• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

This is the only thread that matters! And the face-offs. And the Enhanced Game thread. And ...

Odd. Thought the Scorpio Edition was sold through. MS, now please tell us when the standard edition is open for pre-order!

Well because Scorpio Edition never start the pre-order in Asia countries yet, hope September 14 is the date for us lol.

MouldyK

Hmmm... I wonder if MH World will be there!?

It is a Sony's Booth.

Call of Duty: WWII, Star Wars Battlefront II & more playable at EGX

In addition to PSVR, PlayStation's biggest ever EGX stand will boast a huge number of both first and third party playable titles. Here's the complete list.

Call of Duty: WWII
Detroit: Become Human
Everybody’s Golf
FIFA 18
Gran Turismo Sport
Hidden Agenda
Knack II
Knowledge is Power
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2
The LEGO NINJAGO Movie Video Game
Monster Hunter World
NBA 2K18
Ni no Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom
Star Wars Battlefront II
Uncharted: The Lost Legacy
WWE 2K18

I remember either last year or year before there was a GAF Thread for EGX talk.

Wonder if there will be one this year.

FN-2187

The fact that Apple / studios are not making u double dip for the 4k version is awesome and a good sign that MS can likely work out a similar deal.

Exactly. I am hoping Google and MS follow Apple and have price parity between HD and 4K for rentals. Also hope this means more widespread 4K offerings from all of the studios on the various digital storefronts.

I've got a Scorpio ordered at Amazon, but I have $300 in trade credit at GS from the last promo, plus presumably $100 for my old X1. I'm really hoping for standard edition preorders to open in store at Gamestop and enough time to do the deal.

I know the tricks about converting Gamestop trade credit to Amazon cards but I really don't want to deal with the mess of doing that.

KodaRuss

Looks like I will be joining the Xbox family (won a One X from the Taco Bell deal).

I kinda want an Elite controller are they still $150 everywhere or have they been on sale at all?

HooYaH

Looks like I will be joining the Xbox family (won a One X from the Taco Bell deal).

I kinda want an Elite controller are they still $150 everywhere or have they been on sale at all?

They've been on sale for around $100-$110. I would just wait till they start the early Black Friday sales to get it since you won't get the Xbox X till Nov.

watership

Warning about the elite. It will ruin you on other controllers. Completely ruin you. Wish I was kidding. When my niece broke my elite, I lasted on the old controllers for about a week before I ordered a new one.

Colbert

Banned

You
lucky
bastard!

giphy.gif

They've been on sale for around $100-$110. I would just wait till they start the early Black Friday sales to get it since you won't get the Xbox X till Nov.

Or even wait for the first revision.
Build in Bluetooth and better build quality for the bumper bridge and rubberized grip should be done...

The Xbox One S controller is such an improvement over the first iteration

I've seen so many people on Reddit win too. I am taking my ass over to Taco Bell in about five minutes lol. Only thing I've ever won was a jar of old lady candy, so I'm not hopeful.
MTD and doritos giving away a console every minute instead of every 10 minutes.
You should try your luck on that raffle

KodaRuss

I put the code in at 7am on the way to work yesterday and won. It does seem like a lot of people are winning. It comes with Forza as well which is pretty sweet.

I have some games to play that I missed as I never had an Xbox One before.

I put the code in at 7am on the way to work yesterday and won. It does seem like a lot of people are winning. It comes with Forza as well which is pretty sweet.

I have some games to play that I missed as I never had an Xbox One before.

Well I didn't win on my lunch break lol, but I've got a little store credit to soften the blow, so it still works out well. In any case, it's good to see a fellow gaffer win one. Hope you enjoy!

I'm quite jealous of the folks winning the Taco Bell contest! I'll try my hand at it this weekend as well as when the free online code becomes available. Not optimistic, but it'd be awesome to get one for free! Seems like the odds are pretty good so it's worth a shot.

KodaRuss

Well I didn't win on my lunch break lol, but I've got a little store credit to soften the blow, so it still works out well. In any case, it's good to see a fellow gaffer win one. Hope you enjoy!

Save the code and use it when people are not buying Taco Bell in the morning. That seems to be how many Gaffers have won during this contest and the previous PSVR ones.

Klocker

Will adopters get kinect adapters for free like with the S launch?

sure as hell hope so but not looking likely now

i have an adapter sitting in my cart on amazon until we know for sure

would suck to have to pay another $40 on top of $500 just for being early adopter of xbone

Oozer3993

They've been on sale from time to time. You could also get a refurbished one. You can find those in the $70 and $80 range. I got one from Newegg for $70 a couple months ago that you'd swear was brand new.

Novocaine

Took my PS4 in to EB today and traded it in towards the X. Got $260, will definitely take the sting out come November. Still contemplating on whether to trade in my current Xbox or keep it. Might be cool to have a second one on a TV in another room.

Ushay

I think I may re-order the standard edition (when it goes up), I like the solid black colour a lot more than the gradient.

Who's with me?!

Colbert

Banned
I think I may re-order the standard edition (when it goes up), I like the solid black colour a lot more than the gradient.

Who's with me?!

I have decided to pre-order both and compare both consoles side by side in my living room. if the Scorpio Edition looks decent enough I will keep it. I know I do a lot of flip-flopping in this case but the Standard looks way more intriguing to me just from the pictures of it.

It's happening this upcoming week isn't it?

People say 20th Sept.

aaaaa0

My seagate has been perfect and fast. 4 years running

If it's 4 years old, it's not SMR. Specifically this Seagate Archive series of drives is SMR, and has been showing up in a variety of cheap Seagate USB 3.0 external hard disks:

http://www.seagate.com/enterprise-storage/hard-disk-drives/archive-hdd/

SMR hard disks are OK for backup drives (that's kind of what they're intended for), but for a drive where there is a lot of activity, say as a PC or Xbox drive, I would recommend avoiding them and sticking with PMR drives because they will be faster.

roofles," include install $63.99?"

the 6tb black seems like a sweet deal at $129

may get one of these, deleting too much off my 2tb drive now. I figured with the X I would also gain another 500gb, but I don't think thats enough any more.

Not with 95gb games in addition to some of these others. I was going to get a 2, but I’m thinking a 4tb is my best bet.

Colbert

Banned
I am very satisfied and having a good experience with my 4GB WD My Passport drives. Decent speed, silent, small and no extra power supply needed.

Top Bottom