlikely that the CPU is the issue here. Now if it doesn't hold a 60fps as well as the first game, then yeah we can point the finger at the CPU most likely being the cause.

I'd be surprised if they didn't go with CBR with both the X and Pro versions of this game. It's a feature of the frostbite engine.

etta

my hard graphic balls
No matter what the final target is, it will have better performance, resolution, and bells and whistles than the PS4 Pro version most likely.

I don't think people should get too hung up on hitting certain hard targets like 4k60fps or whatnot.

To me the most important thing is that it looks good and performs well (i.e. looks beautiful and has rock solid frame rate).

So if they decide they want to hit a certain visual fidelity and they go with 1440p checkerboarded up to 4k with 60fps, and it turns out to be a locked 60fps with great bells and whistles, so be it.

Phil Spencer has already stated that it is 100% up to the developers how they choose to use Xbox One X's power - they won't mandate a type of resolution.
I’m actually quite fine with it being sub-native 4K, but if and only if they’re using higher graphical presets than the Pro. As of right now it seems the Xbox One X is just a more expensive Pro when it comes to third party games.
I’ll wait for DF analysis at release to make final judgement, though.

El_Chino

Probably not because of Jaguar since the game is supposed to run at 60 fps on all platforms. More a case of not enough GPU power to go from 720p to native 4K. Which makes sense, since according to Microsoft it can bring games running at 900p upwards to native 4K.
It is a difference of 7372800 pixels.

I believe 4K is 9x the amount of pixels from 720p isn't it? Xbox one X is only 4.61 more powerful than OG Xbox One.

EBreda

You can add Fifa 18 at 4k/60. 17 already runs like this on the Pro :

FIFA 17's PlayStation 4 Pro upgrade is impressive - not especially so in terms of visual features, but certainly for its prodigious increase to base resolution. The 1080p framebuffer from the standard PlayStation 4 version gets an uncompromised lift to native 4K - no upscaling, no checkerboarding, no temporal super-sampling. The end result is that an already clean and crisp title receives an even great boost to visual clarity.
[...].
The bottom line is clear though - FIFA is built to console spec, but it's great to see that the headroom is there to run the title at native 4K. We ran an entire match through our frame-rate tools and noted that top-down gameplay remains consistent at 60fps, with the existing 30fps camera views remaining at half-refresh.

Source: DF.

Theorry

F1 2017

“So, we are already running on Xbox One X over in the Microsoft stand. So that’s here this year already. It’s already running at 4K and 60 frames per second with HDR enabled. It’s still early days with that build but we’ve already started to turn up some of the features.”

We’re going to see how far we can get to being close to a high spec PC. We’ve increased the fidelity of the mirrors, so they run a higher frame rate and higher detail. Shadows can be better. Reflections can be better. See, it’s still early days for that one. But we are already running on it, and it’s here at the show.

Frostman

So are we likely to see 1080p output options with all the bells and whistles turned up, as well as 4k out with as much as they can add?

I don't know if that's likely, the way it's worded makes it sound like it will be 4K with settings turned up, which is still absolutely fantastic.

This game would make for some interesting comparisons post launch.

scently

I don't know if that's likely, the way it's worded makes it sound like it will be 4K with settings turned up, which is still absolutely fantastic.

This game would make for some interesting comparisons post launch.

Yeah, It really wouldn't make sense to have a 4k mode with graphical improvements over the base X1 version and still have a 1080p mode with some more minor improvements. The base X1 version is likely already running at 1080p/60fps. Running at 4k/60fps is already a great improvement to IQ and the overall look of a game.

It seems quite a bit of high profile game will be running at native 4k, I wonder if DF or NXGamer got a look at this game.

rewopsisnogard

Neo Member
I'm waiting for Cities:Skylines to support XBOX. I like this game from Youtube footage and gameplay videos, And I want to see it get pretty.

c0de

Assuming Fifa 18 gets the same treatment.

Well, they did a patch for the pro for Fifa 17 which was already released so I guess we can be pretty sure that they will do it with a new release, too, on both platforms.

Trup1aya

"Jez ✖‏ @JezCorden

"Jez ✖‏ @JezCorden

Sucks for list wars, but honestly, I think for the most part, gunning for native 4K when most users are on TVs several feet away is inefficient.

Gimme a nice checkerboard and up my settings, all day. The fact that the box is powerful enough, in theory , to push from native 1080p to native 4K without changing settings should means some sexy checkerboards with upped settings.

Checkerboard rendering is not a type of upscaling. You don't "checkerboard up to" anything, you use CBR to render the game at a specific size.

As of right now it seems the Xbox One X is just a more expensive Pro when it comes to third party games.
Third party or not makes no difference: a more expensive, more powerful Pro is exactly what One X is. It's the same idea, but with better results. Not every game on Pro is native 4K, and neither will every One X game be. That doesn't mean the hardware or the developer is a failure.

FZW

Checkerboard rendering is not a type of upscaling. You don't "checkerboard up to" anything, you use CBR to render the game at a specific size.

Third party or not makes no difference: a more expensive, more powerful Pro is exactly what One X is. It's the same idea, but with better results. Not every game on Pro is native 4K, and neither will every One X game be. That doesn't mean the hardware or the developer is a failure.
couldnt say it better myself

Hawk269

I'm waiting for Cities:Skylines to support XBOX. I like this game from Youtube footage and gameplay videos, And I want to see it get pretty.

It is a fun game, but I agree with you, a Xbox One X patch would be great. If they could get it to 4k/30fps with improved shadows would be really make it look even better.

shanew21

Sucks for list wars, but honestly, I think for the most part, gunning for native 4K when most users are on TVs several feet away is inefficient.

Gimme a nice checkerboard and up my settings, all day. The fact that the box is powerful enough, in theory , to push from native 1080p to native 4K without changing settings should means some sexy checkerboards with upped settings.
I'm pretty sure it ran at 720p on XB1, so it makes sense that it couldn't hit 4K. That's a really large resolution boost.

c0de

I'm pretty sure it ran at 720p on XB1, so it makes sense that it couldn't hit 4K. That's a really large resolution boost.

It depends on why a game was 720p. The fox engine games for example could perhaps be in the end, the engine underperformed on Xbox One.

Top Bottom