• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.
Forza 7 or Pubg would make me reconsider it. Paying 500 with no new games will make me wait a few months..

That's where I am, apart from PUGB. I've gone from day one, to "wait and see". So they'll need to do something to get me back.

The only other issue is that whatever game gets bundled (if that is what happens) then places like CDKeys will be flooded with dirt cheap codes, so a free game is still not an amazing proposition.

Farsi

I remember when the pro got a $70 price cut right after Black Friday, I think I may wait this one out until mid-December just incase.

Colbert

Banned
Well won't most of the Q4 3rd party games have X support at launch anyway?

Plus all the patches of released games that will launch when X does?

Yeah I will play a lot games of my backlog instead of new games. The Witcher 3, Final Fantasy 15, Titanfall 2 and Gears of War 4 to name a few!

Thebonehead

Banned
Yeah I will play a lot games of my backlog instead of new games. The Witcher 3, Final Fantasy 15, Titanfall 2 and Gears of War 4 to name a few!

I'm looking forward to lots of back catalogue i picked up in the sales and EA access including that i'm holding back on:

Battlefield 1, Dead Rising 4, Dishonored 2, DOOM, Titanfall 2, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands

as well as revisiting Halo5, FH3, Gears 4, Fallout 4

Will also pick up AC: Origins, FH7, SW: BF 2 and Wolfenstein.

So all in all, quite a lot to be going on with

f@luS

More than a member.
Didn't play much my Xbox S as I bought it for UhD
Almost finished gears waiting for the X as I think it's a bit blurry now. Halo 5 didn't play. Actually I only played horizon 3. A lot of backlog. Thanks to EA can't wait for bf1 at +-4K

itf56

I would be amazed if there's no Forza SKU given there's been one for Xbox One and One S and they've been making it their flagship 4K title since the Eurogamer article.

ViciousDS

Banned

Yes

Final Fantasy XV and The Witcher 3 I've been waiting on. Hell I won't even touch my pro version of XV because I'm thinking that the X version might be the definitive version we have been waiting for with zero frame pacing issues.

I'm excited for my backlog

Bsigg12

It's just gonna be 3 months of Xbox Game Pass huh?

The Taco Bell contest that starts on the 31st comes with Forza 7 and a 3 month Game Pass code to accompany the X.

_Legacy_

This will be the first time since OG Xbox where I'm not going to be pre-ordering an MS console for day 1. I have seen nothing that has convinced me to buy the console this year.

I'll wait until a price drop in 2018.

It's just gonna be 3 months of Xbox Game Pass huh?

The Taco Bell contest that starts on the 31st comes with Forza 7 and a 3 month Game Pass code to accompany the X.

Recently, I was thinking racing vrs sports bundle and with Fifa gone there's only Madden available isn't there?

There's such few games with Crackdown bumped that I just can't guess what's going to happen. I would play Forza but it wouldn't have convinced me if I was still on the fence.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue
Why do I get the odd feeling some are now starting to sound like someone at a car dealership trying to win on a deal? "I'll take it right now if you throw in a set of floor mats and the navigation system!".

EvB

Why do I get the odd feeling some are now starting to sound like someone at a car dealership trying to win on a deal? "I'll take it right now if you throw in a set of floor mats and the navigation system!".

*kicks tyres*

I don’t need it anyway, I built my own car and it’s way more powerful.

Darklor01

*kicks tyres*

I don't need it anyway, I built my own car and it's way more powerful.

Not everyone is a mechanic or engineer. Good to know though.
Edit: Also, if you're that guy, why stop by the dealership at all? Just keep driving.

I'll bringing buy when/if a Crackdown 3 bundle comes out. Still haven't purchased a 4k TV and recently built a Mid-Range PC so I'm set for some time i guess.

This will be the first time since OG Xbox where I'm not going to be pre-ordering an MS console for day 1. I have seen nothing that has convinced me to buy the console this year.

I'll wait until a price drop in 2018.

Out of curiosity, do you currently own an Xbox One and use it regularly? I ask because I've been kind of on the fence as someone who uses my Xbox for all third party games.

I'll most likely pre-order on Sunday just so it isn't sold out if I definitely decide to get one, but idk. I don't own a 4K TV and won't get one for another 2-3 years. I'd be buying this just for the promise for faster loading/better visuals on games I already own and plan to buy going forward. To be fair, I do the same thing every year with my phone so I'm not sure why this is such a big debate for me.

I didn't know that?

Sweet!

It's listed on the store page.
xCaumyh.png

I really woshed they'd release it earlier. The bulk of interesting 3rd party games seems to come Sept/Oct with only Assassins Creed and Forza in November.

If they'd release early October I'd get it because I'd get most games for it.in November the time may have passed. Though this means I may jist get thw OLED I wanted on Blacl friday if there are deals.

I really woshed they'd release it earlier. The bulk of interesting 3rd party games seems to come Sept/Oct with only Assassins Creed and Forza in November.

If they'd release early October I'd get it because I'd get most games for it.in November the time may have passed. Though this means I may jist get thw OLED I wanted on Blacl friday if there are deals.

Are you in a different region with different release dates? Destiny 2 is September, Forza 7/Assassin's Creed/Wolfenstein II are October.

Call of Duty WW2, Battlefront 2, and Need for Speed are November, but only two of those titles (Star Wars and NFS) release after the One X. I definitely agree that they could benefit greatly from an earlier release, just wanted to correct the release date thing.

Unity2012

I'm looking forward to finally play the X. Day one for me. I feel MS still have a few tricks up their sleeves. As launch approaches we will see more reasons to get on board.

flkraven

A friend had this thought: A voucher for DesignLabs packed in with the Xbox One X.

Doubt that imo. Can't speak for others, but I'm getting this bad boy day one and I'm at the point where I'd prefer it be cheaper with NO controller in the box. My elite controller is the one and only.

I doubt any other early adopters are hurting for controllers, so an extra one (although customizable) won't really move units, and it seems like a very expensive pack in since it will be custom made and delivered later.

Adding free digital content makes the most sense. Day one achievement here we go!

When did the UK retailers update their pages to confirm 1TB? I just spotted it now.

Edit: To confirm, I know the blurb said it - and perhaps the box - but I didn't think the listing did. New 2TB SKU inc?

Raide

A friend had this thought: A voucher for DesignLabs packed in with the Xbox One X.

I have though that idea. Would be pretty cool to pre-order and design a custom version for launch but the logistics of that would be mental. A voucher would make sense.

I'd be quite happy with a FIFA bundle in the UK. My kids play FIFA quite a bit.

I've already pre-ordered Forza 7, so I'd be a bit miffed if that was the bundle.

Thebonehead

Banned

I fixed broken bumper buttons on my sons Elite controller twice, Mine once, The grips on my Elite also loosened so i recut them and re-glued.

My day 1 controller had to replace the thumbsticks as they'd come loose.

As a result of all those swaps my controllers are a mish-mash of colours already so design labs doesn't hold much appeal.

would it be worth getting an SSD for the X? Im taking the advice of someone earlier and putting all my stuff on a hard drive so it will be ready to go when the X gets here. Is it even worth it to get an SSD for the base xbox?

would it be worth getting an SSD for the X? Im taking the advice of someone earlier and putting all my stuff on a hard drive so it will be ready to go when the X gets here

I went with a regular drive not too long ago simply because i could get more storage at a cheaper price... Unless I'm wrong, an ssd will increase load times and stuff, sure, but it's not like a game will necessarily run any better because of it.

ViciousDS

Banned
I went with a regular drive not too long ago simply because i could get more storage at a cheaper price... Unless I'm wrong, an ssd will increase load times and stuff, sure, but it's not like a game will necessarily run any better because of it.

the only thing I have noticed for certain games in my Pro (this is before patches that fix certain loading issues....so problems would get fixed anyways) for having an SSD is it fixtures some texture loading bugs being able to access the memory instantly. It was apparent in some games before they got patched for better texture streaming and load times vary.

Games like NBA 2k17 (probably 18 soon as well) I would almost say required an SSD just to fucking enjoy on the consoles. My little brothers xbox one load screens were 30 seconds just for everything.......it absolutely is a terrible experience. However this is on the developer more then anything else.

But it very, very, very rarely ever made a game have a higher FPS.

Apparently some of the people in this thread didn't know this though.

But yeah, reading that I give it little chance of hitting this year.

See, I am feeling kinda worried for the Battlegrounds Dev Team at this point. They are a small crew, and it seems like a lot of pressure from the Xbox One X launch is starting to fall their way. I see people saying Battlegrounds should be a pack in title with the One X, that it will be the reason people pick up a One X because the game is so hot right now.

We aren't even sure the game could launch this year. I feel their could be a lot of unfair pressure on the devs and I want the game to be fantastic and the best it can be on consoles. I just hope it doesn't get pushed out the door due to pressures of having it ready for the One X launch.

Darklor01

See, I am feeling kinda worried for the Battlegrounds Dev Team at this point. They are a small crew, and it seems like a lot of pressure from the Xbox One X launch is starting to fall their way. I see people saying Battlegrounds should be a pack in title with the One X, that it will be the reason people pick up a One X because the game is so hot right now.

We aren't even sure the game could launch this year. I feel their could be a lot of unfair pressure on the devs and I want the game to be fantastic and the best it can be on consoles. I just hope it doesn't get pushed out the door due to pressures of having it ready for the One X launch.

Yeah, it is concerning, however, there are some things to keep in mind. The Forza team got a port going in just days. Some other devs are praising the box. Let's just hope for the best. :D

Theorry

Isnt MS helping with a team for the console version located in Spain? I read something about that i believe and some xbox people posted a couple of times they were visiting.

StillEdge

Isnt MS helping with a team for the console version located in Spain? I read something about that i believe and some xbox people posted a couple of times they were visiting.
Yeah. This is the only thing I don't see getting pushed back. PUBG is way to important to get out first and as early as possible.

Top Bottom