• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Maedre

Banned
Does anyone know when the reviews will start appearing?

It's probably not going to change much, if anything, considering it's just an upgraded Xbox One, but I'm still interested in reading them.

I pre-ordert one, but I need a good review with regards to the noise levels. I fucking hate my PS4 pro in this.

Bickle2

It uses two AA batteries.

I use rechargeable AAs in my controllers. I believe you can get get rechargeable packs too, but haven't tried those.

I will never figure out ehy people want built in batteries. They’re too small, they eventually wear out leaving you with a dead controller. A 4-pack of rechargeable AA with charger can be had for $10 on amazon, another 8 for as low as $10 more. And they’re hot swappable, you never have to plug-in

Cheech

I will never figure out ehy people want built in batteries. They’re too small, they eventually wear out leaving you with a dead controller. A 4-pack of rechargeable AA with charger can be had for $10 on amazon, another 8 for as low as $10 more. And they’re hot swappable, you never have to plug-in

I've used the same Eneloops for my Xbox controllers I bought when I bought my 360 back in... 2005? Was it really that long ago? Yeah. I love the AA setup in the Xbox controllers vs. the Playstation "built in" approach.

pswii60

I pre-ordert one, but I need a good review with regards to the noise levels. I fucking hate my PS4 pro in this.
Me too. The XBX seems like a much better designed device but I'm concerned them packing all that power in to such a small space that it might sound like a jet plane.

cucuchu

This could be different case by case, similar to the PS4 Pro...

The PS4 Pro I picked up on release day was LOUD any time I launched a game and then would rev up and down constantly. I only had it a few days before I realized it was locking up any time it would utilize its checkerboard technique and exchange it for a PS4 Pro that has been completely silent except for some RARE odd cases where I am in a game menu in a couple of games. My friend complains that his PS4 Pro gets loud during Destiny 2 and Fortnite while my PS4 Pro is completely silent for the most part and comparable to the minimum amount of noise my OG Xbox One had.

So yeah, it may vary for the XBOX as well. I've heard conflicting reports on it.

Are there any good trade-in deals (U.S.) for the original XB1 rather than the S? It’s a Day One version so it should be worth a lot, right?
I know it isn’t

cucuchu

Are there any good trade-in deals (U.S.) for the original XB1 rather than the S? It’s a Day One version so it should be worth a lot, right?
I know it isn’t

Unless you get very lucky at Gamestop then you are only getting $70 for it and that is with store credit. You can sell it for more elsewhere but it was not worth the headache to me and I just wanted to clear space from my entertainment center.

However, there will be better trade in deals when the XBOX launches through November 19th and you can get $100 for it.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-x-gamestop-announces-trade-in-offers/1100-6452683/

Apples_89

I have two pending transactions from Walmart on my Visa for the XOX, when I've only ordered one. Anyone know if this is normal for them to do for authorization purposes, or whether I should be concerned about getting double-billed?

tommyguns

Still not sure what to do here. I want a new gadget, and would love to get the One X. But i don't play my Xbox One S all that much.

I guess I'm worried about buying games for my PS4 Pro and then realizing that those games look WAY better on the X. Will feel like I'm missing out

JMY86

Still not sure what to do here. I want a new gadget, and would love to get the One X. But i don't play my Xbox One S all that much.

I guess I'm worried about buying games for my PS4 Pro and then realizing that those games look WAY better on the X. Will feel like I'm missing out

If you are looking for the highest graphical fidelity console gaming experience the Xbox One X is definitely the way to go. Shadow of War looks significantly better on the X and I am expecting AC: Origins and many other games to be the same. That being said $500 is a significant gaming investment that many are not willing to invest in being able to play many of the games on PS4/Pro. I feel the investment is absolutely worth it for me having a 4K/HDR capable TV and gaming as much as I do.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
I asked my local GameStop if they are doing midnight launch. Got a straight .. I don’t know, call back next week. I like 45 minutes from New York City. Like.. allocations are known and are decent. Lol.

I was really concerned about this too. I forgot where, but I did find one review saying it was pretty quiet. Maybe even quieter than the original Xbox One. I read on Reddit it was quieter than the original but not as quiet as the S, but close. I got on twitter and asked a few folks to give us some info. I did find this old article:

https://aavidgenie.com/xbox-one-x-thermal-management/
With great power comes great responsibility… to dissipate heat appropriately. While Microsoft’s statement about noise can be true, it usually comes with a trade off of more volume or complex technologies. The blower in the picture looks like it’s on the larger size, both in diameter and depth. The larger blower, “the supercharger-style centrifugal fan”, means that it can run slower than a smaller one to keep noise down. It also has an added benefit of longer lifespan since the console won’t be pushing the bearings to the max all the time. Thanks Microsoft! The fan noise cuts into the game experience.

Is there no chance of getting it on the 7th if my order still doesn’t list a date?

I'm pretty sure most if not all the people who preordered a Scorpio Edition will get one on the 7th. It's just a matter of them getting the units at the distribution center that delivers to your area. By the end of this week/early next week we all should be happy.

Norse

Unless you get very lucky at Gamestop then you are only getting $70 for it and that is with store credit. You can sell it for more elsewhere but it was not worth the headache to me and I just wanted to clear space from my entertainment center.

However, there will be better trade in deals when the XBOX launches through November 19th and you can get $100 for it.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/xbox-one-x-gamestop-announces-trade-in-offers/1100-6452683/

Hopefully 1S 2TB will get me 200$ then.

I'm pretty sure most if not all the people who preordered a Scorpio Edition will get one on the 7th. It's just a matter of them getting the units at the distribution center that delivers to your area. By the end of this week/early next week we all should be happy.

Hopefully so. I was able to preorder mine very shortly after it went live, just haven’t had my date change and it’s making me a little nervous.

I have flip-flopped between ordering and not so many times I've lost count.

I have a regular PS4 and Xbox One S. Also a 4K HDR TV.

I feel happy enough with the HDR already available on both of these, and the TV does a good job of upscaling, so not sure I'm going to notice £350 worth of difference in image quality (difference between Xbox One X and trade in price for my S)

Any thoughts?!

Weevilone

I've cleaned up some extra preorders made when I was afraid of cancellations and such. I'm down to the Microsoft Online preorder, and stocked my MS bucks account with plenty of funds to cover it (at 20% off). Should be gtg.

nemisis0

I feel happy enough with the HDR already available on both of these, and the TV does a good job of upscaling, so not sure I'm going to notice £350 worth of difference in image quality (difference between Xbox One X and trade in price for my S)

Any thoughts?!

I would say you will see a massive difference especially using a 4K tv, the upscaling the tv does is not the same as what the extra ram and flops the Xbox will provide in terms of quality on screen.

Any thoughts?!

Looking at shadow of war the difference is much more than higher res, so should be a lot better looking that either ps4 or Xbox one s, id trade the s in. Upto you though if the money you need to pay on top of the S is worth the better graphics

jaxpunk

Checked my amazon order and it finally got a date attached to it.

UGH do I really want to drop $500 on another xbox. I've got the S and it's really just a UHD bluray player at this point. With my Nvidia Shield I can run games at 4k from my pc if I really wanted to. Also I'll kick myself when around black friday there is bound to be some sort of pack / bundle for cheaper.

gt86

Any thoughts?!

You will see a nice increase in quality I think, I have 2 Samsung ks8000s and when my friend brings over his base PS4, I have a PS4 pro, Destiny 2 looks so much better and that's a game with cb 4k and no hdr.

enemy2k

Well this sucks, had my Scorpio edition preordered since the first few minutes it went up on amazon but my car is in the shop now, there goes my Xbox one X money 😭

quest

Not Banned from OT
No date on my Amazon pre order yet think I will be SOL. Mine was when they did a second wave of scorpio pre orders.

Thanks for the replies to my question. I meant to add I have quite a backlog of games on my S which aren't in the "improved for X" list. Will these still show SOME difference even if not as major as those targeted for overhaul?

harz-marz

Thanks for the replies to my question. I meant to add I have quite a backlog of games on my S which aren't in the "improved for X" list. Will these still show SOME difference even if not as major as those targeted for overhaul?

Games with a dynamic resolution will more than likely hit 1080p on a more consistent basis.

Lima

I was really concerned about this too. I forgot where, but I did find one review saying it was pretty quiet. Maybe even quieter than the original Xbox One. I read on Reddit it was quieter than the original but not as quiet as the S, but close. I got on twitter and asked a few folks to give us some info. I did find this old article:

The S is louder than the OG One so this doesn’t make much sense tbh.

JMY86

Grabbed one. I've been waiting for it to pop up again.

I just grabbed another one. I ordered a Scorpio Edition minutes after the preorders went live, I like the console design but I am not crazy about the text on the controller for some reason. I will cancel one of the orders but I'm not sure which on yet...

anyone know if gamestops are having 9 pm releases the night before? The employee who answered the phone straight up told me he doesnt know and I should call back when their manager is in.

Top Bottom