• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

spookyfish

Any chance Microsoft will do custom orders of the X with more than 1TB

like someday I hope to see 4TB consoles or more, I hate the idea of using an external drive, so far I just uninstall and reinstall when I get close to maxing out

I imagine cyberpunk is probably 100 Plus gigs... Also guaranteed Halo 6/Gears 5

Yeah, it the vanilla X has a model with a 2TB drive, I'll cancel my Scorpio preorder and go with that one.

LowSignal

like someday I hope to see 4TB consoles or more, I hate the idea of using an external drive, so far I just uninstall and reinstall when I get close to maxing out

It would cost to much, just like when you order a prebuilt computer and they want double or triple the price for a component compared to buying it separately.

Lima

Who hates external drives lol? Just throw it behind the box if you don't like seeing it or whatever. What a weird complaint.

Thank you both. Going this route.

I wish they would hurry and do it. I want to try to catch one at GameStop and trade in my son's Xbox there while that promo is going. If I don't have a preorder from there, then I don't need to bother.

Thats my reason too :( even in Canada there's at 2x trade promo. Can park the credit on a 2018 game preorder but who knows if they'll allow transferring it over in Nov to the X. Wish MS would hurry up.

I upgraded to an 8gig external drive. Those 4k textures are going to demand space. I think it ran me $129 on Best Buy "Deal of the Day".

Any hopes for a slim external hdd 2 or 3tb that goes along with the design of X1X? An official 3rd party one? I like those previous Seagates made with the colour of Xbox. However green and white doesn't work now if I want to hide it behind the console.. Gotta stay black.

JeffG

Any hopes for a slim external hdd 2 or 3tb that goes along with the design of X1X? An official 3rd party one? I like those previous Seagates made with the colour of Xbox. However green and white doesn't work now if I want to hide it behind the console.. Gotta stay black.

There is a black Seagate version that has the 2 USB ports. up to 8TB

Colbert

Banned
Soon ™

jhc19nk.png

MauroNL

Sweet just got an e-mail saying I made the first batch of Scorpio Editions at Bol.com in The Netherlands. Been sold out for a while but pre-ordered right after the conference so glad I did. Roll on Nov 7!

Who hates external drives lol? Just throw it behind the box if you don't like seeing it or whatever. What a weird complaint.

Guess I'm the only one

I'd gladly pay $600 for a 3TB edition, shit id pay for $650 for a 4TB edition with a special scorpio edition Elite controller bundle with maybe a bundled game

Novocaine

Got my 8TB Seagate Gamedrive today. If anyone was curious, it came with power adapter options for several different countries in the box. Thankfully because I'm Australian and bought it from Amazon.

Not sure about the tech but aren't the passports the newer model?

Passport has backup software installed and a longer warranty. The backup software doesn't matter but you might as well get the warranty since the two models seem to basically be the same price. Passport is a marginally better buy.

Gorki247

Passport has backup software installed and a longer warranty. The backup software doesn't matter but you might as well get the warranty since the two models seem to basically be the same price. Passport is a marginally better buy.
Thanks. That's what I figured out after some more reading. The key difference appears to be in the software and support provided.

The Elements hard drive is a basic external drive that plugs into your PC and works as expected. The passport on the other hand offers software support, cloud backup, password protection and data encryption utilities pre-loaded.

Of course, all of this is irrelevant when using it for your console. So in the end it comes down to price, warranty and maybe looks.

ZOONAMI

Adds to the price.

Yeah, it just is kind of weird that the most premium Xbox model has less storage space than the lower spec s model, even if it's only on optional upgrade on the S. I would also imagine the bom difference on a 1tb vs 2tb 5400rpm spinner is basically negligible.

I use a Sewell Switchdeck and it works fine on my samsung tv, 4k and HDR all good.

Thanks for that! some of these switches on Amazon, it's confusing exactly what is supported by the products on the page. Hopefully they ship to Canada.

Do you use yours for a PS4 Pro by chance? I hear they can be finicky with switches.

Tall Paul

Just snagged a 2TB WD for £54.00 it's blue but I can attach it behind cabinet, bit of extra space for when the X turns up and prep for the 4K assets download!

Thanks for that! some of these switches on Amazon, it's confusing exactly what is supported by the products on the page. Hopefully they ship to Canada.

Interesting coincidence, I live in Canada and they were able to ship it here, I got hit with a $14 fee by the post office . Not a big deal :)

Order it directly from the company as for some reason Amazon would not ship it here

Interesting coincidence, I live in Canada and they were able to ship it here, I got hit with a $14 fee by the post office . Not a big deal :)

Order it directly from the company as for some reason Amazon would not ship it here

I can handle a 14$ fee for peace of mind, I have been reading that alot of the HDMI switches have degradation in picture quality and other issues. Thank you for the advice!

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Looks so good!

DCpQ3sHVwAAyG1h.jpg:large

I hate staring at things I can't go home with. It's why I don't go to strip clubs... that... and I'm married. Still, you get the idea. For some reason though, I can't stay away from this or other X related threads.

gamz

I hate staring at things I can't go home with. It's why I don't go to strip clubs... that... and I'm married. Still, you get the idea. For some reason though, I can't stay away from this or other X related threads.

Not to mention when I quickly glance at iPhone X I think it's about Xbox.

I can handle a 14$ fee for peace of mind, I have been reading that alot of the HDMI switches have degradation in picture quality and other issues. Thank you for the advice!

Happy to help :) I realize I forgot to mention the answer to your other question; yes I do use it on a PS4 Pro and Xbox One S.

Colbert

Banned

This is the only thread that matters! And the face-offs. And the Enhanced Game thread. And ...

Saw it in reddit
https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/6znzt7/preorders_for_the_xbox_one_x_scorpio_edition/

"Pre-orders for the Xbox One X Scorpio Edition start on the 14th of September in the Middle East"
I guess other Asia countries will be same as Middle East?

Odd. Thought the Scorpio Edition was sold through. MS, now please tell us when the standard edition is open for pre-order!

Top Bottom